It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Frightening, Unsolved and Disturbing Incident of Nine Dead Skiers

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by OhZone
Were Search dogs used?
If so, they could have messed things up so other animal tracks wouldn't be noticed.
I don't know but I got the impression it wasn't too hard to find the bodies that didn't fall into the ravine by just following the tracks.

Once the people fell into the ravine however the tracks ended so that's probably why it took longer to find those folks.

A very long time ago living in the boonies in Northen Wisconsin there was a couple who would walk to town (about 3 miles from their house) and get drunk. They didn't usually do this together, so it was only one of them walking home at nite. A few times one of them was found sleeping in a snow bank, and the part about feeling warm and drowsy when freezing was mentioned.
Yes, in the study I cited a few posts up, alcohol was involved in about 3 of 4 cases of paradoxical undressing that were studied. That's really the most fascinating part of this whole case to me because I never knew about that before. It's interesting to learn new facts, especially when they are that strange as undressing while you're freezing to death.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
The only thing that doesn't make sence is the radiation part and that was simply made up, the rest of the story is cake walk.

Another fake busted, thread closed.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
[edit on 7/20/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 04:29 PM
link   
The only thing that doesn't make sence is the radiation part and that was simply made up, the rest of the story is cake walk.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackstar791

yeah, sure. you should write this few more times, than we are convinced for sure.
tell me then, why there were no tracks found but their ones.
you may tell me why Dyatlov never ran like sissy on his earlier trips too.

upd after reading below:
f this, logout.

[edit on 20-7-2010 by potential_problem]

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackstar791
Here is what happend from start to finish

1. Pack of wild animals scares them by making loud threatening noises and messing with there tents.

3. First group climbed a tree to get away from them but the pack stayed there waiting so the sissies died of hypothermia.

No animals tracks were found anywhere near the site, which is bizzarre because tracks of all the deceased were found....so you're wrong

4. Other group slipped and fell down a massive slope causing severe internal injuries and caused a avalanche that covered there sissy bodies.

No external injuries, including cuts, scratches and bruises were found on the bodies, meaning that a fall was unlikely...so again, you're wrong

Doesn't take a genius guys, part of being a consperisy theorist is knowing what real and fake.

Maybe before declaring something untrue, you should first read everything more closely

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Oz you should read what Blackstar791 said more closely, he didn't say external injuries, he said internal.

What blackstar said makes sence, you one track mind just doesn't want to believe in anything rational.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGhostOfTruth
Oz you should read what Blackstar791 said more closely, he didn't say external injuries, he said internal.

What blackstar said makes sence, you one track mind just doesn't want to believe in anything rational.

Ok, you've been here one day, so obviously you dont know the reputation I have as somewhat of skeptic when it comes to most things on ATS. You have no right to judge my way of thinking, being someone who literally joined today.

And with severe internal injuries, there is usually some kind of external sign, such as bruising which none of the bodies exhibited

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sizzle

hello there I believe the explanation for there colour was given as days of exposure to cold air , frostbite and the attempts of the mortuary technicians to cover this up due to the open casket funerals.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroGhost

"When you see it in 3D you can see an avalanche is not possible. Most avalanches occur between 20 and 50 degrees. However, the largest avalanches occur between 30 and 45 degrees, and the areas which have the greatest frequency of avalanches are between 35 and 40 degrees. This is due to the fact that this angle allows the most snow to collect at the least stable angle. This site is at the top of a gently rolling mountain. It is barely 15 a Degree slope.".....zeroghost

Ah but when you see the report it states the land immediatley above the camps angle icreased th 25 , then 35 degrees , which IS a SIGNIFICANT avalanche risk....

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

"a Russian tourism brochure for the area that warns of avalanche danger on slopes steeper than 15°. According to the police reports, the slope immediately above the campsite was at 22-23°, and 50 to 100 meters above the campsite it increased to 25-30°. That's quite steep. There was a cornice, and the snow at the campsite was 2 meters deep."

"A number of skeptics have addressed the question of radioactivity by pointing out that the mantles used in camping lanterns contain thorium, which emits alpha particle radiation, to the point that there is actually a radiation warning on the packaging. These mantles, if you're not familiar with them, are little fabric bags that serve as the wick in a burning lantern. They're quite fragile and easily turn to dust that gets everywhere, like onto the clothes of everyone in the tent,"

"At the open-casket funeral for the first five victims, relatives saw the combination of five days of winter sunburn in those days before sunscreen, and the mortician's effort to cover up frostbite and a full month of exposure to the elements, and described it as a strange orange color; though others described it simply as a deep tan, which is consistent with reasonable expectations. "

skeptoid.com...

good images here www.aquiziam.com...
"The “snowfall anomaly” refers to the fact that some of the bodies found – those returning to the camp – were buried under snow. How is it that enough snow fell to burry these bodies but tracks that were found higher up the hill were preserved in such a good condition that investigators could (allegedly) tell that at least one person had been barefoot?

Dyatlov Pass - Wind Blowing Snow Away

Apparently this is not unusual at all and is a result of snow and wind dynamics. Snow falling on the mountains at this time of year is subject to strong winds that sweep it down hill. Therefore the impressions made by people in the snow may remain largely intact at higher levels and yet be completely concealed lower down a slope. Another reason for this occurrence is that when snow is compressed by people moving across it can be compacted to a depth of 20 -30 centimetres this compacted snow forms an icy crust that is quite resistant to degradation as long as the temperatures remain well below zero. Even if new snow is deposited on these tracks it is often blown away again at a later date due to the high levels of aeration in the new falls.

