It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This Sky Is Not Blue

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
For anyone who comes back to this thread (which is dying thanks to the same debunkers [professional thread killers
] who show up on every thread about chemtrails), I'd like to insert this link to a newer thread on ATS that is directly related to this one. And in doing so.... I rest my case.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars

But I do wonder, when I was a child I was told the reason the sky was blue, for the most part, was because of the ocean. It was generally a reflection of that body.

It's actually the other way around, the ocean looks blue because of the blue sky.

Anyway to the OP. Have you travelled a lot lately? do you think it might just be the area you live that has pale skys. Have you been to a hot country to see any difference?

[edit on 15-4-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Albertarocks

This thread isn't 'dying'....you just don't have a valid scientific arguement.

Even your linky to this newest thread is already debunked....

AND, no....'debunking' isn't a bad word!

Maybe the opposite of 'deny ignorance' is 'advocate norance'....oops, not a real word. How about, 'promote knowledge' whilst 'denying unwarranted superstitions'?

According to that clip you linked to, barium causes chest pain and reduced immune systems. Do YOU have chest pain or an impaired immune system? I don't....and, no....haven't seen an MD in over 3 years, I don't have allergies, I caught a cold once, never had the flu (except as a teenager...this is four decades ago)...need I continue?

Again....contaminants are best sprayed low and slow, not high and fast.

Low and slow, like kinda/sorta from a 200' tall smokestack, perhaps?

Here's a suggestion....seriously....try keeping a log. When you see extensive high-altitude thin cloud cover, note it, and then log the weather changes that occur over the following few days. Check the NWS (or the Canadian equilavent) for forecasts, surface prog charts, high-altitude progs, front locations and types, winds and temps aloft, etc.

Think of it as a hobby....

[edit on 4/15/0909 by weedwhacker]

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

This thread isn't 'dying'....you just don't have a valid scientific arguement.

Again....contaminants are best sprayed low and slow, not high and fast.

Low and slow, like kinda/sorta from a 200' tall smokestack, perhaps?

Keep denying all you want. I don't know what your agenda is and quite frankly I could care less. The average reader here has enough common sense to at least look at the evidence and come to quite a different conclusion than you do. Your logic says "I'll keep smoking because I don't have cancer yet, therefore I'll never get cancer from smoking cigarettes". It's a waste of time arguing with someone who sees a green lawn and calls it red. You have a clear agenda here that most people can see right through. Who's paying you?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Here's an article on "global dimming": digg.com... which states that incoming solar radiation (worldwide) has decreased by an average of 12% (particulates making the sky "less blue") and here's a documentary I found about it too:

Google Video Link

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Albertarocks
I don't understand what you mean OZ? Are you saying there's no such thing as chemtrails? Because they're real enough that Obama has as much as admitted it:

www.infowars.com...

Except he hasn't.

The idea of spraying sulphates into the atmosphere to counter global warming has been around for a long time and were we ever to do such a thing we would be no more aware of it from the ground than we were aware of the increase sulphates in the atmosphere that came from Mount Pinatubo (and which led to this much disputed idea)

It's a typical non sequitur argument made by chemtrail disinformationists - aimed at the ignorant and gullible who assume they must be right without looking at the actual science.

As for the colour of the sky - depends on weather conditions, time of year and pollution emitted by cars and industry. Here today in Engand the sky is as blues as it's been in 100,000,000 years
But as the pictures in the link at the bottom of my signature show, it's not always like that. Thanks to our obsession with flying.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
In main Pensacola, I rarely see a strong blue sky, out here in Milton, fair often (mostly when I have work) it's a beautiful clear blue day.
Wasn't a huge time ago, but I remember how much more blue the skies seemed to be during winter as a kid. Part of that was there were generally less storms and less cloud cover, since most of what I remember of my summers were rain storms and cloudy days.

About the clearest blue sky I can remember was when we were miles off shore, land wasn't even a smudge on the horizon. No clouds over head, just the sun.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   

I only have 28 years of life experience
but in that 28 years the sky has not appeared any less blue - although, the better the day the bluer the sky.

I couldn't resist posting this birdseye ad, which at the very start explains why the sky appears to be blue

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join