It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9 Of The Saddest Pictures Of Man's Greatest Crime's Against The Earth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Wow!!!! these are truly moving pictures ... i think it's quite sad what human's do to the Earth and it's natural inhabitants ... that's just my opinion though ... i can't believe incident's like these 'have' to happen ... Photo's below ...

Photo's Here

what are your thoughts?

[edit on 8-4-2009 by baseball101]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I'd like to add a few more about the giant, floating islands of garbage in the Pacific Ocean:

[edit on 8-4-2009 by X-tal_Phusion]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Seriously, the one on Bushmeat made me tear up

At first I thought those Bison skulls were a landfill....

When will we learn?

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Poor Gorillaz.

Sigh.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Poor Gorillaz.

Sigh.

[edit on 8-4-2009 by ThirdJohnAdams]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I really feel like it might be best if humans were extinct... we are parasites who consume everything in our path, have little regard for the consequences and expect more and more...
anyway, thanks for posting the photos.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by awake_awoke

Exactly my thoughts. Those animals were murdered and the person who did it should be put under a jail. The fact that he actually took the picture of what he did with them sitting there like that is SICK!

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
The picture of those gorillas really stabbed me in the heart..just because i know that was probably a family..and gorillas grieve just like we do.The indian chemical spill the the skulls didn't..its harder to when your just looking at bone.God,ATS and its depressing posts

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Great post IMO. It was sad to see all of these. We are killing our beautiful planet and everything that lives on it. We are losing all it's natural beauty and not too many people seem to care. I didnt like the one about Gorillas and for some reason the one about the mountain tops being blown off really bothered me as well as the forests being cut down. It just seems to get worse and worse. I am sure there are many alternative things we can use for many different things like electricity and such but it seems like people only care about the money they will make and not the planet or the environment.....

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
What's saddest of all is that this is only a snippet of the overall devastation we have caused. For every image like this, there are THOUSANDS of things that go unseen......truly sad....

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this link. It's horrifying to see what humans can do to the inhabitants of this world and to the Earth itself.

When will we learn?

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Sadly we have done worse... and perhaps our greatest sins are what we do to each other.

There is the holocaust...
Rawanda...
the killing fields of Cambodia...
female genital mutilation...
racism period...

The list is almost infinite and when I contemplate it too long I get depressed and need a drink.

IF we are made in God's image then he must be a corrupt, toxic bastard.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
The Earth is good enough to soak up a few mistakes.

It is the stuff our peoples do KNOWING that it will cause problems and not giving a carp that twists me up. The people cutting down the Tropical Rainforest (or at least their bosses) KNOW that they shouldn't. A well that goes by accident and unforeseen circumstances is a different thing than a well kept in bad repair with poor management, or a spill that was intentional.

As to Bushmeat - I can understand some of that.

How can someone not see that the other primates are just variations of us? Then again, maybe given a chance those people would eat us. Or tie us down and eat our brains while we are alive (this is done with monkeys).

join