It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Political Correctness Gone Stark Raving Mad!

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Hello all,


Pop group Pet Shop Boys have revealed they have turned down a request by animal rights group Peta to rename themselves the Rescue Shelter Boys.


Link: news.bbc.co.uk...

I honestly cannot believe my eyes! Peta has wrote to and asked the Pet Shop Boys to change their name because of the cruelty that occurs within the pet trade?

How on earth are the two connected?!? It's just a name of a band for God's sake!

Do they really believe that by changing their name to the Rescue Shop Boys it would "encourage your millions of fans to consider giving a home to an abandoned or unwanted animal from an animal shelter" ?

Maybe 'Madness' should have changed their name to 'Sane' due to the fact that there are people out there who have mental health problems?

Absolutely ridiculous!


[edit on 9/4/09 by Death_Kron]




posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I... agree.

PETA is like many other "non-profit" organizations. Why spend the energy on something so stupid and pointless? Spend some energy on something worthwhile!

IMHO, PETA is just another "dog" controlled by someone else to do... well.. whatever that someone else needs at the moment.

If PETA really cared they would buy some land and buy some food and adopt a LOT of pets.

...I digress.

Humans have made it so that dogs/cats/hamsters? NEED us. Adopt the "small ones," as they would not be able to fend for themselves if humans weren't around. See? I used energy to say that, and it at least made a little common sense.

EDIT: Oh, and I actually am "mad."

[edit on 9-4-2009 by dragonking76]



posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Death_Kron
Hello all,


Pop group Pet Shop Boys have revealed they have turned down a request by animal rights group Peta to rename themselves the Rescue Shelter Boys.


Link: news.bbc.co.uk...

I honestly cannot believe my eyes! Peta has wrote to and asked the Pet Shop Boys to change their name because of the cruelty that occurs within the pet trade?

How on earth are the two connected?!? It's just a name of a band for God's sake!

Do they really believe that by changing their name to the Rescue Shop Boys it would "encourage your millions of fans to consider giving a home to an abandoned or unwanted animal from an animal shelter" ?

Maybe 'Madness' should have changed their name to 'Sane' due to the fact that there are people out there who have mental health problems?

Absolutely ridiculous!


[edit on 9/4/09 by Death_Kron]


How can people take groups seriously when things such as this start appearing.

Take That = Take Care

Simply Red = Simply Animals

Limp Bizkit = Dog Bizkit

Can you imagine a world where groups like this actually won their ways 100%.

Funny at first but frighteningly close to being reality.

If they wanted to help animals surely there are much better ways than asking people to rename things!!??

It wont surprise me when a debate arises about changing the green and red man on traffic lights occurs as it is borderline racist.

What is going on these days, I shake my head.

Edit: After a little bit or reflection on trying to understand their point here. I can see the logic used here "Pet Shop Boys" to "Pet Shelter Boys". I think this is more of a consumer message about the way people view animals as items rather than animals that need cared for if that makes sense. While I agree with the message it is still not the best way forward, wasted energy and time.

[edit on 9-4-2009 by XXXN3O]



posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I like PETA. Sometimes some good looking women take off their clothes protesting animal cruelty.


Edited to make more than one line

[edit on 9-4-2009 by kyred]



posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
SO are we expecting more groups and individuals and maybe businesses to change their names to fit the profile of 'animal lover' and be animal friendly?

The BBC = The BeeBeeC?
Natwest Bank = Gnatwest Bank?
Fox Network = Fox Network?
LL Cooljay = LL bluejay?
Michael Jackson = Michael Jackal?
Geaorge W Bush = George W Bushbaby?
The Housemartins = The Housemartins?
Queen = QueenBee?
Lady GaGa = Lady BaaBaa?
Robbie Williams = Robbie Wallaby?

Britney Spears = Dog?

Sorry but I think that these people at PETA have got FAR TOO MUCH spare time on their hands if they think people will listen to nonsense like this.

[edit on 9/4/09 by DataWraith]



posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Wow all this publicity for a single letter, looks like they achieved what they set out to do although I don't really agree with PETA, I think they are bunch of money hungry frauds.



posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Yep the thread title is true, who cares about a name of a band. The last thing people should be worried about in there lifes.

Stark raving mad or what, and i doubt thats the worst pc, that society has to offer.



posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by DataWraith
Britney Spears = Dog?
[edit on 9/4/09 by DataWraith]


That's just wrong. I've grown over the past few years to actually respect this woman. ...and I usually have difficulty respecting women...

....I hate some aspects of media, so much!!!!



posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonking76

Originally posted by DataWraith
Britney Spears = Dog?
[edit on 9/4/09 by DataWraith]


That's just wrong. I've grown over the past few years to actually respect this woman. ...and I usually have difficulty respecting women...

....I hate some aspects of media, so much!!!!


Hows about if I make that Madonna or anyone else you dislike? What about Hillary Clinton, would that make it better for you?




posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033
 


"Who cares about the name of a band?"

Obviously someone cares about it very strongly. So strongly in fact that they even went to the length's of requesting it be changed...



posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by DataWraith
 


Hmmm.. Madonna uses her money to raise less fortunate children.. NO

Hilary Clinton... still married after the fiasco.... NO

Wow, trying to think of a woman I don't like... "slut" is such a subjective word.

Hannah Montanna ... don't know her yet, so sure, go for it.

...and Paris Hilton, (think) I don't like her, so that's a good choice too.



posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Madonna doesn't use her money to 'help' less fortunate children , she uses it to buy children so she can be in the papers.

Hannah Montana? never heard of her.
Paris Hilton = I'm ok with calling her a dog, mind you thats insulting our canine friends isn't it?


[edit on 9/4/09 by DataWraith]



posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by DataWraith
Madonna doesn't use her money to 'help' less fortunate children , she uses it to buy children so she can be in the papers.


For some reason I think she's WAY past the "papers."



Paris Hilton = I'm ok with calling her a dog, mind you thats insulting our canine friends isn't it?

[edit on 9/4/09 by DataWraith]





posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron
 


Typical PETA garbage. They do nothing to actually help animals.



new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join