It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA Plot to Kill Kim Jong Il?

page: 1.

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   
SEOUL, South Korea - North Korean authorities declared an emergency Thursday in a region near the capital where two fuel trains collided and exploded, killing or injuring as many as 3,000 people, South Korean media reported.
The South Korean news agency Yonhap said officials of the secretive North Korean government had put in place a "type of state of emergency" around the city of Ryongchon, about 30 miles north of Pyongyang, the capital.

The North Korean leader, Kim Jong Il, had quietly passed by rail through the station as he returned from China before dawn some hours earlier. It was not clear what caused the crash or whether it was related to Kim's journey, but a South Korean official, quoted on condition of anonymity by South Korea's all-news cable channel YTN, said it appeared to have been an accident.

Snipped at MSNBC.com
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

South Korean Leader Kim Jong Il passed through this area only hours before this train crash that has been said to have claimed as many as 3,000 lives.

We all have heard the threat that North Korea is to the USA.

And I am sure the CIA is involved in North Korea at many levels by now.

I know this is a BIG what if here, but what if the CIA is trying to create an event like this in order to kill Kim Jong Il.

I find it interesting, and given what we know (very Little) anything could be possible.

This must have been a super massive explosion to have killed as many as 3,000.

And to happen so close to the border with China?

About the time Kim Jong Il was known to have been returning from China ... BY TRAIN!

HMMMMMMMM???

Just a thought.

Gazz

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Considering there was nine hours in between trains, if it was an attemp on Kim, then it was botched pretty good.

NK has always had tight reigns on what info gets in and out.

An interesting note: I listened to an interview with a former US ambassador to South Korea and he thought that it was most likely an accident and that this kind of thing has probably happened before, just not on this scale.
He said NK is a mess. The infrastructure is allegedly 30-40 years behind. A documentary I saw on PBS on NK that was filmed fairly recently lends me to believe that. (I will try to dig up the title up)

It is going to be real interesting to watch what developes over the next few weeks.

EDIT: Here is the Documentary

[Edited on 22-4-2004 by Facefirst]

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
what i think is that it was most probably an accident. however, without proper information coming out of the country, they can twist the truth anyway they would like. basically, if they want war, they can get it. they could just call it an attack from any country they feel like going against. it is a rather strange coincidence though, that kim was going through just hours before... i don't think the CIA would screw up something this big though, by a gap of hours.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I would lean more towards the CIA being involved than with the idea of Al-Qaeda involved in this one. But I don't know....I would hope the CIA had more pressing issues to deal with like Al-Sadr, Bin Laden and others...but then again..who knows.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
I would lean more towards the CIA being involved than with the idea of Al-Qaeda involved in this one. But I don't know....I would hope the CIA had more pressing issues to deal with like Al-Sadr, Bin Laden and others...but then again..who knows.

But, really, don;t you think putting Kim Jong Il out of business would be a feather in the CIA's cap, and be a shot in the arm to the Bush administration??

Interesting fin, UM_Gazz

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   
State of emergency declaired and all phone lines cut!?! He was there first 3 hours before...and then 9 hours before. Who is to say that this is not a lie and he is dead? Would the country be thrown into a power struggle over leadership if everyone knew that he was dead? I'll just wait and see till he pokes his head out in order to make up my mind.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
State of emergency declaired and all phone lines cut!?! He was there first 3 hours before...and then 9 hours before. Who is to say that this is not a lie and he is dead?

That is a thought I have been entertaining as well. There have been no statements from Kim and no mention of his current whereabouts.

I wait patiently.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   
i doubt it was anyone and it was just an accident.....just because i dont see how anyone could sneak into north korea, i mean the CIA has never been able to get very much information about the country or anything before.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Im tending to slant more towards a warning to N Korea

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   
NK is so volitile, if you got rid of Kim, what then? A power vacuum? Mass chaos and refugees? It would be great to get rid of him, but at least now who we know who is in charge of those missiles and artillery. I say it was an accident. Those tracks are in such a state of disrepair, who knows how many times this happened before? Someplace other than near the border, where it is more obvious?

