It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Frightening, Unsolved and Disturbing Incident of Nine Dead Skiers

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
It seems to me the people in the tents somehow knew there was real danger outside. Why else would they waste no time into cutting through their tents? Did one of them wake up to the dismembering of the first skier murdered?

It sounds like there was no time to waste in getting away from whatever claimed their lives. Could somebody somehow murder these people and remove somebodys tongue in the end?

If these injuries were like that of a car accident itd take somebody really strong dont you all think? Broken ribs and all..

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Good points there to consider. Interesting to see that the lead investigator has some doubts about the events that took place.

I think I remember reading something about militray personnel witnessing "flying spheres" in the region, quite close to the dates on which it occured. If anyone can dig this up it would be great

There was "testimony from the leader of a group of adventurers who camped about 50 kilometers south of the skiers on the same night. He said his group saw strange orange spheres floating in the night sky in the direction of Kholat-Syakhl." in the declassified files.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
Apparently, records were released in 1990.

Im always skeptical of "reasonable" explanations published 40 years later.

Great Read OzWeatherman!

Haha.. yes.. BUT this one has government conspiracy written all over it!

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I would put money on it that a large animal got into the camp, and they cut out of the tent and ran as they were. A fatal mistake for the group.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
The suggestions of an avalanche or animal attack are very odd. Nothing about the provided information suggests, to me, either of those scenarios. They are both terrifically improbable. First, you need to remember that there were reportedly no bruises or external injuries, but severe internal damage. An avalanche that is near enough to crush your skull and break your ribs is going to not only bury you, but mangle the rest of your body. From www.healthline.com...

A victim who is uninjured and able to fight on the downhill ride usually has a better chance of ending up only partly buried, or if completely buried, a better chance of creating an air pocket for breathing. A victim who is severely injured or knocked unconscious is like a rag doll being rolled, flipped, and twisted. Being trapped in an avalanche is a life-and-death struggle, with the upper hand going to those who fight the hardest. Avalanches kill in two ways. First, serious injury is always possible in a tumble down an avalanche path. Trees, rocks, cliffs, and the wrenching action of snow in motion can do horrible things to the human body. Second, snow burial causes asphyxiation (either obstructed airway or exhausted oxygen supply). A very small percentage of avalanche victims succumb to hypothermia, probably because they succumb to injuries or asphyxia before they have a chance to become sufficiently hypothermic to expire.

There were also 9 visible sets of footprints. I don't need to tell any of you that an avalanche will cover any footprints. If there was an avalanche, it never reached the area they fled from. An impending mountain of snow, close enough to pursuade residents to flee, is going to leave visible damage. If they were running away from a mountain of snow, it seems they terribly miscalculated the real danger, considering that no avalanche ever reached their campground (or the treeline, for that matter).

Shedding clothing due to hypothermia: Did they all stop long enough to remove their clothes and shoes in the tent area, and then proceed to scurry away in different directions? It sounds more like they already had most of their clothing removed (were bedding down for a sleep) and were disturbed by something, causing them to get up and flee without first gathering their clothes or shoes. I suppose we could argue that they developed hypothermia while in their tents, wandered out in a daze and walked toward the edge of the woods, where an avalanche hit them and shattered their bones but failed to bruise or cut their bodies or--assuming the story didn't neglect to mention the major detail of avalanche damage to the trees and surrounding area--destroy any trees. That would be one hell of a case of bad, and weird, luck. If only the hypothermia-while-in-tents part is true, then what is the explanation for the broken bones? You aren't likely to keep walking after your ribs have been broken or your skull crushed, so the ones with severe internal damage were most likely (and with the crushed skull, most definitely) to have lain where they sustained the injuries, barring any postmortem manipulation of the bodies. The individual who climbed the tree, only to fall back to the ground and land next to a fellow skier is an odd detail. I'm not sure what to make of that one just yet.

