Angels SP Nick Adenhart dead at age 22

page: 1

join

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Angels pitcher Nick Adenhart was among the three people killed in a crash in Fullerton when a driver ran a red light, an associate of the rookie player said this morning. The crash occurred hours after the 22-year-old appeared in Wednesday night's Angels game.

He died in the accident that occurred shortly after midnight at the intersection of Orangethorpe Avenue and Lemon Street in Fullerton, said Lt. Craig Brower of the Fullerton Police Department. Several witnesses told police that the driver of a red minivan ran a red light at the intersection, hitting a silver Mitsubishi carrying four people. Two people were pronounced dead at the scene by paramedics, authorities said. Two others were taken to a nearby hospital, where a third person was later pronounced dead, Brower said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

story

I feel like I swallowed a limp of coal when I first heard about this story. The kid was only 22 years old, I was watching him pitch last night, and he was great! He was a highly touted prospect that I have been following for years in the minors. This year due to injuries he finally got his shot full time in the big leagues. And now because of a "alleged" drunk driver he is dead. What a sad story.

And what sucks even worse is that in a couple hours I am flying out there because I was suppose to go to the Angels games this weekend. I'm sure at least today's game will be canceled, not sure what will happen this weekend.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I saw this in the morning. It's really sad.

new topics

join