It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8 Reasons Why I DOn't Believe In God

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

ya but when people say they have talked to god or know god now we recognize that they are mentally unstable

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by rangersdad

that's called an overflow of emotional stimuli do some research on your organized religion and study pschology

posted on Sep, 22 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

Originally posted by Welfhard
Ah good ol' George Carlin. The late great.

It's always difficult to have a serious discussion when a comedian pops up. *sigh*

[edit on 9-4-2009 by saint4God]

There is much truth in a comedian's rant. You should listen to more of them.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by DoctorHouseMD

If hell does exist I want to be located next to Carlin

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by AlexG141989

4.) Freewill and omniscience – It has long been believed by Christians that free will was a gift from God. Freewill is our ability to do as we choose, and omniscience is a deity’s ability to know all: past, present, and future. But how can I have the freewill to choose a course of action, when said course of action was long ago predicted by the omniscient being? In other words, I have no choice but to do what God predicted I would do. If I die an unlawful sinner, how can God condemn me to eternal damnation when he already knew of my sins before they were committed? Let’s go back to the supposed beginning of man on earth, the fictional story of Adam and Eve. Did God not know that Eve would take a bite out of that fruit, and in doing so seal their fate? The rules of omniscience say yes, he did know, but if he knew all along then why forbid Adam & Eve from entering the Garden of Eden?

God did not predict what you would do he knows what you will do with your free will

Big difference.

Also free will is not a product of time.

Or else animals would posses this choice.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by AlexG141989

the purpose of the religious teachings is to become a child of God, my dear friend. A christian is also a muslim and a muslim also a christian if what they taught was truth. I only read the intro of your post.

A christian must become a child as a muslim must become a child. I find both books of both religions can be enlightening. Wisdom out of any book is enlightening.

the very best to you too!

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
God is truth.

Do you believe truth? scientifically unexplained?

You seem to have no belief in God because of unappropriate things. Maybe you misjudged yourself and you do grow faith.
edit on 2011/9/23 by etherical waterwave because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join