It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Frightening, Unsolved and Disturbing Incident of Nine Dead Skiers

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jericanman

thats crazy the only way i could see something like that happening is if they where on drugs.

Well, the autopsy did not show any trace of drugs. I assume a tox screen wouldve been done to determine cause of death

mushrooms grow everywhere in that area. u can google this.

This would have been plausible if the incident happened in summer. Im sure mushrooms dont grow through snow

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
i don't believe the Russian government would classify this situation as Top Secret if it was a simple avalanche or someone going insane, or even an attack by locals. They classified this because there was some weird crap going on. Such as the high levels of radiation. The Russian government had top scientist at their disposal. To classify this as top secret tells me they were worried or something happened to these skiers that they didn't want anyone to know about. Are we getting all the classified information about this story and the surrounding area, such as military exercises, glowing red lights seen in the sky. One things for sure no avalanche causes high levels of radiation!!!

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   
"The case is about nine experienced cross country skiers, on a skiing expedition, whom were all found deceased in mysterious and eerie circumstances. "

Some rather messy grammar and punctuation here detracts from the article. If the writing is this amateurish, maybe the research is too. No need for either of the commas in this sentence, and whom is definitely wrong here. It should be who.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kaspar Hauser
Some rather messy grammar and punctuation here detracts from the article. If the writing is this amateurish, maybe the research is too. No need for either of the commas in this sentence, and whom is definitely wrong here. It should be who.

What the hell is it with the grammar police? If you have a problem with my writing take it up with someone else.

Sorry for not being as good a writer as you expect me to be...im not a journalist or author, so just get over it.

And to assume that my research is second rate due to my style of writing is just plain ignorant, and pathetic. If you have nothing useful to add here, why even bother

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroGhost

There was a lack of external injuries on some of the victims. These probably died of exposure. The missing tongue, crushed skull, and broken ribs are both internal and external injury. So, I still say its evidence of a bear attack.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroGhost

On the issue of radiation. The Soviets used to dump nuclear waste in the Ural mountains, sometimes without any kind of a container. So, the radiation could be a result of nuclear contamination in the area. The Soviet military would not be forthcoming about this.

It would be interesting to investigate the area today with a geiger counter.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Originally posted by Family Size
From what I remember, isn't there some local legend or folklore that comes from the Mansi tribe, about 9 Mansi dying on the mountain Kholat Syakhyl (mountain of the dead) ?
The place they were heading for Mount Ortorten, means don't go there !

What I find curious is the level of radiation in the area.

[edit on 10-4-2009 by Family Size]

That was one of the initial theories thought about by the lead investigator, Lev Ivanov. I believe this was ruled out due to the fact that no Mansi were actually living in the area (i think). One of the sources i posted on page one explains this in greater depth

Do you mean that Mansi were thought as culprits of foul play due to the drowning of the female Geologist in the 1930's by Mansi Shamans ?
Wasn't trying to make the point, just didn't see it mentioned, local names and legends often provide clues.
Yes, I like the idea investigators found no Mansi living in the area, probably something to do with the Mansi name.

[edit on 11-4-2009 by Family Size]

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Very interesting story OP.

Star and Flag is in order.

I will post a short list analysis of the evidence described in the story, only this analysis will be reaching 3 levels leaning towards the hypothesis that something intelligent attacked the 9 skiers. Here it is:

Level 1

1-internal injuries with no external visible marks or scratches.
2-members of the party had at least the skin on their faces exposed to intense light sources that could produce a tan.
3-tongue from one member of ONLY THE FEMALE was missing.
4-traces of radiation found in surrounding area and campers gear.
5-no identity of the attacker was found to the level that evidence could be established from the crime scene.
6-anomalous lighting phenomena in general area frequently were or are still being reported.
7-military test site nearby or frequent interest of the military for this remote region.
8-UFO activity or anomalous weather, multiple witnesses, also during estimated time of the incident from third parties
9-screws and spiraling micro structures found in the general territory

Level 2

1-shock wave weapon
2-illumination with instruments producing UV light
3-soft tissue removal only from female gender party member
4-radiation scattering
5-no tracks or marks or items of the attacker
6-bright spheres with orange as prevalent color
7-military presence
8-multiple sightings
9-detection of sites with anomalous archeology in the general area

