It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mystery of the Screaming Man

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I found this a fascinating story and wonder if the conclusion is not reached too easily.

The Mystery of the Screaming Man

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by seamjay

Cool post and welcome to the site and esp. the Ancient and Lost Civ forum. I am going to excerpt from your article (people are not always good about clicking links around here
) as it is fascinating. I love it when a mystery gets solved.

Now, almost 130 years later, it is believed that the “screaming man” can be identified.

With the use of contemporary documents, x-rays, CT scanning and facial reconstruction, scientists are convinced that the man is Prince Pentewere, elder son of Rameses III.

Dr Susan Redford, an Egyptologist from Pennsylvania State University, points out that an ancient papyrus scroll details a plot by Tiy, the wife of Rameses III, to dethrone her husband in favor of their son, even though he was not the nominated heir.

'The scroll tells us that the coup was very quickly discovered and the plotters brought to trial,' she explained. "They were sentenced to death, but the papyrus also tells us that Pentewere was spared this fate. Perhaps because of his royal status he was allowed to commit suicide.” Most probably with poison.

NOTE: To see how I did that click on the 'Quote' button on the top right section of this post.

Cheers!
TWISI

[edit on 10-4-2009 by TheWayISeeIt]

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
That is very sociable of you TWISI and I thank you.
My only query to you is: will that now stop people clicking on the link and reading the full article as intended?

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I clicked and read the full article, so no it isn't going to stop everyone

Interesting how the pain of death was captured... That's deep.

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Thanks for pointing that out to a new user.

I agree, Estharik. It is a very macabre picture, and the pain that he felt does not bear thinking about.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
This is fascinating stuff!... Modern technology solves unsolved ancient mysteries... And it's creepy too... Love it!

top topics

join