It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Electricity and death

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I'm thinking that our skin acts a an insulator to a sudden discharge of our energy. (in terms of electrial energy) Bury your hand in the earth and in time it will die. Yet another transfer of energy has taken place. Energy along with matter is everywhere.

dlb

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
nightrun, see my crazy theory on where the electrcity goes...

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

I believe it might be possible for scientists to harness this energy, who knows?

I do like your question though. Since we know 'nothing' really goes away...where would such energy go?

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

Yeah, putting all that together wil make the ol' head hurt. It gives a whole new prospective on the 'Spirital Being' from the scientific end.

When you accept that everything from the dirt and rocks to the air that we breath and the vacuum in space is energy as we are, the next question would be how and where does our energy go and does it stay together or spread throughout the universe. I have an idea but it's one of those word-less thoughts.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
i dont see how there is any afterlife. i asked the same questions you did. The energy in your brain is just that... it is empty of emotion and understanding without memories. When you put it in that respect an aspect of reincarnation is real.

Hopefully someday we will have a chance to ask somone outside of our planet their veiw on the topic.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Energy cannot be created nor destroyed, only converted from one state to the next. Like kinetic energy from your car is turned into heat energy through friction, slowing your car and heating your disk pads which are designed to disipate heat quickly. That's energy conversion. It's easy to explain where it goes. It goes several places...your electrical energy would go mostly into the Earth...but the real question is...which I tried to ask before...if it can not be created...where did it all from in first place? What is energy? How can you really say energy that was once in you is now somewhere else in the universe? How do you determine that it's the same energy when energy might be something that you could could obtain an infinitely small amount of...when there may not be any natuarally measurable "units" involved...just energy...hope that makes sense...

[edit on 12/4/09 by CHA0S]

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I found the idea of electricity leaving the body very interesting as I experienced this. When my mother died, I was standing right next to her. My husband and daughter were with me. At her very last breath I felt electricty hit me and it even knocked me to the floor.. I stood up and told my husband that I felt her leave her body and it hit me in the chest. I described it as the feeling of an electrical ball hitting me, zipping through my body and then exsiting.

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
hey, just watched videos from another thread and this part 10 of Drunvalo Melchizedek's lecture describes how electricity and water can 'create' life.

www.youtube.com...

interesting

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Chaos, when you touch the ground your electricity/energy does not dissipate into the Earth because you and the Earth have the same polarity.
This is a simplified explanation. Actually everything is both polarities or they just would not exist.

When you all talk about this electricity you are forgetting that is is made up of a negative and a positive polaroity.

And this "electricity" exists with that mind/spirt/soul after it has left the body. Ask anyone who has experienced a visit from one who has departed this level/freguency, and they will telll you that there was a very definite tingeling in the air - almost enough to make the hair on your arms stand up.

Don't get carried away with complicated definitions of mind, spirit, soul.
They are one and the same. This is the energy that is "YOU".

posted on Apr, 12 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
cancel any thoughts I had on Drunvalo Melchizede earlier...after seeing his ENTIRE video 1-24 and his guests that can 'read pictures' I can see he is a fraud..don't waste your time on him or anything he says.

www.youtube.com...

there is another thread about this guy, but I can't find it now. His 'Picture reading' guest was an entire obvious fraud. You can tell she is not only fed information but her 'kleenex over the eyes crap' is too much. If you watch the entire vid, if her eyes were actually covered by any object at all through the entire hmmm 34ish minutes then how is it that at the end she takes them off at the end and had no re-action to the light, folds up her white blindfold and gets up and walks off stage not disoriented at all? Not to mention when she is blindfolded, she is quite flustered and moving her mic around ... why have all that drama to be blindfolded, yet none taking it off? a sound check perhaps?

If I ever see the name Drunvalo Melchizede in any 'enlightenment' circles , I will know never to waste time on him again.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Here's another interesting thought for you guys, i just came up with at work..

I had this vivid dream last night that left me distant half the day. One of those dreams so real you were sure it was real.
What I find interesting is how much electricity it takes to run games and videos on a computer, then compare that to how much electricity your brain runs off and then compare the capabilities.