Level 3

1-advanced crowd control weapons which their uses leave no external evidence to the untrained researcher. Ideal subjugation technology against primitive cultures.
2-technology causing certain effects, or simple lighting technology of the attacker
3-surgical gear, ritual practice and or murder.
4-to kill possible agents microbes or bacteria that could point at some point to the identify of attacker, or simply a byproduct of the technology of the attacker which was probably not harmful to the users but is against humans/victims.
5-airborne
6-partially lighted or partially visible vehicle/s
7-area is of interest also to the military
8-sightings probably since as locals can remember
9-ancient civilization habitat nearby-away station-or metropolis very far from human inhabited areas, findings dated to pre-human era.
distanced from human population - whatever could be witnessed there (spied from the natives/humans) could be duplic-able by the natives/humans and perhaps very revealing of the nature of the initial foreigners. That can point to intelligent human beings capable of producing some levels and forms of technology themselves. The anomalous technology would then be simple in its concept and had very distinctive effects, yet still unknown to natives/humans.

Last, if the case was ordered closed or moved to another level of secrecy from the military which probably opened another file for this after removing authority from the local police to further investigate, and all that happened after sightings of anomalous phenomena were described from multiple witnesses as being relevant with the incident, then the military probably has more files on such incidents and were conducting similar investigations at that time period.

[edit on 11-4-2009 by spacebot]

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Just a quick reply considering what I'm going to say has already been mentioned:

I think we can definately rule out an avalanche due to the tent not being completely covered in snow and the visible footprints. As far as I know there was no sign an avalanche had occured and none reported in the area?

Animal attack can also be ruled out due to the lack of footprints and lack of injuries to the party. Surely if an animal had attacked there would be bite marks, blood etc

It's strange that the tent was ripped open from the inside, this suggest's that they didn't want or couldn't leave the tent through it's opening. It's reasonable to stipulate that there was someone/something outside the tent keeping them in.

However, surely if something/someone was outside the tent that had malicious intentions they would just simply walk around the side of the tent where the group had cut it and then carry out what ever it was they wanted to do.

The fact that the party members were partially dressed suggests that either they were in a hurry to leave or as people have mentioned they were suffering the mental effects of hypothermia.

The three that died suffering from massive internal injuries is strange aswell, maybe they was hit by some type of vehicle? Just a thought..

Levels of radiation on the party members clothing also seems dodgy but why was the clothes tested for radiation in the first place?

Hmmm - that wasn't really a quick reply was it?

Thought I'd add the image below as it hasn't been posted yet, its another view of the skiers tent when it was discovered:

[edit on 11/4/09 by Death_Kron]

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by spacebot

Most excellent commentary, you have ordered most of the facts in a comprehensive manner, all that is left is to provide the missing evidence and solve the crime. In the vernacular of Sherlock Holmes, "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever is left, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." I would provide the solution for you but where is the fun in that. The missing evidence is the collapsed tent and the landscape around it. It should bear the old maritime warning, "Here there be monsters." The Mansi people are indigenous to the area, they tend to shamanistic beliefs. The Mansi name for the place the nine skiers was killed is "mountain of the dead" and the name of the mountain they were headed for is named "don't go there." As a parting hint....examine the pieces of "alien metal" found there. Aside from being the source of the radioactive residue on the clothing, the entities in/on the metal are the same as the beings who inhabit the land.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Out of curiosity, did they use this event as a premise for a movie (Hollywood or Network) or or on a tv show such as outer limits or something?

I only ask because for some reason I when reading the OP I got detailed images in my head almost instantly and more keep coming back to me as I think back into it. As if I've seen the scenario before a ways back, sorta like remembering a dream from a few years back I just can't pan the thought out far enough to see a title, a situation, or what I could be confusing.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by secretagent woooman
The internal bruising and damage could be from radiation poisoning which also might explain skin discoloration but that drastic of injuries is odd.
I don't think radiation poisoning would make damage that was not identified as such by a doctor, direct physical damage is not like the effects of poison (most radioactive materials are poisonous) or radiation (radiation "burns").

Also, I think I saw yesterday on one of the several links I read that the radiation found was beta radiation, and that is the kind of radiation I am getting at this moment looking at my computer's monitor, not the stronger gamma radiation (the one that is usually looked for).

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Excellent article. This is why I love ATS. Every know and then you learn about an interestiong story like this one. My comments regarding some of the earlier posts:

There were no other tracks in the area (people, bears, Sasquatch, whatever... only the nine people)

Five of the nine and no significant injuries and were found within 1.5km of the campsite all having died of hypothermia

The four who DID have injuries all had massive internal injuries with no evident external injuries. They were found some distance further into the woods past the pine tree. So whatever caused their injuries was a localized event. It did not affect the others. Their injuries are consistent with a significant, localized over-pressure.

