It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IF the N. Korea explosion was Al Qaeda

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Doubtful, but perhaps they're just as much against the reds as mccarthy was. After all, Russia attempted a takeover of Afghanistan, so wouldn't Al Qaeda perhaps have a vendetta against commies as well? They tried making amends with Europe, who know what kind of crazy stuff they're interested in pulling off...

[Edited on 4-22-04 by Carvador]

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I seriously doubt it. Al Queda wants Europe dead, too, but they were willing to call for peace. N. Korea isn't bothering them, so they'll wait to bother N. Korea.

EDIT: Got the story backwards

[Edited on 4-22-2004 by junglejake]

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I highly doubt it. I cannot see the benefits of an Al-Qaeda attack on North Korea. North Korea and Al-Qaeda could actually be on the same side, they both hate the U.S and the Bush Administration.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carvador
It would make sense, perhaps they're just as much against the reds as mccarthy was. After all, we all know that Russia attempted a takeover of Afghanistan, so wouldn't Al Qaeda perhaps have a vendetta against commies as well? They tried making amends with Europe, who know what kind of crazy stuff they're interested in pulling off...

right...i doubt it, how would you suppose they got across their border?

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   
just trying to start a discussion questioning if it was an accident or not. what i think, though, is that it was most probably an accident. however, without proper information coming out of the country, they can twist the truth anyway they would like. basically, if they want war, they can get it. they could just call it an attack from any country they feel like going against.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carvador
just trying to start a discussion questioning if it was an accident or not. what i think, though, is that it was most probably an accident. however, without proper information coming out of the country, they can twist the truth anyway they would like. basically, if they want war, they can get it. they could just call it an attack from any country they feel like going against.

I think it was an accident too.

Anyways..getting back to your original scenario. What do you think N.Korea would do if Al-Qaeda did do it?

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I suppose if any terrorists attempted to cause an explosion at the train station, it would be a suicide job. It also sounds as if it would be a more discreet operation, and if Al-Qaeda could have gotten into the country in the first place, I don't think N.Korea would ever find out once they're dead, unless Bin Laden makes a statement or anything like that. Imagine N.Korea troops storming caves in Afghanistan...

And who knows? How would they react towards us? What would the relationship between our two countries become if we are threatened by a single foe?

top topics

join