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe

Originally posted by worldwatcher

But, really, don;t you think putting Kim Jong Il out of business would be a feather in the CIA's cap, and be a shot in the arm to the Bush administration??

Interesting fin, UM_Gazz

Thanks .. I think

I don't think the CIA is looking for feathers in their cap here.

But I do believe there is some great chance for the CIA to both be involved in North Korea at many levels and since Bush named north Korea in his axis of evil I think it is quite possible that this could have been an attempt on his life, or at least a warning.

But there is no way in hell we will ever know the truth here, so we are only left with speculation.

I am watching FOX news now and I find it strange that now the main line on this story they are reporting is "we do not think this was any attempt on Kim Jong Il's life"... hmmmm

Kim Jong Il is an insane man, just do some looking on your own.. he is even suicidal, thinks he would be a great movie actor and producer, and he has an army, and working on nukes, even working as we speak on the Tae Poo Dong III .. a three stage to orbit missle that could hit any city in the USA with nukes.

To think this man is not the target of the CIA and others would be foolish.

But what the hell do I know?

Gazz

[Edited on 22-4-2004 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Its part of the korea war plan called 5026, 5027, and 5030 which I have copys of which clearly states blackmail/nuclear war/sanctions and assinations if nessarry looks like the pentagon missed.

As far as the war plans for korea the pentagon last year tried that for augest. This year there is a good chance of that happening july time frame.

As far as I know marines have already been depolyed in south korea as well as chinese as of last year some where in the area of the entire 1st marine bargade.

Falcon.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Amazing how the news media is all over this now, hmmm

All of them stressing the point that this was not an attempt on Kim Jong Il's life. hmmm

Of course if it was and it ended up being a mistake or bad timing causing the death of thousands do you think we'd ever be told the truth.. DUH!

Damn maybe I need sleep, even I am sounding paranoid now..lol

Gazz

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
State of emergency declaired and all phone lines cut!?! He was there first 3 hours before...and then 9 hours before. Who is to say that this is not a lie and he is dead? Would the country be thrown into a power struggle over leadership if everyone knew that he was dead? I'll just wait and see till he pokes his head out in order to make up my mind.

I had not heard about the 3 hour scenario; this certainly makes you wonder. I wouldn't deny the CIA's hand in this. Kim's lack of visibility, if nothing more than for propaganda, is certainly peculiar. However, you would think that rumors would be out somehow if something was up. **holds breath, but not too long since I haven't quit smoking yet **

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Well let's see,

I doubt the CIA could penetrate NK because they were unable to penetrate Iraq or Iran, supposedly. On the other hand the CIA has a reputation of screwing up a lot of covert op's but you never here about their succeses's either.
At any rate the problem now is not why or who. The problem is that pschycotic's interpretation
If he should percieve the event as a personal attack on his existience his reaction could be catastrophic. The next few days will tell

TUT

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by tututkamen
Well let's see,

I doubt the CIA could penetrate NK because they were unable to penetrate Iraq or Iran, supposedly. On the other hand the CIA has a reputation of screwing up a lot of covert op's but you never here about their succeses's either.
At any rate the problem now is not why or who. The problem is that pschycotic's interpretation
If he should percieve the event as a personal attack on his existience his reaction could be catastrophic. The next few days will tell

TUT

You underestimate the CIA?

I think you could be right here

I just find what we don't know about this as telling as what we do.

Of course it is all speculation.

I find it strange how the news media is now working so hard to dismiss the reports that this was an attempt on Kim Jong Il's life.

And on the other hand they are saying that they now are unsure if it was one train or two, can't be sure of the time of the explosions or what time Kim Jong Il's train passed through there.

Phone lines cut, and all communications in the area shut down....hmmm

The media is admitting they know very little about this event but are reporting rumors any way.

But on the other hand they are so sure that this "was not and attempt on Kim Jong Il's life or a terrorist attack"...hmmm

Gazz

top topics

join