It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the new penny.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I was never really offended by the thing.
I just had to say I was so the administration of ats would let the post on.

Actually, I was only amused. But when I tried to start the thread in that direction, it was moved to the trash bin for t and c violations for even mentioning Uncle Toms cabin.

(I think Uncle tom was an african american that sympathised with slave owners. Or something to that efect.) I will look it up later.

like I said, I didn't realize that Abraham Lincon being born in a barn was such a valued part of american history. I assume a lot of people were born in log cabins back in those days.

The fact is (and I don't know if anyone else has even seen this penny, and I cant post it on here) that when I saw that penny, the FIRST thing I thought was, "holy crap that's uncle Tom's Cabin. I can't believe they did that."

And I am sure the eighty percent black population that was in my georgia elementry school, will make the same conection. As will most of the black people or even people in general that see this coin.

What is next? Are they going to put a cherry tree on the nickle and say no that's not a hanging tree.

Dude, black people got beaten to death and hung in this country. Maybe a big fat civil war helped them forgive, but how the hell can you forget.

<< 1   >>

join