It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Obama Deception: Wake up people!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vyrtigo
However you want to deem it.

In actuality, it is both.

[edit on 9-4-2009 by kenjko]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
@vyrtigo

I just read up on the patriot act, perhaps you know something that i dont about it. What kind of danger does the patriot act put your average law abiding citizen in?

Don't mean to insult you, but I think you should have done a bit more reading. Here's what's wrong with the Patriot Act:

1. The government can conduct a 'sneak and peek' search of your home without a warrant, and doesn't have to notify you until later. Just a little bit disturbing when you have so much corruption in Washington.

2. The government can go look at your library record, look at what book stores you've visited, what books you've read, doctor's offices, banks, etc... And if the location they searched informs you about the search, they could face prosecution.

3. The FBI, ATF, and Secret Service can install bugs in any of your communications devices (phones, computer monitoring, pager, etc...) even when you are not suspected of a crime.

4. Federal Agents can detain and arrest anyone suspected of (sweeping term) "terrorist activities" and detain them indefinitely without charging them with a crime or providing access to an attorney.

5. Federal Agents can fully investigate anyone who engages in protest activities, or is an activist for a certain cause.

6. Federal Agents can listen to conversations between prisoners and their attorneys, voiding the right to legal counsel.

7. Anyone 'suspected' of terrorist activities can be tried by a military tribunal where there is no jury, no right to counsel, no right to see evidence against you, and no right to appeal.

8. The CIA, the United State's foreign spy agency, is permitted to use its advanced spy equipment domestically on American Citizens without warrants.

Source: mccarthyism.tribe.net...

Also See Full Text: Patriot Act: Full Text

Opinion:

It is the most horrible, Anti-American piece of garbage ever dragged through the slimy halls of congress and dumped on the citizenry. It has essentially eviscerated civil liberties.

Although, I don't think you'll have a problem if you're a tight-lipped follower who would rather obey than question. Because if you protest or criticize the government, you can legally be entered into a database and tracked, all legally because of the Patriot Act.

Heck they can even throw your name on the massive 'terrorist watch list.' As many journalists who tell the truth and criticize the government can tell you, it's pretty hard to fly anywhere when you get on this list.

The current number of people on the list is over 1 million, including many children (source: ACLU.org).

Also, please don't even bring into discussion the 'threat meter,' aka the 'propaganda ladder,' it's complete hogwash and is just used to incite fear.

[edit on 9-4-2009 by JipStix]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by JipStix
@vyrtigo

I just read up on the patriot act, perhaps you know something that i dont about it. What kind of danger does the patriot act put your average law abiding citizen in?

Don't mean to insult you, but I think you should have done a bit more reading. Here's what's wrong with the Patriot Act:

1. The government can conduct a 'sneak and peek' search of your home without a warrant, and doesn't have to notify you until later. Just a little bit disturbing when you have so much corruption in Washington.

2. The government can go look at your library record, look at what book stores you've visited, what books you've read, doctor's offices, banks, etc... And if the location they searched informs you about the search, they could face prosecution.

3. The FBI, ATF, and Secret Service can install bugs in any of your communications devices (phones, computer monitoring, pager, etc...) even when you are not suspected of a crime.

4. Federal Agents can detain and arrest anyone suspected of (sweeping term) "terrorist activities" and detain them indefinitely without charging them with a crime or providing access to an attorney.

5. Federal Agents can fully investigate anyone who engages in protest activities, or is an activist for a certain cause.

6. Federal Agents can listen to conversations between prisoners and their attorneys, voiding the right to legal counsel.

7. Anyone 'suspected' of terrorist activities can be tried by a military tribunal where there is no jury, no right to counsel, no right to see evidence against you, and no right to appeal.

8. The CIA, the United State's foreign spy agency, is permitted to use its advanced spy equipment domestically on American Citizens without warrants.

Opinion:

It is the most horrible, Anti-American piece of garbage ever dragged through the slimy halls of congress and dumped on the citizenry. It has essentially eviscerated civil liberties.

Although, I don't think you'll have a problem if you're a tight-lipped follower who would rather obey than question. Because if you protest or criticize the government, you can legally be entered into a database and tracked, all legally because of the Patriot Act.

