It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Administration Embraces Bush Position on Warrantless Wiretapping and Secrecy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Obama Administration Embraces Bush Position on Warrantless Wiretapping and Secrecy

www.eff.org

The Obama administration formally adopted the Bush administration's position that the courts cannot judge the legality of the National Security Agency's (NSA's) warrantless wiretapping program, filing a motion to dismiss Jewel v. NSA late Friday.

In Jewel v. NSA, the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF) is challenging the agency's dragnet surveillance of millions of ordinary Americans. The Obama Justice Department claims in its motion that litigation over the wiretapping program would require the government to disclose privileged "state secrets." These are essentially the same arguments made by the Bush administration three years ago in Hepting v. AT&T, EFF's lawsuit against one of the telecom giants complicit in the NSA spying.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.legitgov.org

[edit on 8-4-2009 by News And History]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Kevin Bankston (EFF Senior Staff Attorney) said, "President Obama promised the American people a new era of transparency, accountability, and respect for civil liberties," Later on, he added: "But with the Obama Justice Department continuing the Bush administration's cover-up of the National Security Agency's dragnet surveillance of millions of Americans, and insisting that the much-publicized warrantless wiretapping program is still a 'secret' that cannot be reviewed by the courts, it feels like deja vu all over again."

We can't trust governments.

www.eff.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 8-4-2009 by News And History]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
It's being discussed here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And I agree, you can't trust Obama as far as you can throw him.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Now THIS will be a game changer. This is a big part of what liberals were complaining about. McCain at least SAID he would continue to do this. Obama straight up lied. No surprise. His voting Record speaks volumes of him.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I know what you mean. History repeats. He hasn't changed his ways.

reply to post by jerico65

Thanks for telling me & others about that.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by News And History

Is anyone really surprised about this ? Once a politician always a filthy freaking liar uh.... I mean politician.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Previously Posted Here:

Obama Administration quietly expands Bush's legal defense of wiretapping program

Please reply to ongoing discussion

Closing

Thank you
Semper

new topics

top topics

join