As for the "animal removed her tongue" argument, I can only assume those receptive to this argument have never seen a wild animal in action or on tv. They are not artful in their method of removing organs. If they sense a warm meal, they don't gather their instruments and gingerly remove the succulent morsel. It's more of a rabid clawing action that occurs.

Now, why slice your tent open from the inside? It sounds like the entrance/exit to the tent was either blocked by something or in view of something/someone and the inhabitants of the tent were attempting to exit it in as furtive a manner as possible (slicing a hole in the tent on a hidden side, perhaps). But this particular detail is not particularly compelling, as a slice through a tent can be had in a number of ways--something falling against or on it, for instance.

This is a really interesting story, OP. Thanks for posting. I wish I had more of an idea of what happened.

[edit on 9/4/09 by paperplanes]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I think it should also be noted that without having the actual reports in front of us, it's difficult to discern between the genuine facts of the story and embellishments by a writer or journalist or simple alterations through a story's years of existence. Our arguments here are reliant upon the veracity of the information we're able to gather with our limited resources.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I see great theories here. I'd like to submit mine.

_ Those people have probably had a close encounter, and we can't understand what effects it might have on people who never had a single thought about what we're on ATS for ( UFOS, am i right?
)

Think about the noise and the lights that this UFO could have emitted, and the psychological effects on a group of people. Mass hysteria, panic and confusion, add to this weather and temperature, and you got people dying like jerks running in the snow.
The others were probably on a recon mission, and probably saw the thing too hovering in the area. Then the survivors were killed, crushed by some kind of kinetic force.
Oh, about the tree thing, they were so freaked out that one of them climbed a tree to have a better vision...excited as he was, i understand him

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

WOW,awesome thread man.I have never heard of it before,sounds like something right out of "Fringe' or "The X Files".I will read through this thread some more.(Star and Flag).Also do you noticed the people popping up that just joined today trying to make a very government like observation and explanation.Just thought I would point that out.The flying spheres are interesting,IO always say it is dangerous to go up to some mountains,far away from the population,anything could happen and apparently UFOs like to frequent around those areas.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I read about this on Cracked.com awhile ago. They give some pretty obvious answers of what might have happened.

That makes the missing tongue a lot easier to explain. As disturbing as it may be, the first thing a scavenging animal is going to go for is probably the soft tissue of an open mouth, especially if it still smelled like the burrito the hiker just ate. Laying out in the sun surrounded by white snow for days also accounts for the weird tan.

The trauma and the destroyed tent points to an avalanche. Their state of undress can be explained by paradoxical undressing, a known behavior of hypothermia victims when their brains start to freeze and malfunction. In other words, it's the kind of behavior you'd expect from a group of injured avalanche victims wandering around in the middle of the night in the freezing cold.

What about the radioactivity? Or stranger details that turn up in some accounts, like orange lights in the sky? Well, there's the fact that none of that stuff turns up in the original documents from the incident, and appears to have been added later by people who just can't resist making things spookier than they are.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
What about a sonic weapon? On a low setting, You could have hallucinations, either audio or visual- and on stronger settings.... well.... What if it had the capacity to obliterate certain soft tissues? Let's say she screamed, and it was aimed well enough to just disintegrate her tongue. (Ew. gross.) I think the spheres (if they are real) are actually just fancy Soviet black projects. The scrap metal? Test area. I think the bodies were left out to see if 'regular' medical and investigative techniques could be used to determine what happened. As for the radiation... This is just a theory- but isnt there a sonic frequency that when used would actually make something radioactive? I cant remember if I read it, or what... but somehow, it makes sense to me in a weird way.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
These people were obviously experienced in what they were doing, so leaving their tent barefoot or in socks in -30 temperatures had to have been some sort of "emergency."

Now, most people understand that more than say five minutes in that type of weather without adequate foot covering is going to result in frostbite and eventually death.

What could scare someone to the point of risking frostbite? What would keep them from returning to retrieve their footwear?

And why were they camping out in the open in the first place? Was something following them?

The man who was left behind, did it even mention what illness he had?