The human brain is truly amazing

It's just amazing you can see someone for the first time and then simulate them in mind and make them do things.
thanks for reading ha

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   
The brain is the computer which runs the human body; the mind is the soul’s computer, it is connected to the human body and it runs the brain, as well as storing the memories. The mind is not 3rd dimensional and exists outside of the body in another dimension. Humans also have a higher mind attached directly to the soul, and to the human heart. This is where you get flashes of inspiration from, and that intuition tells you that something is the right course of action, even when your lower mind and brain think the opposite. This is also responsible for the accounts from post operative heart transplant patients, where they have changed many of their personal preferences, after the new organ is installed.

In our lives there are many invisible realities which seem to run counter to the popular view, but over the millennia humanity has deliberately been cut off from these realities, in order to bring us a sense of hopelessness and to enslave us to the material economy, which is controlled by a small group of dark energy people from a handful of families.

We know many of the things around us, because we can see, hear and smell them, but in order to detect some of them like un-fragranced gasses or radio and TV signals, we have to build instruments which are sensitive to these invisibles. 3rd dimensional atomic structures are denser than those in higher dimensions, and we can only see things which vibrate within our own frequency band; although some animals have a wider band than us.

After death, our body and brain remain 3rd dimensional, and decay back to the elements from which they were constructed, but our mind and soul still exist in a higher frequency dimension. In that place they are as concrete as our former material body was in the 3rd dimension. We have one soul/higher mind complex, and many different material incarnations with different bodies and names; male and female; black, white and yellow; rich and poor; moral and immoral. The experience gained in each material life becomes the soul growth which enables the soul/mind complex to grow spiritually, until the requirement for reincarnation ends.

This explanation is a small snapshot of a fraction of a very large picture, much of which exists in the public domain, and is freely available to study for those people with truly open minds.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Tallsorts

Okay 'Tallsorts', interesting concept. You tie things together nicely but I have another question/thought for you or anyone else-

The soul or self energy; Is it created? or has it always existed.

If it's created, then we are nothing but a recipe to make a cake. So when we die, we would become nothing more than the ingredients needed to make the cake. If that's the case, who's the cook?

If the soul/self energy has always existed; Where is the warehouse that keeps the stock of these beings? What I mean is , let's say 10,000 yrs ago we had, say, 1 billion souls/energies on this world. Today we have what, 25 billion? Where were the other 24 billion 10,000 yrs ago?

This has always nagged me. I would love to hear what your thoughts or anybodies elses are on this.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by geo1066

Okay 'Tallsorts', interesting concept. You tie things together nicely but I have another question/thought for you or anyone else-

The soul or self energy; Is it created? or has it always existed.

If it's created, then we are nothing but a recipe to make a cake. So when we die, we would become nothing more than the ingredients needed to make the cake. If that's the case, who's the cook?

If the soul/self energy has always existed; Where is the warehouse that keeps the stock of these beings? What I mean is , let's say 10,000 yrs ago we had, say, 1 billion souls/energies on this world. Today we have what, 25 billion? Where were the other 24 billion 10,000 yrs ago?

This has always nagged me. I would love to hear what your thoughts or anybodies elses are on this.

First of all, let me talk about Creation. There is Prime Creator, who created multiple Super Universes in the Great Void, using portions of his own being. He made Creator Gods using his own energy, and each Creator God created numerous universes in each Super Universe, using pieces of their own being. Each universe was also given its own Creater God, who created everything within that universe, including planets and beings, containing portions of his own energy. (I use the term he for brevity, but these energies are not male or female in our understanding of these terms).

We are taught that our Universe is infinite, and that several billion miles will take spacecraft a vast time to travel. The concept of there being numerous universes in our Super Universe, is mind boggling, as is there being numerous Super Universes. Our 3rd dimensional understanding of space, time and distance cannot easily change and grasp such concepts.

Who created Prime Creator and the Great Void? I honestly don’t know, and it has taken me a lifetime to get this far. But, I do know that every living thing has a piece of our Creator God within us. Our soul/spirit –higher mind complex has been created, and so has everyone else’s. It isn’t an accident, nor can all parts of Creation be left alone, as it has to be managed and maintained. Each Creator God has a vast team of personnel going about these tasks. Just look at what mankind has done to our single tiny planet in this great vastness; I mean immediately after World War 2, the planet was very nearly dead.

