It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

nazca lines gone....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
so i was sightseeing on google earth this morning and i went over to the nazca lines (been awhile sense i looked at them). Anyway so im looking and looking and they arnt there all that is there is a little box i can click and see a pic of it. i know in the older google earth versions i can just see them on the map but i cant no longer......BOOOOOO
google censorship sucks! Hmmmmm why block these out, i mean they have to go outta their way to blur it....dont they?

side note
(you can still see the big "run way" thing)

[edit on 9-4-2009 by killartofu]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by killartofu

I'm not going to check it out but I would imagine that it's not so much censorship as much as it's protecting the rights of the owners (a poor nation relying on tourism). Perhaps that's your answer.

IRM

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I have a co-worker who just came back from a two week honeymoon in Peru. I will ask him what he saw. He and his wife hiked the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu. It took about 4 exhausting days to reach it. He said it was tough to describe such an amazing place.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I read a while back that the Nazca lines were in danger of being 'erased' due to erosion and the climate. I don't know if that's true or not but the article claimed they had been fading at an alarming rate and may soon no longer be visible.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Google can erase our reality but they can't erase our history.

Looking for pics before they disappear all together.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Thats stupid,

Why the hell would they do that for? tourism? I doubt it. If you want to see the nazca lines in living color, chances are, that you have already seen them before in pictures, actually, pictures would make you want to see them even more in real life.

I think its possible they are being added to, or something along those lines that the TPTB doesnt want us "citizens" to see, or know about. Not because they think we will panic, but because they just have absolutely no respect for us at all.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Google has to pay large amounts of money for satellite and aircraft images, I am sure they would purchase the high resolution images if there was enough interest in them.

What one should do is email google maps and let them know you would be interested in the Nasca lines.

If enough people are interested I am sure they would see that they would be worth the couple thousand dollars it would cost to buy the photos and post them on their google earth server.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Whatdo you mean? I have latest version and can see it. With center of lines, lines themself and such. Maybe there was connetion problem?

top topics

join