It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Obama insinuate that he's Muslim to Turkish Parliament?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   

"Many other Americans have Muslims in their families or have lived in a Muslim-majority country -- I know, because I am one of them."

What was Obama saying exactly during his speech to the Turkish Parliament? This sounded, to me, as an insinuation towards himself being of Muslim faith, rather than just members of his family? I could be wrong, but I don't remember hearing much of Obamas extensive experience around Muslims? His campaign for President seemed more about distancing himself from this possibility, while assuring people of his Christian faith. Why so pro Muslim all of a sudden? Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Peace.

www.whitehouse.gov...

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Everyone on this site know he is. If he is trying to keep it a secret he fails with a capital PH. On the other hand, I don't care what he believes in, as long as he is faithful to the United States and he uses every tool in his power to help the country.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by USamf

All he is saying is that he has Muslim in his family. That is all he is saying. What do you guys see?

AAC

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 01:00 AM
link   
Obama lived in Indonesia.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

thank you...i was going to say the same thing, he lived in indonsesia

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Zerbst

One: It doesn't flippin' matter if he's of the Islamic faith or not. Two: He attended/attends a church which is not of the Islamic faith for 20 plus years.

...and three...

... have lived in a Muslim-majority country..."

He lived in Indonesia for several years as a boy.

He is not saying, in any fashion whatsoever, he is Muslim. He is saying that many Americans have had contact with Islam either from their families, or from contact abroad, and that he's one of them.

Why would it matter if he is, anyway?

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
any reason huh?
people will use any reason to try and make people hate this man.

George W. Bush: "If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator."

Amazing what skin colour can do to a persons point of view, eh?

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnAbsoluteCreation
reply to post by USamf

All he is saying is that he has Muslim in his family. That is all he is saying. What do you guys see?

AAC

Technically you are correct, as his father is an admitted Muslim.

I will say however, that for all of the rumors which he [President Obama] is purportedly attempting to quash, he is most certainly doing a fine job of reinforcing them instead.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zerbst

"Many other Americans have Muslims in their families or have lived in a Muslim-majority country -- I know, because I am one of them."

What was Obama saying exactly during his speech to the Turkish Parliament?

Gee, my primary language happens to be ENGLISH. So taking his statement at face value, Obama claims he is 'ONE OF THEM', meaning Obama admits he is MUSLIM. Thank you.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   

What was Obama saying exactly during his speech to the Turkish Parliament? This sounded, to me, as an insinuation towards himself being of Muslim faith, rather than just members of his family? I could be wrong, but I don't remember hearing much of Obamas extensive experience around Muslims? His campaign for President seemed more about distancing himself from this possibility, while assuring people of his Christian faith. Why so pro Muslim all of a sudden? Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Peace.

www.whitehouse.gov...

Obama is "literally" saying that he is a person with Muslims in his family, i.e. his father's side of the family.

Why did Obama distance himself from Islam during the election? The reason is good politics!!! He knew that many Americans feel negatively towards Muslims and Islam, so he distanced himself from Islam to appeal to as many Americans as he could.

Why did Obama bring up the point of having family ties with Muslims while giving a speech in Turkey? The reason again is good politics!!! When you are trying to win over the trust, friendship, and hearts of a foreign people, you must bring up points that you have in common with those people.

Point blank, Obama is a genius at talking to different types of people is mass.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by pikypiky

if your english wasnt selective he could also have been saying he has muslims in his family

Many other Americans have Muslims in their families

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by pikypiky

What was Obama saying exactly during his speech to the Turkish Parliament?

Gee, my primary language happens to be ENGLISH. So taking his statement at face value, Obama claims he is 'ONE OF THEM', meaning Obama admits he is MUSLIM. Thank you.

My primary language also happens to be ENGLISH. So taking his statement at face value, Obama claims he is 'ONE OF THEM', meaning Obama admits he is one of many other Americans that have Muslims in their family or has lived in a Muslim-majority country.

Obama has Muslims in his family and he's lived in Indonesia which is predominantly Muslim. For someone who appears to be making such an issue that their primary language is ENGLISH, I'm baffled as to why you interpret this as you do. I mean, other than desperation of course.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Ya know, President Obama is, to my mind anyway, doing enough things that are questionable in reality...why do y'all feel the neccessity to make something out of nothing?

This is truely silly.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Yawn.

More obama bashing and more headliners that blow the context waaaay out of proportion.

NEXT!

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by vox2442
Obama lived in Indonesia.

Yes, and I live in Texas, but that doesn't make me a southern Baptist. I think that ALL he meant is that he has muslim relatives. Nothing more.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Previous thread on this subject open here.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Well I believe the tele-prompter may have been Muslim, and President Obama was meerly reading it.... Seriously guys, he was just saying he lived in a predominatly Muslim country, and has Muslim family members. What this likely means is he is far more sympathetic to the Muslim faith then any previous president. Don't forget, it is not the Muslims we are afraid of, it is the Muslim extremeists, or any extremeist for that matter.

-E-

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
It doesn't flippin' matter if he's of the Islamic faith or not. Two: He attended/attends a church which is not of the Islamic faith for 20 plus years.

Yep. That lovely racist cult in Chicago has enough dirty laundry to keep people busy yakking about it for a very long time.

Obama's Church Not Your Average Christian Church

As for if he 'insinuated that he's muslim' ... he was just talking himself up for his muslim audience. Obama's real religion is PANDER. He chatted himiself up for the muslims there and when he comes back to the USA he'll chat himself up as a Christian in front of a majority Christian audience, or he'll chat himself up as secular in front of a left coast secular audience (remember how he dis'd those who 'clung to guns and religion' while with them??)

He's whatever the audience at the time wants him to be.
He's a politician.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Most of the world believes that Obama was born in Kenya and that he is a Muslim practicing Taqqiyah when he claims to be a christian.

I think whatever is claimed by Obama or is asserted for Obama is of limited interest.

His ideas and his actions are what one should find important and should scrutinise. And it is what he is saying abroad with regard to the USA that is far more important than any statements about himself. His representation of the USA ought to offend every U.S. citizen I know, but I am mystified by the way Obama beguiles an audience with such studied psychological mannerisms of an Ericksonian variety, and U.S. citizens seem incapable of seeing through the hypnotic trance of this 'new pharoah in Egypt'.

I hope the USA will survive the radical political agenda that Obama holds with roots in the corrupt Chicago political machinery. At the moment, when Obama cannot even manage a comment on the Somali pirate situation, I think the outlookd is bleak and the situation dire.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vyrtigo
Yawn.

More obama bashing and more headliners that blow the context waaaay out of proportion.

NEXT!

so as long as it was bashing bush it was acceptable. if its obama its not acceptable?

how many times did people blow things about bush "wayyyyy out of proportion"

just as longs as its a republican its ok if its a democrat its not ok.

if bush had been a democrat liberals wouldnt have said #.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join