It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eric Holder: Second Amendment will not “stand in the way”

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Pelosi’s revelation came during an interview on ABC’s Good Morning, America. While insisting that Congress “never denied” the gun rights of American Citizens, Pelosi told Roberts, “We want them registered. We don’t want them crossing state lines” Gottlieb noted that citizens’ rights do not stop at state lines.

“But that doesn’t really matter,” he observed. “History has shown that around the world, registration has always led to confiscation.”

In Mexico, according to the Wall Street Journal, Holder was asked if the administration might encounter constitutional issues as it tries to crack down on alleged gun trafficking. His response: “I don’t think our Second Amendment will stand in the way of efforts we have begun and will expand upon.”

“They imposed registration of semi-autos in Pelosi’s California and it led to a ban, but it certainly didn’t disarm criminals, like the convicted felon who killed four Oakland police officers last month. We know from Holder that the Obama administration wants to renew the nationwide ban on such firearms, but that won’t prevent crime, either.

www.saf.org...

Very comforting to know that pesky Bill of Rights wont stand between me and safety. Well, perceived and pretend safety anyway. Oh, those arent good words. Perhaps declared safety is a better word?

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   
No surprise there been expecting such statements from this administration.

Come and take them..

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkStormCrow

Sad thing is, the Obama worshipers will think it's a great idea and the police are so corrupt and backward they'll see the disarmed citizen as 'more manageable.' We will soon be a nation of cowards, weaklings, and brainwashed morons.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Can you provide a link to a news story regarding this statement?

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Posted this in another thread and feel that it will fit perfect here as well.

I believe the anti-gun people or those against the people right to bear arms are just overhyping the issue.

Incidents involving a firearm represented 9% of the 4.7 million violent crimes of rape and sexual assault, robbery, and aggravated and simple assault in 2005.

www.ojp.gov...

I find this quote pretty telling. 91% of the 4.7 million violent crimes INVOLVED NO FIREARM.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by elston

Can you provide a link to a news story regarding this statement?

www.breitbart.com...

From the Wall Street Journal:

Asked whether gun rights under the U.S. Constitution complicated the effort, Mr. Holder said, "I don't think our Second Amendment will stand in the way of the efforts we have begun and will expand upon."

online.wsj.com...

Here's a complimentary transcript and video of a different discussion regarding an AWB

Atty. Gen'l Eric Holder, fresh from a visit to Mexico -- whose escalating drug war has spilled into the United States as well -- had said during his Senate confirmation hearing that he supports reinstatement of the assault weapons ban. But "he's been silent on the subject since,'' CBS News notes.

"Did someone tell you to back off?'' Evening News anchor Katie Couric asks the attorney general, in the second part of her interview of Holder airing this evening.

"No one's told me to back off,'' replies Holder, who goes on to make several more guarded statements on the subject. "I understand the Second Amendment. I respect the Second Amendment.''

www.swamppolitics.com...

[edit on 9-4-2009 by thisguyrighthere]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I will never re-register or surrender any of my firearms. That's the line in the sand. The government already knows about the guns I have purchased. If they want to put together a database using the information gathered during the purchases, that's fine. If anyone ever shows up at my door looking for my guns- they won't find them, or me, there. By that point, I'll already be fighting.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by traderjack
We will soon be a nation of cowards, weaklings, and brainwashed morons.

We, in the collective sense, already are. It is only the few who have not reached that level of "cowering down".

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
They should come and get 'em. First I will surrender all of my ammunition - one carefully placed round at a time. Then, if they are lucky enough, they can peel then from cold, dead hands!

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Come and get em!

I'm sick of this crap.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Its very hard to defend yourself your family or your countrymen when you have surrendered your guns, and are facing an armed enemy…especially when your opposition is carrying automatic rifles and sub-machine guns. The difference between resistance and submission depends very largely on who has possession of the arms.

If you want to get further riled up take a read of this article in the New York Times...

www.nytimes.com...

At the same time, the unrelenting meme being pushed by the right that Obama will mount an assault on the Second Amendment has helped fuel the panic buying of firearms. According to the F.B.I., there have been 1.2 million more requests for background checks of potential gun buyers from November to February than there were in the same four months last year. That’s 5.5 million requests altogether over that period; more than the number of people living in Bachmann’s Minnesota.

For you viewing pleasure (or rather displeasure) here is a little taste of how this is all being set up...and "framed" in the media...talking heads on hardball...Op ed columnist Charles Blow refers any thought about gun control rights to an "echo chamber" and says that whatever is happening in that chamber is "very dangerous". He frames the nutcase immigration shooting with that phrase! Then Blow goes on to say that if "people want to ramble on" and that is the way that they want to use the platform they have, that is "irresponsible" ???

[edit on 9-4-2009 by burntheships]

new topics

top topics

join