It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Frightening, Unsolved and Disturbing Incident of Nine Dead Skiers

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by WTEngel

If a nuclear explosion was that close there would not have been evidence left behind at that close range.
Not to mention there would have been a visible blast radius that would have been very hard to hide.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by secretagent woooman

Any type of nuclear weapon that we KNOW of. Some type of experimental weapon that left a detectable radiological signature might cause all kinds of strange abnormal findings.

The only reason I am leaning towards some type of weapon or something similar is the fact that evidence of a small fire was found at the tree the victims were climbing. No clothes, but the means to start a fire? That doesn't add up.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

One crazy person could be restrained though.

I was thinking maybe a volcano was nearby that released some sort of gas. Are there even volcanoes nearby? I could really find out. Villages near volcanoes I've read have been killed just from the gas that can be released.

Maybe a huge amount of gas was released and that affected their judgement or perhaps they were in dire need for oxygen and that's why they left their tent so quickly. Maybe it later triggered an avalanche burying the others and causing some of the more serious injuries.

Far fetched yes, but I haven't heard anyone mention it. The big thing I was trying to figure out was the urgency that they 1. Cut open the tent. and 2. Went out basicaly naked and without shoes in the SNOW. Ouch!!! And it was about -13 F outside from what I read. I don't even know if a bear or something outside would have someone doing that. A lack of oxygen sure would have you moving though. One of the volcanic gases also acts as a "depressant" so that would impair judgement.

Strange idea here, but would someone in the group have tried to eat the tongue? Considering there was no one else there, the most plausible idea is that someone in the group did it. Maybe she died, all the other body parts were frozen and couldn't be eaten, but since the tongue is inside it was maybe not as frozen?

[edit on 9-4-2009 by ghaleon12]

[edit on 10-4-2009 by ghaleon12]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 12:04 AM
link   
IMO, something definately happened at the camp.

Why would you bother to cut your way out of a tent that has a door?
Dimentia? Nah, you won't become hypothermic while in a tent with other people... unless perhaps you have all been stuck there for days and have ran out of food.
These people were bedding down and were terrified by something.

An animal? Why no tracks?

The avalanche theory doesn't hold an ounce of water. This scenario requires that the tent actually be buried under snow... And think about it this way, if it had been, why wouldn't the campers have put their clothes on as they were making their escape?

Maybe they heard an avalanche and freaked out but the avalanche never actually reached their location?
Plausible, but then you have to account for the bizarre injuries.

A blast wave of some sort is the best hypothesis I've seen so far. It can explain the injuries and the radiation.

So, what was it?

It must have been something that the campers were aware of before the event actually took place, as it sent them scrambling for the hills.

This also brings me back to them cutting their way out of the tent.

My best guess is that one of the orange spheres was hovering outside their tent and when they took off, the orange sphere attacked them with some sort of scalar impulse or something...

I don't know. Something that obviously doesn't produce heat as the snow wasn't melted but also was able to start a fire when it was aimed at the man in a tree?

Very bizarre.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Interfacer

I second your theory about the greys being involved. Why else would somebody extract the tongue from the subjects? Lets say a snow yeti of some sort did this, why would a snow yeti even take somebodys tongue? I doubt itd be of interest to the snow yeti considering there is lots of other meatier parts on the body? In most cases would they even eat meat?

[edit on 10-4-2009 by topsecretombomb]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
contaminated alcahol ? it would be a perfect ` precipitator ` for this tragedy

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I am questioning the 'severe internal injuries but no external damage' part. This would pin it squarely on e-ts.

How do we know that this is true? For example, I wonder who actually saw the bodies.

If this was a highly covert operation by the Russian armed forces, the powers that be would have been quite capable of a massive coverup and misinformation.

I think that either extra-terrestrials were involved, or that the armed forces, inadvertently or on purpose (tho I don't know why that would be), were to blame.

Also, they could have lied about apparent UFO sightings so they could blame them. They could have lied about the radiation as well. Who knows? I guess we never will.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Yeah, except for the whole "radioactive clothing" thing. And internal wounds without evidence externally.

One person had their head crushed but no bruising.
Bizarre.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by topsecretombomb

While I agree that this story is very odd, I wonder if you have ever personally eaten cow tongue?

It is delicious. And it comes "surgically" removed.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

Only thing I can think of as to why there is no external damage is maybe the cold? Maybe they were already really cold, got hit or whatever, died, and soon after frozen so maybe bruising would have been lessened.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Definitely a UFO there can be no other explanation. At that temp (-30C) animal tracks would not have melted but could have been blown over. But the internal injuries with no external wounds, now that is strange. Keep in mind that the case was handed over to the military.

