It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ROC Observer posts in the UK

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Has anybody thought about using 1 of the many hundreds of disused observer post bunkers in the UK as a potential Bug out location?

I have 4 within a 10 mile radius of my home and have been thinking they would be alot more safer than caves if TSHTF!

Any thoughts?

www.subbrit.org.uk/rsg/roc/index2.shtml

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Ummm yeah.

They look like they have been filled in or at the very least have been neglected for the past 10 years. A cave would be a better bet than trying to refurb one of these bunkers. That is unless one is on your property and you can devote plenty of spare time to the project.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by bismarcksea

Most of them are in bad condition but there are a few around that need just a little TLC!

The 4 i have close to me are high up on the mountain....1 is filled in,2 are in a bad state and 1 was overgrown with brambles up until i got my hands on it ha ha....it is in fairly good condition and still has most of the orginal equipment in there exept the bunk beds. would like to keep it as an open option if TSHTF.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I've been inside the one in York that's used as (not very popular) tourist attraction. I think everyone that's ever been there has thought about using these posts in an emergency situation, including the inhabitants of the dozen or so houses in the cul-de-sac where the post is situated.

new topics

top topics

join