It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to Push Immigration Bill Despite the Risks

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Yeah legalise those 20-30 millions illegals... a lot of them real criminals. You know that the corporations who stayed here because of cheap labor will either move... or go bankrupt... or will bring more illegals....

Also, last time they tried to pass amnesty, 95% of people were against it. And the legislation allowed the criminals to stay if they signed a pledge to not commit crimes... and they could bring back each a few of their family members...

So let's say you legalise 20 millions people. Now you have a population of 325 millions. Each of those 20 millions people can give a green card to 2 people... that makes 60 millions more people... 365 millions people in the US... with LESS JOBS, more unemployment = MORE VIOLENCE... and let's not forget the anger of the average american who just lost his job.

Yeah, real good plan there... if you want trouble... real trouble.

EDIT: Last time, Obama (D-IL), Yea Biden voted YES. Clinton voted YES.

People in general are FOR LEGAL immigration, totally AGAINST ILLEGAL immigration. Why should a criminal from Mexico go ahead of an east european immigrant because he doesn't follow the laws? Those following the laws should be ahead of those who don't. That's what americans respect, THE RULE OF LAW.

[edit on 9-4-2009 by Vitchilo]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Very well said...and a star for you.

I'm glad to see that people are making the distinction between legal and illegal immigration and not coming in here playing the race card.

We need to unit against the jackass party and the jackasses in the republican party and tell them "We are mad as hell and were're not going to take it anymore!".

Thank you for contributing to my thread.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
If obama passes this, he should be forced to live in an illegal immigrant neighborhood for a month. If he survives, i'm confident he'll repeal this legislation. Recently, the mexican government was complaining because the illegals were returning. I'll say again what i said then: They aren't exactly complaining because fine, upstanding citizens are returning.

TheAssociate

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I'm not complaining anymore because we deserve this treatment. This land does not belong to us. We took this land from Native Americans and we took it by force. Now the same thing is happening to us but in a more sly way. So stop crying about it.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiquidMirage

Obama to Push Immigration Bill Despite the Risks

www.nytimes.com

By JULIA PRESTON
Published: April 8, 2009

While acknowledging that the recession makes the political battle more difficult, President Obama plans to begin addressing the country’s immigration system this year, including looking for a path for illegal immigrants to become legal, a senior administration official said on Wednesday.

Haven't we been through this "reform" before? Or several times before?

Guess it's just more change we can believe in.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join