All I can say is i wish those darn aliens would stick to cows!

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
The first issue is that these people were experienced, yet they chose to camp out in the open, rather than in the trees. Why? What were they avoiding? If there was the possibility of an avalanche, the trees would provide greater protection.

It seems to me this is an indication that they were afraid BEFORE they camped. But if you were afraid, you'd probably sleep with your clothes on, wouldn't you?

Why cut yourself out of a tent? That makes no sense, unless you had no other exit and had to leave in a hurry. But then, that would require finding your knife and slicing the tent -- surely you would have time to grab your shoes, right?

Why attempt to climb a tree or start a fire when you have a tent full of clothing just a short walk away? This makes no sense.

As far as cutting out the tongue for food, why would they? There is no indication that they were out of food.

We can rule out:

Avalanche
Wild animal attack
Crazy member attack
Hypothermia while inside the tent

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   
My theory:
There was an avalanche. Those who were found mangled up, most likely stayed to put on their gear in turn being buried below snow and crushed. (This accounts for their internal injuries.) For all we know, the chick who had her tongue missing had licked a pole and was forced to move (ripping it off) due to the avalanche.

The others made it out without putting gear on, effectively cutting a way out of their tents before it was to be hit by the avalanche. They get away and eventually find the tree in which one of them fell and got a minor skull injury. They obviously didn't have time to put on all of their clothes so they escaped. It makes perfect sense why they died (hypothermia). Also, they were trying to get a view on the camp by climbing up the tree, but a guy slips.

The radiation can be explained by any number of things. The environment, chemical and gear factors, ect.

Cool story, but I doubt there is anything supernatural about any of this.

[edit on 4/10/2009 by FadeToBlack]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Yeah, except for the whole "radioactive clothing" thing. And internal wounds without evidence externally.

One person had their head crushed but no bruising.
Bizarre.

Not really. In -30 degrees, you'll rarely bruise anything. Especially if it is out in the open with no cover like the survivors. The only 'bruising' you'll get is frostbite. But I doubt they lived long enough to get frostbitten. (If they did I must have missed it.)

Why do you think your mom always told you to hold ice to your boo boo? It cuts back on the bruising/swelling significantly.

...It just happened to be that the environment was the ice pack then.

[edit on 4/10/2009 by FadeToBlack]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   
If the facts as presented here are accurate I think an abduction scenario has to be given serious consideration. I for one believe that the mutilation phenomenon is not limited to cattle and that human mutilation by aliens is perhaps (along with government collaboration with ETs) the most closely guarded secret in the whole of ufology.

The clincher for me is the reports of strange "orange spheres" in the direction of the camp from other hikers in the area on the night in question; I have to believe that the sightings and the fate of the campers are connected. If the Wikipedia source on this is accurate then apparently I am not alone in this since it reports:

"Former police officer Lev Ivanov led the official inquest in 1959. In 1990 he published an article along with his admission that the investigation team had no rational explanation of the accident. He also reported that he received direct orders from high-ranking regional officials to dismiss the inquest and keep its materials secret after reporting that the team had seen "flying spheres". Ivanov personally believes in a paranormal explanation - specifically, UFOs."

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   
How about this explanation…

The tent was torn by a, “are you freaken kidding me”, moment. You know, it was torn packing it up leaving the last camp site… or torn on the climb up to their last camp site, or while putting it together… or Some other worldly incident as they moved around.

Now, why some left and some stayed.

The weather turned bad, ugly bad. Parts of the group wanted to head down the mountain. Yet two of them were mean bullies and they said no! The others protested, and the two who remained said, fine leave if you want, but you aint taking your stuff with you.

So the group of 7 decided, we’re leaving. And so they just left. Now, because they were all wearing extreme winter weather clothes, and because the weather was so bad they couldn’t see behind, in front or to the side of them, sadly they fell down a ravine. Their bodies received major amounts of internal damage, yet because of their thick winter clothes, there was no bruising. We don’t know how much tongue was missing, but you can bet at least one of them would of most likely bit their tongue off if that person was inclined to lightly bite their tongue when scared or stressed. I know people who do so.

Back near the camp.