Heck they can even throw your name on the massive 'terrorist watch list.' As many journalists who tell the truth and criticize the government can tell you, it's pretty hard to fly anywhere when you get on this list.

The current number of people on the list is over 1 million, including many children (source: ACLU.org).

Also, please don't even bring into discussion the 'threat meter,' aka the 'propaganda ladder,' it's complete hogwash and is just used to incite fear.

Thank you for posting that. People need to be enlightened as to this piece os S * * t legislation. Obama now wants to keep this bill in place, after promising he was going to repeal it.

[edit on 10-4-2009 by drummerroy39]

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Obama is no better than Bush, in fact he continues the same policies. The Paulson plan was handed off to Geitner, it's continuity of policy. However Geitner is grabbing for power, and they're doing even more to create a big totalitarian government.

Things seem stable now, but it's all due to smoke and mirrors. Banks are seemingly better when nothing has changed, only the accounting rules have changed back to pre-Enron days so they can claim their assets are worth whatever they claim they are. Housing foreclosures were delayed by 6 months, which is expiring and a pent-up wave of defaults is about to hit the banks. Layoffs and store closures mean lots of vacant commercial real estate, and will hit the banks hard.

There's not enough background for us to know Obama, we don't know his positions well enough to trust him, we don't need or want his help, and he does not support our positions.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
OBAMA, PELOSI, FRANK, DODD, GIETHNER, PAULSON, The enemies from within!

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
OK peeps. In the spirit of open mindedness I present the following video. IMO, it makes a stronger case for NWO minus the Alex Jones sensationalism, and includes all the same players but without the obvious Obama smear job.

FYI, this presents a more compelling case in just 10 minutes for the time constrained. Inasmuch as I was not a huge fan of the original video due to the unabashed bias, this one does so in less time. Hey, you all got me thinking and that is a good thing.

Enjoy:

Regards.....KK

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Well, you just always have to be able to see it from both sides. The main argument i see is that President Obama is maintaining bush's policies, and is going down his same path, he is a puppet, etc. I can see the logic in it.

But, I do not agree with it. If i will flow with your thoughts, i would say that bush set it up this way. If you are trying to put in place a new world order then you are going to have some adversaries. Perhaps President Obama is not part of the new world order. Perhaps the fake polling worked for bush and not for mccain? Maybe the people have, been fighting back?

Just give it time. I dont see any productivity in fueling paranoid hysteria.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Vyrtigo: Kool-Aid is bad for you mmm-Kay.

Kurious: Good video. Is that the "V" music? I'm sure it is. What a great touch.

It is incredible to me how anyone who sees something like that video could possibly deny the NWO and what it is trying to do.

[edit on 11-4-2009 by -Reason-]

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Wow, I can't believe what I'm seeing. Someone gets annoyed and assumes the video is 'anti-Obama' and responds to the thread accordingly, meanwhile gaining a flurry of stars behind it. Yet the documentary itself is not so much about Obama, it's more about the people who put him in power (CFR, Trilateral Commision, Bilderberg Group) and the machinations and lies and the overall NWO agenda.

People should actually watch the video in full before attempting to comment. Don't just reply because it generally gets your political hackles up. Anyone with half a brain in on this website will know there is no republican/democrat left/right paradigm - they've been playing us for fools. How do they achieve this? Easy - the CFR / Trilateral Commission / Bilderberg Group. If you watch the video, they will spell it out to you in black and white. Obama himself is an unwitting puppet, just like Bush. I really thought I wouldn't need to explain this to the good ATS folk here who are for the most part, switched on to the way the world is.

I also recommend going over to the Project Camelot website and download the recent Jim Marrs interview - he goes over the same ground, and puts everything that's been happening into America - and their true history - into an easily-digestible perspective. Excellent interview.

[edit on 11-4-2009 by RiotComing]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by RiotComing
Wow, I can't believe what I'm seeing. Someone gets annoyed and assumes the video is 'anti-Obama' and responds to the thread accordingly, meanwhile gaining a flurry of stars behind it.

I would simply like to point out the TITLE of this thread:

The Obama Deception: Wake up people!

And also add..................DUH Sherlock.

Regards.......KK

[edit on 12-4-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

It's fun watching the meat puppets dance on the concept strings of their masters.

"To Conquer, Divide. To keep conquered, keep divided."