Most beings in our universe are multi-dimensional galactic beings in ‘oneness’, this means that their soul/higer mind complex is with their body, but in an experiment a very long time ago, humanity destined for planet Earth was put into a state of ‘duality’. That means their soul/mind complex was in one dimension, and their material body in another, on a dense 3rd dimensional planet called Earth.

There is a place, let us call it The Spirit World; Heaven; or Nirvana, which vibrates at higher levels than our material bodies do. This is where our soul/mind complex resides, with an invisible (to us) link to our current material body in the 3rd dimension. One soul/mind complex has many different material lifetimes; and every lifetime is a learning curve, from which the spiritual growth and experience is stored within the soul/mind complex. (I am currently in my 34th Human Incarnation)

In the near future, there is the potential for humans to become ‘oneness’ again, with soul/mind complex contained in our bodies, and these will last for a great deal longer than the 70 odd years of our current ones. We are Gods in the making and we have divinity within us, in that little piece of our Creator God inside. Our Creator God loves us unconditionally; every plant, every animal and every human.

Now, when walking down the High Street on a Saturday Night, when the nightclubs are chucking out, it may seem that some people are rather less than divine, as they fight and crawl along the gutter. It’s just that they haven’t had a good dig around inside yet to find that spark, but one day in one lifetime they will, then they will have stepped onto the ladder back to where they have a right to be, by their own latent divinity.

It’s both very complex and very simple at the same time.

I hope this answers your question, and my understanding of the process has taken me a very long time acquire, but it’s all out there in the public domain, just awaiting discovery by any individual with an open mind.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Trying to keep an open mind reading your posts there ..
Yeah overall it sounds great but I just can't see how you could acquire any of this knowledge at all. Nobody knows what's on the other side, there just no way of knowing anything about before and after life unless you look into the bible and god theories which are all things created on earth by living people that like us, had no way of knowing before and after life.

I like to think there are other dimensions, higher planes, etc. But until they fire up that Particle Collider we won't know for sure if there are dimensions, it's all just theory at the moment.

As for souls, I understand the concept of a Soul but there is no scientific proof of such a thing. I will have to research sometime on where the concept of a soul came from because there is hardly evidence saying we need one. At the moment, it sounds like a concept christians or religious followers created in order to explain what we are on the other side. But just like god, there's just no facts to grasp on to and no reason to believe in either of these things.

I'm not trying to attack you or anything, all just opinion to opinion here so don't become offended..

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

Energy never disappears completely, it only changes.
All things can be seen as chemical reactions. Emotionally, we can create into the Ether. thoughts, and particularly habitual thought patterns, can create something tangible, especially when coupled with strong belief.
Biologically (in a scientific sense ), we do become other things after we die. Our physicality decays, providing nutrient to the soil we lie in; this may nourish a plant etc.
as far as the soul, now thats another entity altogether.
I'm sure you'll agree there's many beliefs on that one.
The ancient Norse said that there is a small part of the Memory/Ego that survives after death - they named this the LYKE. However, their belief was that we did not go on as what we imagine that we are; the mind we have, without this shell as the body.
the physical body is only the vehicle!
In all chemical reactions there is always a waste product- be it Gas or otherwise!

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightrun

Trying to keep an open mind reading your posts there ..

Let's try this, Would 'keeping an open mind'( the mind being your soul/life-self energy) be part of reaching a higher plane of being? We all know of people that just 'exist' and their non-thinking abilities.

Yeah overall it sounds great but I just can't see how you could acquire any of this knowledge at all. Nobody knows what's on the other side, there just no way of knowing anything about before and after life unless you look into the bible and god theories which are all things created on earth by living people that like us, had no way of knowing before and after life.

I think this is the trick. Each indivisual(?) is in their own right a seperate entity.The teachings or theories as you stated above, are of one person's entity, which has devoted alot of time to being open minded and are just trying to help others to find themselves so to speak. Me personally, believe that you can't just take their word as 'gospel' as you become one of the sheep(followers) and have not aquired any of your own knowledge. ie-more thoughts or self thinking, the more energy stored in the mind. Not to say that these theories/teachings are to be ignored but to be used as 'food for thought' so to speak.