The two bullies realize the storm has grown in intensity. They begin to realize if those people die because they would not allow them to take all of their gear, just because they were being jerks, they would have hell to pay…so they started to panic. Then as if a gift from God, they thought they heard something so they ran out of their tent. The noise was off in the distance, so they quickly ran out away from their tents, thinking they would only be exposed for a few minutes at most. Yet the storm intensified even more, completely obscuring their view. Some how in a matter of minutes in a blinding snow storm they completely lost their freaken camp… another, “are you freaken kidding me”, moment.
Damn its cold…One of these people had the bright idea to climb a tree and see if he could find their base because it just had to be close. Yet in a blinding snow storm with strong winds, he would find out soon enough that was a horrible idea. The last person, while the other genius climbed the tree, began to make a fire because he understood how much danger they were now in. The person up in the tree reported back he couldn’t see anything, but the guy on the ground couldn’t hear him, so he leaned down a little, lost his balance and fell to the ground, hitting the other person, while at the same time knocking himself out. The other person now completely dazed by being hit by a falling person beings to wander around in shock at both, what just happened to him, his friend he thinks in dead, and the fact he can’t find their got damn camp! Case closed!

The radiation could have come from many sources especially in Russia circa 1959. Like those walking blind in the snow were heading towards an illegal nuclear dumping site… I mean it is near the top of a freaken mountain. The metal objects means nothing either, or perhaps the very fact the metal was there is the reason these seasoned climbers parked there in the first place.

The government cover-up had to do with the unsafe temporary storage site for nuclear material. They most certainly did not want that information leaking out to the near by residents, or to the western world… So they stashed away this case.

A serious run of bad luck for everyone involved, but this scenario is completely human, and as far as I can see, completely logical.

So… how’d I do????

--Charles Marcello

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
A very intriguing story, the lack of clothing especially so. I wonder why they tested for radiation on the clothing, is this common practice?

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by raptor28

Nice derailing attempt raptor , although what makes me laugh more is you say it like it is fact when it is only YOUR speculation. anyway none of what you said was even remotely likely, btw star and Flag OP nice find.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
i love strange unexplained events like this.

i have come across this story before but never rely thought about the circumstances much before.

here is my theory on what happened that night.

they where followed for the last part of their journey that night by an orb. so they decide to camp in the open so they can see this thing (maby the enclosed forest seemd like an unsafe option at the time)

the skiers where getting ready for bed. some dressed some tucked away in their sleeping bags and some in a state of undress. possibly the fully clothed ones where clothed at this point standing guard.

at this time one of the orange orbs (ufo or military who knows) was hovering in the area maby closer than before . this could have scared and confused some of the skiers (maybe due to noises or the light) who made an hasty exit of their tents. the knife slash from the inside of the tent could have been caused by one of the fleeing skiers who was blocked in their tent by a more sensible member of the party, telling them no matter how scary running off in -30 was a worse idea than staying put.

shortly after them escaping the orb could have done something threatening. for example moved closer, made some kind of high pitch disorientation noise etc..

as some of the party semi dressed ran off. the more sensible ones who stayed at the camp decided to follow. (now they are dressed and scared also)

then

an explosion of sorts happened in the air. more likely focused nearer the camp and the 4 that remained (who also got internal injury) i am thinking either some kind of small nuclear device or some kind of sonic shock wave.( a sonic shock wave with high intensity light)

this would have 2 effects possibly causing the internal injurys of the closer skiers. and partially blinding all the people. more so the ones injured. this would happen via flash blinding witch at night would be rather extreme.

flash blindness en.wikipedia.org...

Flash blindness is caused by bleaching (oversaturation) of the retinal pigment. As the pigment returns to normal, so too does sight. In daylight the eye's pupil constricts, thus reducing the amount of light entering after a flash. At night, the dark-adapted pupil is wide open so flash blindness has a greater effect and lasts for a longer time.

the ones who ran off first would have seen this. at this point they could have been trying to build that fire. resulting in bad wood being used as they where partially blinded.

one may have climbed the tree to see if the orb had gone away from the general camp, or just to see if they could spot their buddies after the explotion. by now they are getting hypothermia. after deciding the orb has gone and their friends might need more help some try to go back to the camp. all of these people die from exposure.

while that's going on the 4 hit by the brunt of the blast use the rest of their strength (probably spurred on by adrenaline and the fight or flight instincts) to try and find the skiers who by now are dieing from exposure. they trudge on with the last ounces of their strength and fall to rest in the ravine.

the tongue possibly bitten off during the explosion shock wave. or removed after to determine something about the victims.

the orange tan and Grey hair both caused by the explosion if nuclear in nature. as radiation in high does can cause graying of the hair... like when patients have chemo therapy for cancers. and the tan is just that.

i said orb before (ufo / military) i would have to assume it was ufo in nature as im sure the military if it was a test would have just cleared the area off all the victims as a popper cover up.

edited to remove some of my spelling mistakes . if any grammatical errors please try to ignore as being dyslexic makes them harder for me to spot.

[edit on 10-4-2009 by jericanman]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join