But of course, when slaves are so afraid of true freedom they cling to their golden chains, that is the saddest sight of all.

Fear is the mindkiller, the mindbinder, the 'father of lies', the blurring of vision... It takes real courage to overcome the fears implanted in us and see Universe as it is.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Yes it's the title of a new documentary.
Yes this is a conspiracy website, so the content should be (logically-speaking) 'right up our alley'.
Yes this documentary is a wake-up call to us all.

The title 'Obama Deception' does not mean to say that 'Obama is deceiving us'. I believe the guy probably has a good heart and honestly believes he is doing what he can in the best interests of his constituents. Obama Deception is really about the people who put him in power and the system of placing puppet presidents with an underlying NWO agenda. The 'deception' is that Obama is used as a decoy, to assure the public that everything is for the best interests of the people, which he will sincerely believe. It's not really about him personally at all. Though I will say, one of the interviewees, Webster Tarpley, wrote a hard-hitting unauthorised biography of the man and his family roots. But the documentary itself doesn't go that far. Did you actually watch it?

[edit on 12-4-2009 by RiotComing]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
So what if it's "biased" or Obama-hating....
What would one want somebody to do, not watch it? He has nothing credible to say?

Can't somebody just post something, and if you disagree with their (perhaps seemingly extreme or imbalanced to some) impression of it, we tell them so without the condescending ego-tainted complaints or curt, dismissive comments (which are likely to cause resistance to or delay in considering the alternative ideas and not doing anyone who cares about people settling down on what's truth, any favors)

Yeah, I'm guilty of it, and know how exceptionally well that works.

I think Alex Jones goes off the deep end sometimes, and is sensationalist, but I still continue to learn things from his material as it comes along, often stuff I may have never discovered and researched for myself, otherwise. That's worth something to me.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   

@vyrtigo

Opinion:

proof buddy, i need proof that this is still going on.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I see the same things happening over and over again on these threads as they have with friends of mine until i challenged them.

They back obama like crazy , defend him in everything he does.

I hear the same remarks "hes trying to save the country!"

That tune changes when i challenge them to look into the bills hes passing and the things hes really doing. To actually READ and think about the policies he is implementing and the ramifications.

Then.......the tune changes.

I dont hate anyone and I loath anyone that says "stop being a racist" because i say I dont like Obama. I noticed one poster here did that exact same thing, I wont point fingers, you know who you are, and its a ridiculous statement. Just because someone doesnt like someone or doesnt share their views , does not make them a racist.

So i offer the same here, if you are truly objective, read the policies hes trying to pass, take the time, it IS your country. Dont listen to his rhetoric, make it your responsibility as a citizen to go through the documents and bills hes behind.

Deny Ignorance

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by RiotComing
reply to
The title 'Obama Deception' does not mean to say that 'Obama is deceiving us'....Obama Deception is really about the people who put him in power and the system of placing puppet presidents with an underlying NWO agenda. The 'deception' is that Obama is used as a decoy.....

Well then according to your semantics, perhaps a more apt title would be: "The Deception of Obama." But that is not what the thread nor the documentary is titled. Perhaps you are attempting to make the case that "You can't judge a book by it's cover" to which I reply "the sum of the parts are greater than the whole."

I fail to subscribe to the notion that a single person cannot bring about real change even considering the seemingly insurmountable odds. Granted the era of Camelot (Kennedy) is over but President Obama has broken all the molds and represents a formidable agent of change.

Regards.....KK

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 08:13 AM
link   
We need to ask ourselves a few questions.

1) Do our current leaders have our best interest in mind?

2) Is there the true transparency in legislation, which was promised to us?

3) Are there any principals with regard to the decision making process?

4) Can we trust our leaders to do what is right morally and ethically?

Our political climate has changed so dramatically, we are all still running just to catch up. If the answers to any one of the following questions above is NO. then it is our duty to right that which is wrong. These people are paid quite well, through our tax dollars to do what is morally and ethically sound for the people of this nation. NOT BANKS, OR BIG BUSINESS!

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by drummerroy39

@vyrtigo

Opinion:

Thank you for posting that. People need to be enlightened as to this piece os S * * t legislation. Obama now wants to keep this bill in place, after promising he was going to repeal it.

[edit on 10-4-2009 by drummerroy39]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join