I like to think there are other dimensions, higher planes, etc. But until they fire up that Particle Collider we won't know for sure if there are dimensions, it's all just theory at the moment.

I think there is evidence of this but like you say cannot be proven. Some examples would be; deja-vu, that 'gut-feeling' that we get over some event or that 'awareness' of things around us. A simple experiment to 'awareness' is to go to some desolete area, stop, clear your mind of all of life's turmoils and just try to feel what's around you.

As for souls, I understand the concept of a Soul but there is no scientific proof of such a thing. I will have to research sometime on where the concept of a soul came from because there is hardly evidence saying we need one. At the moment, it sounds like a concept christians or religious followers created in order to explain what we are on the other side. But just like god, there's just no facts to grasp on to and no reason to believe in either of these things.

I totally agree with you here. With science, you basically have to think inside of the box, you have to have something that you can extrapolate(?) off. There are other fields such as quantum physics,string theories,para- psycology alternative medicine etc. but these are not acepted by the mainsteam science field because they have no bases to go off on.
As far as 'christians or religious followers' goes, let me say that I was raised a strict Catholic. I went to Catholic school for a while, was in CCD, CYO and even an alter boy. I have since given up on these mono beliefs. I look at myself as my own religion and 'christian' as I take in all beliefs and use them to better myself.
The word 'christian'-
dictionary.reference.com...

The word 'christ' means 'teacher or way shower'. This definition helped me quite abit on understanding one's self being.

I'm not trying to attack you or anything, all just opinion to opinion here so don't become offended..

Again I commend you on being 'open minded'. By your statements it only helps me and I'm sure others, expand my thinking.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by KRISKALI777
reply to post by pluckynoonez

as far as the soul, now thats another entity altogether.
I'm sure you'll agree there's many beliefs on that one.
The ancient Norse said that there is a small part of the Memory/Ego that survives after death - they named this the LYKE. However, their belief was that we did not go on as what we imagine that we are; the mind we have, without this shell as the body.
the physical body is only the vehicle!

As to the OP, what then is your take on this 'LYKE'?

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Interesting but I have another question for you. You state that the soul/being is created by 'Oneness' which we are all part of. In very simple terms, can we consider this 'Oneness' as another race of beings? And if so, do they give up their place in the multi demensional/universe to exist in our plane? And if that's so, what would the purpose be?

Another line of thought I have is where you state that we are trying to achieve oneness again. I'll try to grasp an idea that we're nothing but seeds from the 'Big Oak tree'. We're virgins so to speak trying to grow into our own oak tree and be part of the forest. See now I have gone back to the idea of a seperate type of 'Race'.

Can I get some more thoughts from you?

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightrun
I'm not trying to attack you or anything, all just opinion to opinion here so don't become offended.

I’m not offended at all, nor do I regard your comments as an attack; they represent commonly held views of the human race at large.

Trying to keep an open mind reading your posts there. Yeah overall it sounds great but I just can't see how you could acquire any of this knowledge at all. Nobody knows what's on the other side, there just no way of knowing anything about before and after life unless you look into the bible and god theories which are all things created on earth by living people that like us, had no way of knowing before and after life.

Of course some people know what’s on the other side, it’s just that most people don’t want to look.

Mainstream religions tend to rely on texts laid down thousands of years ago, in obsolete language styles. Mainstream Science is perfectly geared up to prove that there is no life after death, which they do frequently. Governments are very happy that you don’t get to find out what goes on, they want your money, and they want you to be a wage slave.

One of the most open-minded scientists on this subject was Sir Oliver Lodge, inventor of the automobile spark-plug amongst other things. He lost his son in the First World War, and it hurt him deeply. While he was alive he made strenuous efforts to find a way of communicating with his son Raymond, and achieved that.

As a scientist, in the Afterlife, Spirit World, or Heaven (call it what you will), he wrote three books on life and death issues, which he channeled through a partnership with Raymond Smith, who lives in Spain, near to Gibratar. These books are now out of print, but they were scientific statements of life, and life after death.

As a young adult, I would have laughed at what I have written recently; ‘God’, ha ha, old man with a beard; when you are dead, you are dead and so on. I understand that place, it was my place and it was comfortable. But, I had questions, and nobody could answer them. Is there a God; what is the Universe contained in, is it like a big fish tank; what happens if the Sun goes out, and lots more besides.

