It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does revenge heal victims?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
no, revenge only fuels the ego, the only that truly heals is forgiveness the rest is all illusion

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
When you plan to get even with someone, you are only letting that person continue to hurt you.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
When you plan to get even with someone, you are only letting that person continue to hurt you.

exactly, i never understand that part of it, it just destroys them too. But people love seeing others suffer, pure scum.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by HulaAnglers
reply to post by ghaleon12

My brother is a rapist darling, if he got it good it would actually liberate the women in this family, he is a dangerous threat to all of us, do not ever question his self entitlement...he is 7ft tall and society has not put him away. I as a family member have been paying for him, and my little sister too, so rejoice we have been raped repededly! This is the sick type of justice/karma here on earth.

I have no mercy left, what you do on to others should be done to you in the briefest delay possible, and if you have not been a victim you cannot ever measure the grave consequences imposed by another's transgressions.

We've all been victims in one way or another. But wishing pain on someone else just so a person can feel better is a bit twisted. I feel bad, so if I stab that person in the face, I'll feel better. Everyone would be left bloodied and bruised.

It says in the Old Testament that the good and the bad both come from God, maybe people should take it up with Him rather than being so atheist in their ideas. Take your hatred for others and direct it towards God, then you'll be getting somewhere since you will be forced to change.

[edit on 9-4-2009 by ghaleon12]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghaleon12

Originally posted by HulaAnglers
reply to post by ghaleon12

Take your hatred for others and direct it towards God, then you'll be getting somewhere since you will be forced to change.

I have no hatred and neither does my sister we are just endowed with immense wisdom, creativity and healing abilities! Being a woman I never bought in to the "God" thing and I am not the one who has to change!!!

Beleive me it is hard to deal with this when you remember the perp as a helpless child, I had to force myself to hate what he did, I had mercy because he was conditioned by his environment, I saw the whole deal and was very conscious at a young age. I felt I had to protect him when we were little, but he started to show signs of saddism at an early age and thats where I only had pity for his role in this game of life.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I worked at Disney World. These kids I lived with kept calling me gay, I mean I had asked them nicely to stop and they just kept right on picking on me like untamed monkeys. I wanted revenge, but I did not want to use violence. I urinated in their orange juice and watched them (parched mind you) drink the whole jug. Did this heal my pain, no it actually made me arrogant and I lost my job, I just always have something to laugh at until th end of time. My point is this, if revenge is putting someone who has done you wrong down, then wouldnt it in affect be the same as bringing yourself up? Distancing yourself by an entire social class? Their hate should be the fuel to your fire. Dont shoot up the entire school, work hard toward something that brings you happiness. Success is the best revenge, for you and for the safety of our children.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join