It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man stabbed for farting!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   

WACO, Texas - A man was stabbed after causing a stink — literally — in a motel room while eating with a friend, police said.

Five men from the Houston area were sharing a Waco motel room Tuesday night, and two were inside the room eating when one had a flatulence problem, Waco police Officer Steve Anderson said. One man was so upset about the gas that he threw a large knife at him, cutting his leg, and then stabbed him in the chest, Anderson said.

The 35-year-old man was transported to a Waco hospital, where he was treated for what appeared to be non-life threatening injuries, Anderson said.

Jose Braule Ramirez, 33, of Houston, was charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, police said. He was arraigned Wednesday and was being held in the McLennan County Jail on $15,000 bond and placed on an immigration hold, according to jail records. He cannot be released, even if he posts bond, until authorities verify he is in the country legally.

A jail spokeswoman who declined to give her name said she was not allowed to release information on whether Ramirez had an attorney.

Source: www.msnbc.msn.com...

Added 'ex' tags for external material

Mod Edit: New External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

Where is the world going to if a person can't even fart and be left at peace?

[edit on 9/4/09 by masqua]

[edit on 4/9/2009 by Melyanna Tengwesta]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Wow, something is really not right in the world!

I thought any time you put 5 men and a meal into a hotel room barking spiders were inevitable?

That guy who went Benihana must have missed out on those male bonding moments as a teenager.

Bummer.

peace

[edit on 9-4-2009 by silo13]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
If I'm going to get stabbed for anything , then it'll be for this. Even my dogs give me a funny look when my "spider barks" (one of my all time favourite euphansims btw
)

Farting whilst people are eating is a little rude though. But farts are, and will always be, well funny.

edit to add- this should be in "breaking news" :lol;

(sorry, I;ll get my coat)

[edit on 9/4/2009 by Acidtastic]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
No mention of how much cheap beer was consumed prior to the stabbing. A large quantity of Little Kings was always known cause certain issues in me and my friends. Note to the knife wielder: Next time it gets that bad, light a match.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Thank you for a great laugh.

The guy who got stabbed, should go to heaven(if there is such a thing) IMHO.

The guy who did the stabbing, needs to learn to let go and fart more!!!!

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I once had a friend who could not drink milk nor any milk product because it gave him the most awful eye watering, foul-tasting flatulence in the world. A match would have probably caused an explosion. On numerous occasions i reasoned with him about these rancid exhaust functions, i used mace on him on three occasions in the front seat of our police cruiser, the mace was an improvement over his noxious aroma. He thought it funny when i promised to shoot him the next time he farted in the car, i'm pretty sure i meant it too. This man was my best friend, my next door neighbor, my partner....I was the "best man" at his wedding, but his farts outweighed all these considerations. Eventually i moved, got another job, quit doing weddings and i no longer have a "best friend". To be perfectly honest, it was worth it not to have to endure another of his "killer farts".

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
To stab a man for farting in unforgivable. Had it been a female queefing however... then i could understand the stabbing. That would have been disgusting.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I can't imagine anyone stabbing another for farting. Ever. It's a natural process of the body, it's something we all do. Yes, ladies, we know you fart, get over it. Sure, it might smell, believe me, I've smelled some nasty farts, but that does not justify a stabbing. At most, a punch on the shoulder and being kicked outside for a bit will suffice.

Maybe I'm just weird though. What has this world come too?

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I think this is covered under the make my day laws in Texas!

It's ironic that with all the insults people suffer on a day to day basis that this gentleman picked farting as his trigger.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
This is strange.

And here I have been giving my child noting but praise and encouragement for epic farts.

My entire worldview is falling apart.

(haha, fart thread!!)

[edit on 30-6-2009 by brokenheadphonez]

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Daniem

Uh, queefs are actually pretty funny too, dude..
Well, a properly timed one anyways.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
People are ON THE EDGE!

I would recommend being very careful these days.. Especially if the recession does not ease..

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Melyanna Tengwesta

Yeah was a pretty funny story to read, I think they just must've hated this guy. This is kind of old news though read about it I think a week ago.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
They were eating, ..... farting is one thing, .... but farting on someone's mashed potatoes is another ...... I can only imagine what was going on ..... " hey Jose do you want some pepper on those tots " ????

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
OMG! What kind of world is it if a man can't have a toot!!!

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
And people used to laugh at the tem "silent but deadly".

I heard some "silent but deadlys" can do alot of damage. Like being tazered by four cops and hit with pepper spay simultaneously.

This could be a case of self defense.

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Melyanna Tengwesta

I have given you a star and will be sending you the cleaning bill for my coffee which is currently running down my monitor

I mean come on! At least he didn't try and light it whilst his friend was eating!

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by IntastellaBurst
They were eating, ..... farting is one thing, .... but farting on someone's mashed potatoes is another ......

Depends on wether he asked for gravy or not?

I guess it will all come out in court (no pun intended), we'll have to wait and see what is released(no pun intended) to the press.

I don't smell(no pun intended) anything suspicious about this case. I am sure the police will get to the bottom of this.(no pun intended)

posted on Jun, 30 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   
i hope this guy doesn't meet my dog. flatulence is his forte. imagine what would have happened if the victim forgot to flush the john. after stabbing a friend of mine like that i would have pooped in his shoes just to see what he would do.

posted on Jul, 1 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   
About 15 years ago (when I was younger and more reasonable) I had a co worker who enjoyed sneaking up behind me and farting when I was eating lunch at my desk. I was doing a busy, high stress job that only allowed me to take a few minutes for lunch so these shenannigans were met with little humor.
After he had tried this trick nearly every day for two weeks, I told him that I would break his nose if he did it again. He laughed it off and didn't bother me for a few days.
On the third day he snuck up behind me and did the same thing.

I politely asked him outside and explained that I was going to break his nose. He didn't take me seriously and walked outside. He held his arms out and closed his eyes and said "Go ahead."

With one punch I broke his nose and blackened both eyes. Then I got him picked up and got an ice bag for his nose and walked him back to his desk. He was shocked that I would do such a thing.

He kept asking "Why?"

A grown man who farted in peoples faces - repeatedly -when they ate lunch, didn't understand why it would bother them. He also ignored an implicit promise that his next time would recieve a physical response.

The biggest problem is that many people now have his attitude. It has gotten more and more prevalent in recent years especially with the growing idea that there is no such thing as right and wrong and "everything is relative."

People have no respect or courtesy for their fellow man or woman. They do what they want regardless of others and act suprised and dumbfounded when somebody who has been desperately ignoring or tolerating their crap finally gets fed up and retaliates.

After they antagonize another to the point of violence then they suddenly become poor innocent unwitting victims.

It just might have been the last straw for the stabber. He's lucky the guy didn't have a gun.

Maybe we should call these situations "Rude Rage"

[edit on 1-7-2009 by badgerprints]

top topics

join