We were nominally a Christian family, but not practicing. I got sent to Sunday school, so that Mum & Dad got a couple of hours in bed. Sunday school was ‘dead’; it was ‘Simon says stick your hands in the air’ stuff. They couldn’t answer questions, and just said things like Jesus tells us that…………”. Well, with all due respect, he didn’t speak to me.

In my mid-twenties I injured my back, and short of an operation, nobody could sort it out, until a co-worker told me he could heal it naturally, by placing his hands on my back. ‘Oh Yeah’, I thought. But it’s any port in a storm, so he came round to my house on several evenings, when Mum and Dad were there; and do you know what, he was as good as his word, he fixed it!!

Now that got my attention, and one evening he sat down with me and Mum, (I’m an only child) and said to her that she miscarried a female child. I waited for her to say ‘no’, but she didn’t; she just looked at me and said, “Don’t tell your Father”! Well, how did he know? That’s about the time I started to investigate things about death and the spirit world, and at every stage I have had proof of what was said being true.

I won’t accept rubbish though. I had two uncles who lived near a river. A medium said “I’m getting a man who lived near a river, he’s an uncle”. Great, I could test him out, so I asked him if he lived in an apartment or house. “A house” came the reply, and I then knew which one, but I hadn’t finished yet. I asked if the uncle had a garden and he replied “Yes”. Getting warmer; did he have any flower beds? “Yes he did, and one bed full of roses”. Getting hotter; so I asked what shape that bed was, “In the shape of a star, and immaculately presented”. Bingo, he’d got it!!

Then came the next part where he gave me some very personal information, which not another person knew about, and that was my first real proof that the mind/soul/spirit complex survives death in another dimension. Over the years I’ve had stacks of proof, spoken to five relatives who are ‘dead’ and communicate with my own spirit guides whenever I wish.

A scientist wouldn’t believe me, a priest would want me to confess, a doctor would certify me, and most other people wouldn’t believe me. What I have written here is fairly elementary stuff, but having a peek through the hole in the wall which separates the 3rd dimensional world in which we live, with the multi-dimensional one on the other side, is feasible. It goes on every day, right round the world; it’s nothing remarkable; very normal and not a bit unusual.

Incidentally, I’m not trying to convince you of anything. We are all free to think what we wish, thank God for that; but you said that it is impossible to see what goes on in the afterlife, except when you are dead. I must respectfully differ with you, because it is possible, if you have the motive, and want to go to the trouble of finding out how.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by geo1066

Interesting but I have another question for you. You state that the soul/being is created by 'Oneness' which we are all part of. In very simple terms, can we consider this 'Oneness' as another race of beings? And if so, do they give up their place in the multi demensional/universe to exist in our plane? And if that's so, what would the purpose be?

Another line of thought I have is where you state that we are trying to achieve oneness again. I'll try to grasp an idea that we're nothing but seeds from the 'Big Oak tree'. We're virgins so to speak trying to grow into our own oak tree and be part of the forest. See now I have gone back to the idea of a seperate type of 'Race'.

Can I get some more thoughts from you?

Everything is related to everything else. The Vietnamese man in the paddy field; the Chimpanzee in Africa, SaLuSa from planet Sirius; we’re all family. Every living entity is ‘family’, no matter what we look like.

In some towns on Earth, if I were to talk about races of black or white people, some folk would be offended, but we are all family. The same with animals and extra terrestrials, we’re all family. Sir Oliver Lodge said to me (he was ‘dead’ at the time), “We are all different sized scoops out of the same bowl of Spirit.”

It was felt that if humanity incarnated in 3rd dimensional form on Planet Earth, disconnected at a conscious level from the rest of observable Creation; whilst it would be a difficult thing to achieve, we would advance the knowledge of the whole of Creation.

By being cut off, and seemingly without a hope, our ingenuity would develop some wonderful things as a result, and so it has proved. Apparently, being a human on the tiny blue planet called Earth, is a pretty cool thing to be. In the process, we’ve mucked up our planet, and that will be repaired in due course; but we’ve achieved a lot.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join