It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden says Netanyahu will be 'ill advised' to attack Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Biden says Netanyahu will be 'ill advised' to attack Iran

www.tehrantimes.com

Vice President Joe Biden issued a high-level admonishment to Israel’s new government Tuesday that it would be “ill advised” to launch a military strike against Iran.

Biden said in a CNN interview that he does not believe newly installed Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu would take such a step. Even so, his comment underscored a gap between the conservative new Israeli government and the Obama White House on a series of questions, including the Israeli-Palestinian peace process and Iran.

With his brief comment Tuesday, Biden became the highest-ranking administration official to caution the Israeli regime against a military strike. In the interview, Biden was asked whether he was concerned that Netanyahu might strike Iranian nuclear facilities.

“I don’t believe Prime Minister Netanyahu would do that. I think he would be ill advised to do that,” Biden said.

Iran has repeatedly said that any attack by Israel will be followed by an “unimaginable” response.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Wow! I'm not sure what to say about this one, except good luck Israel.

Here's more;

Analysts believe that Israel does not dare to test Iran’s military power.

Many top officials in the Obama administration have said they believe the costs of a U.S. attack on Iran would outweigh any benefits, and they are considered less likely to favor military action than the Bush administration.

One hint of the Obama administration’s intentions may lie in its choice of top experts.

Richard C. Holbrooke, the administration’s representative to Afghanistan and Pakistan, has hired longtime Iran expert Vali Nasr. Dennis Ross, senior administration advisor for Southwest Asia, has hired Ray Takeyh, another veteran Iran expert.

Both Nasr and Takeyh have advocated diplomatic engagement with Tehran.

////////////////
My personal opinion
I don't think this new US administration cares for anyone except themselves and their ultimate goal, what-ever that may be.
Why? I don't know. For profit? Power? fill in the blank ______
I think you, I, America, Israel and everyone that reads my post all being set up for somthing.

www.tehrantimes.com

[edit on 9-4-2009 by aboxoftrix]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by aboxoftrix

I think this administration hates America and Israel, and all of us are being thrown under the bus. Why? I don't know.

Nice article, but how exactly did you come to this conclusion? How does advocating diplomacy = hating America and Israel?

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by aboxoftrix
////////////////
My personal opinion
I don't think this new US administration cares for anyone except themselves and their ultimate goal, what-ever that may be.
Why? I don't know. For profit? Power? fill in the blank ______
I think you, I, America, Israel and everyone that reads my post all being set up for somthing.

www.tehrantimes.com

[edit on 9-4-2009 by aboxoftrix]

Glad to see you replaced your originally posted opinion with one that's much more vague and paranoid.

Here's the blank filled in for you....

Obama doesn't want world war three erupting in the Middle East.

Shocking

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
We all know, Biden makes virtually no decisions, and his comments like the ones before this, are, well to take no notice of.

I believe Israel should heed the warning though, nothing good can come from it, a resolution would be nice, but obviously thats never going to happen.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by aboxoftrix

I don't think this new US administration cares for anyone except themselves

Israel is NOT the 51st State of America. Let's be very clear about that.

As much as some people, such as the Jewish Lobby in Congress, would love to believe that is true, America has little tangible benefits from supporting Israel the way it does currently.

Friends are one thing, what the US and Israel have is a PARASITIC relationship.
Israel is the leech, America is the fat hog being slowly drained.

Since when does the US give any of it's other Allies $6.4 billion dollars in "aid" per year?

The amount of money the US has poured into that ghastly region since the 1970's, could have funded an outerspace colony on Mars to escape from this god-forsaken planet.

Israel is sucking the US into a blackhole slowly but surely and the American government are too blind to see they're being dragged down by their so-called "friends" because of the Jewish Lobby in the US Congress.

American interests and Israeli interests conflict on so many levels, why should America sacrifice it's own national security to help Israel?

By supporting Israel, America paints a big, bright bullseye on it's ass for every Islamic Fundamentalist in the world to use as an excuse to attack the US. That's why US troops are dying everyday in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Not because they "hate our freedoms" but because the enemy of our "friend", if you could Israel that, is now our enemy by proxy.

And what does Israel do for us?
Apart from grant free citizenship to American Jews and give us cheap falafel maybe.
When are they ever going to show the slightest bit of gratitude, let alone repay who know's how many untold trillions of dollars in "aid" and military toys?

America didn't create Israel, it didn't bring it on to it's feet, and it didn't start funding it until recently.

It's not Americas responsibility. Israel is the biggest "blowback" suffered in American Foreign Policy since funding the Taliban against the Soviets, Saddam Hussein against Iran and the Contras in Nicaragua.

[edit on 9/4/09 by The Godfather of Conspira]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Sorry but I'm going to support aboxoftrix's view on the matter as I too think that the American administration hates the American people, if you don't like those comments then I suggest you go back to drinking your koolaid and your drinking your fluoridated water, and your aspartme laced foodstuffs. Oh and don't forget to get your mercury filled vaccines for illnesses which are made up, and trust everything your Government tells you as fact.

There won't be a war ( yet ) with Iran as the American military is too stretched fighting other losing wars so it will need to finish one of them first to go and fight Iran, I thought Obama was coming out of Iraq at teh end of last month,?.
Maybe this month or next they can start incursions into Iran eh?

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Hey Great article.
And thanks for posting this.

Where are they going with this?
I mean on the one hand. I believe that America has a long term plan for the middle east. And whatever it is. It is set in Stone.

I don't buy the 180 degree change in policy from the Bush administration to the Obama administration.

When I let my mind wonder. I imagine this scenario.
A nuke attack by Iran. Where? who knows where.
Then Obama gets to be the righteous man. Holding out the hand of peace. And then attacked by Evil Iran.

I think people would really get behind that.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
if Israel attacks Iran

Welcome to the end of the world...

Nuff said

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
We all know, Biden makes virtually no decisions, and his comments like the ones before this, are, well to take no notice of.

Biden annoys me.

He sometimes says some really off-the-wall nonsense that even had the president claiming to not know what Biden was on about.

Biden almost seems to be an undermining counter-productive VP that speaks before he thinks.

He should stay in the shadows.

- Lee

new topics

top topics

join