The following is a quote from Dr. Vladimir B. Who has taken part in many such rescue operations:

“Once when we searched for a missing ski team in the Polar Ural Mountains there was a night when the wind blew away a layer of snow similar to the amount experienced in the Dyatlov case. We could clearly see two parallel ski-tracks had been revealed and that they went for approximate 100 metres. When we examined the tracks it was possible to actually distinguish prints from the screws which were used to attach the edgings in this old type of ski.”

How is it that the bodies found two months later were under four foot of snow in the ravine but bodies higher up the slope were only under 1 – 1 ½ feet of snow?

According to the Professor N. Volodicheva of Moscow State University, during the months of February and March this part of the region experiences significant deposits of snow which are distributed by a combination of geography and wind factors. (Described above) In general, the principle is that more snow will accumulate at lower levels and usually in drifts. In particular, ravines and gullies will fill quite swiftly. This natural distribution fully explains why Igor Dyatlov was found under a foot of snow while Zinaida Kolmagorova, who was located higher up the slope, was only found covered by only half a foot of snow. It also explains why the searchers who discovered the remaining four bodies in the ravine had to dig though four metres of snow. Time and accumulation had created a significant build-up. (2 - 3 Months) "

[edit on 20-7-2010 by gambon]

[edit on 20-7-2010 by gambon]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by gambon
Ah but when you see the report it states the land immediatley above the camps angle icreased th 25 , then 35 degrees , which IS a SIGNIFICANT avalanche risk....
Actually the source in your next post theorizes maybe it wasn't an avalanche, but a FEAR of an avalanche, which makes more sense and would explain why the campsite wasn't covered in snow from the avalanche.

However, I'm nt so sure if a MIG sounds the same as an avalanche as they claim, that seems like a bit of a stretch. But not all avalanches travel down the shallower slope angles, so it could have been an avalanche on the 35 degree slope, that stopped when the slope decreased to 25 degrees, but the noise from it spooked them to run for their lives.

Thanks for the other source, it does a lot more justice to the avalanche speculation than the cracked.com article I read that really made little sense in relation to the campsite photo.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I have been ROYALLY entertained reading this and trying to puzzle it out!

Blatantly, none of the proposed theories can be said to conclusively explain all the aspects of this case. The pro's and con's of each theory have already been pointed out.

But all these theories are based on the assumption that some bizarre event occurred at the campsite - causing the Russians to scatter in fear for their lives. Perhaps it is wrong to focus on the campsite itself, instead, the positioning of the bodies may hold the answer.

Ruling out a bizarre paranormal explanation, here is my little theory on what happened:

First of all, i am assuming that the events took place at night and/or in bad weather (a storm?) that would seriously diminish visibility.

There were nine skiers at the camp (I have got that right havent I?!). Five skiers left the camp to go out exploring or to do some other perfectly normal activity, leaving the remaining four skiers behind.

Walking in line they enter a ravine. The first four skiers are crushed and buried by an avalanche, the fifth manages to escape it but sustains a fractured skull in the incident. Confused and incoherent, he starts to stagger back to camp.

Alerted by the injured persons cries, the four people left at the campsite rush out to help, putting on only the minimum of clothes in their haste.

Running down the hillside, they find the wounded skier but cant get an answer out of him as to where the rest of the party is and what has happened to them. Two of them climb a nearby tree with lighted branches to act as a signal fire for the 4 missing people to home in on (NOT to keep themselves warm) - whilst the other two start helping the injured man back to camp.

And before they know what has happened to them, they are all overcome by the cold and die of hypothermia.

As for the disarray at the campsite, it was caused by the weather over the course of the few days it took for the rescue teams to find it.

Yeah my theory has probably got more holes in it than a Swiss cheese but so do the other ones!

It would fit the evidence a bit better though, wouldnt it?

[edit on Wed, 21 Jul 2010 12:22:28 -0500 by Silver Star]

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Im no expert on bear attacks so I just googled it, and this is what came up..

clicky

So judging by that, those guys pretty much did everything you arent supposed to do if there's a bear nearby.

posted on Jul, 21 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

no worries , agreed the fear of an avalanche in poor weather conditions , perhaps ticks the boxes ..

posted on Jul, 26 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Bluebelle

The animal attack theory has been addressed numerous times. There was no animal tracks around the site. The only prints left were from the people that were there. If an animal had been involved, then there wouldve been animal paw prints in the snow

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Interesting! I like the Wendigo theory, its so creepy! Kind of a weird question, but I wonder if they did a rape test on the women? Or checked for that kind of thing? If one or both had been raped then that would definitely point to some kind of human involvement.

posted on Jul, 31 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
[edit on 31-7-2010 by seenitall]

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I went looking , here are a couple of links to mig 21 engine noise ,first is a vid of the real thing , then a wav of the same

www.youtube.com...

free-loops.com...

I do think it is a possibility of the sound being mistaken , plus the aircraft could have been the same spooted by another team in the area as 5 orange lights...though they could easily have been chinese lanterns

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join