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
The whole thing makes me sick to my stomach. Our government officials SOLD OUR RACE OUT. They better pray to their draconian overlords that the world economy doesn't come unglued their is a lot of angry people waiting to get even.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

A disturbing account. I've had an UFO experience. I believe they are a host of ETs coming here. I offer the opinion that in 1959 the "collection" protocols were not well established among the aliens. We need not think they work in concert in their activities. Basically, I propose that the people were those found with injuries were abducted and later dropped to their deaths. The others more or less witnessed the abduction incident and filled with unspeakable terror, fled their tents and clothing to later die from exposure. The missing tongue of the one having other injuries would be a forerunner to animal mutulations. The radioactivity is the deciding factor; It was ETs before they learned or decided to be halfway decent to us. Cattle, they still treat that way.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
The toungue being extracted proves this incident was nothing more then a dramatic murder for dna by the greys. The toungue holds the most amount of dna. One other thing I would like to say is some would think I am jumping the gun but honestly tell me what else in this universe could have caused these type of circumstances on a snowy mountain? The radiation alone is the smoking gun. I swear if I EVER see a reticulan 1 or 2 I WILL kill it..

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   

I swear if I EVER see a reticulan 1 or 2 I WILL kill it..

I tried that once- And even with reactions that'd make a cat do a double take, he was gone before I finished my swing. It was *blip* gone. I was taking no prisoners with the swing. If there had been a person standing there, they'd have been plenty dented.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Irrational behavior is a symptom of both altitude-induced hypoxia and extreme cold. There a lot of stories floating around about these kinds of incidents in different areas of the world. That whole area is full of natural gas, it wouldn't be too hard them hitting a pocket of it and getting "stoned." That's how the Greek oracles came about.

link   
I find this to be a very interesting case and I haven't seen a rational explanation that really explains it.

The accounts I've read were all quite specific that the tent was damaged from the inside, and that's what makes it so interesting.

As bizarre as it may sound to you, I tend to think that -something- appeared inside the tent with them and attacked them.

Something like what? I don't know. Something weird, and scary, and apparently hostile. Something that made them so afraid they forgot that they would die if they left the tent inadequately dressed and without their gear or supplies.

It's a mystery.

link   
Alright, here is my shot in the dark at the events surrounding this incident:

- The tent was cut from the inside. This must have happened because the occupants were trying to avoid exit on the open side (due to fear or it being physically blocked).

- Some victims found in various states of undress. I would believe that hypothermia caused them to undress, however their clothing was still in the tent. It isn't like they were exposed to the elements and began taking their clothes off outside. The evidence seems to point to the fact that they left their tents in a rush, WITHOUT clothing.

- Victims found by the tree, with evidence of a fire started. I find it hard to believe that the victims would leave without clothing, however have the logic to take fire starting materials with them. This doesn't add up. Something else started that fire. The fire was found by the tree that some of the victims were trying to climb, possibly indicating that a weapon was shot at the tree, perhaps causing the fire? This could potentially explain the radiation.

- Victims found with massive internal injury and fractures, however lacked external signs of trauma. This type of injury sounds consistent with a blast wave. There were massive internal injuries, but the force of the blast wave leaves no external signs of trauma. This blast wave could be from a weapon or other unknown force. If this was caused by a nuclear explosion, it would also explain the high radiation levels.

It is also possible that this group of hikers got away from the force that killed the other members of their party, and were later killed caught in an avalanche. This would also potentially explain the massive injuries.

- Victim's tongue being removed. I feel like if the surviving victims were hungry and desperate, they would possibly turn to cannibalism. The tongue would seem like a logical first choice. The tongue may have been removed and eaten before the remaining victims were killed by the possible avalanche.

-

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

WOW,that is a hellish scenario........I don't even wanna think about that one.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by WTEngel

Very good explanation,it sounds possible.Either way it is certainly a mystery.I always have feared going up to the mountains in small groups at night(or day),away from a large population.Reminds me of a fish going into a barrel.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join