The radiation MAY be a red-herring. One investigator said the entire area had elevated radiation levels. But my understanding and reading of that information is that the background radiation was normal for the area... not related to the incident.

The 'tanning' noted was not UV-like sun tan. It was described as orange. Also, all their hair was grey.

Clearly, something very, very strange occured there.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Okay, I read through this thread because I have always loved a good mystery. With that said, here is my theory as to what may have happened.

During the second leg of the trip, a member of the group was injured. (maybe the minor head injury)

This injury prompted the group to set up camp in a visible location rather than the safer location within the trees so it would be visible to rescue personel.

Then a group of four of them got dressed in full gear to make the climb down to get help. (leaving the other five behind)

The four who left camp are caught in a mini avalanche, one large enough to have the force to do the internal injury, without leaving external bruising. The tongue missing is bitten off during the avalanche, and later, a scavenger makes off with it.

The remaining five may or may not have know what happened to their friends. Either way, the group of five are left at camp, possibly waiting for a rescue that is not coming. The injured party becomes delusional and starts to act violently. The cause of the violent outburst could be a number of things, radiation poisoning, fever from an infected cut, naturally occuring EMF, lead poisoning in an already compromised immune system, drugs, etc... Regardless, he goes crazy and chases the other four off into the woods, he corners one at the base of the tree, maybe attempts to make a fire in a moment of lucidity, but ultimately, all die from exposure.

Things I believe explain the oddities;
-the camp was set up in the clearing so it would be visible. That is the only reason I could see them doing this when the wooded area would of been safer.

-The radiation source could be anything and may have nothing to do with their deaths. Who knows what the Russians did on that mountain & that would explain the government stepping in to seal the investigation.

-We can not be sure that all of the group died in the same time frame. There could be several days between the deaths and there is no way to tell. Time of death, enviromental effect on the dead body is a science that was not fully explored until well into the seventies, early eighties.

-a small avalanche could cause the internal injuries without leaving a single bruise. The transfer of force from the wall of snow to the body is what causes this to happen & depending on the location of those four, it might have hit them and not the camp itself.

-the tongue came off when the woman was alive. The blood would of been minimal if it was post-mortem. The brute force of a wall of snow coming at a person could very easily cause them to bit off their tongue. Then along came a hungry critter to make off with it.

-The cut in the side of the tent may have been made when the delusional person blocked the door. Rather than hurting a person that was their friend, they used the knife to flee. Or the delusional person may have made the cuts during a moment of rage.

Ovrall, I think the whole thing was a chain reaction of circumstances starting with a injury and ending with the untimely deaths of the group.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
This mystery has a pretty easy explanation.
Group acid trip.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I have noticed that some people think that the woman that was found without the tongue was the only woman in the group, but she was not, the group had two women.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
well if we run the Sherlock Holmes route we still have quite a few possibility's

our options seem to now be down to the following.

1) natural causes via mini avalanche or the threat of avalanche, causing the group to leave camp and 4 to sustain crushing injury's. others die of hypothermia. tounge bitton off during the events and a head injury either sustained from before the events or during.

2) possible psychosis from one or more of the group.(drugs / natural biased pycosis possibly due to head injury) leading to panicked and hurried fleeing of the camp. and deaths as described above.

3) attack by something(animal/bigfoot) resulting in the hasty running from camp. 4 die either via crushing or, the animal in question. others die of exposure after possibly being scared out of the woods. (more creatures) or the creature leaving the camp area. the tree climbing / fire could have been a way to escape the animal or to ward it off.

4) some form of weapons testing (biological, nuclear, sonic)
some for of weapon was tested on the group possibly causing more of a reactions in some of the group. or was very localized causing injury in some but only possibly disorientation in the others after either regaining their senses from the (explosion/ shockwave /bio weapon/minni nuke etc) some try to return to camp but still die from exposure.

5) alien / ufo either direct contact or aggressive moves by a ufo (beam / laser etc) caused the panicked group to head fro the tree line. possibly used weaponry resulting in the strange injury's. then removed the tongue after.

all possible but witch is most probable ??

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

try reading the first line again. it says eight men and two women

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Refuse to believe this, if you wish, but:
I saw three flying spheres take out an aircraft (probably military) at high altitude on Sept. 29, 1993 at 4:47pm over Palisade Colorado. Yes, I filed a report with Stanton Freidman and the Western CO MUFON. ("Take out" = made to disappear.)
These spheres seem to be responsible for alot of strange misfortune and it is probably why those in the "know" think the masses cannot handle the truth.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I think they went on Magic Mushroom/'___' bender and never returned.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join