It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Navy SEAL sniper scopes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
www.supersniper.com...
Has the navy seal contract and there under 500 bucks..

This is the best thing out there for the money. I have one on a 20" .308 savage model 10 I think this is the best scope i have ever had period.

SUPER SNIPER

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I don't know too much about scopes - but how do you know for sure the SEAL's use them? Could just be sales patter!

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I have known about these scopes for some time now. I know a couple of people that use them and they both agree that the standard 10X mil-dot reticle is the most accurate. One has his on a browning A-bolt in a 7mm mag and the other has his on a standard Remington 700 in .308/7.62 nato. I have seen both scopes and rifles in action and I must say that these scopes make just about any rifle that much better.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Arkansas

Good scope, good rifle. They have them to fit a savage 30 30 or a .270? I'd look it up, but I'm at work and can't get to the site.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then
I don't know too much about scopes - but how do you know for sure the SEAL's use them? Could just be sales patter!

From what I could gather with a quick search it's basically a Tasco made by SWFA with a different badge to fulfill military contract N00164-93-C-205

The SS series line of scopes, in their current form, were created to compete for a military contract. The parent design was built to military specifications as laid out in the requirements presented by the Navy. At the time, it was rumored that Leupold was considering ending production of their well known Mk 4 series and when the Navy began looking for a new scope, both Tasco and Bausch & Lomb stepped up to the plate. Tasco entered the SS10x42 and Bausch & Lomb the 10x Elite 4000 Tactical. Both sights are functional examples of a fixed power sniper scope and if you look closely you will note that both look very similar as a result of the original specification. Even their cost was similar, running near $1000 a pop. What this means is that you have little reason to scoff at the Tasco scope as it was created to compete with some very good competition. In the end, Leupold wisely continued to manufacture the Mk4 as well as the new LR M1 and LR M3. The Army, a traditional buyer for these optics, continues to rely on them. The Navy awarded Tasco U.S. Navy Contract #N00164-93-C-205 and the SS10x42M stayed in production until Tasco fulfilled its obligation. After production ceased, SWFA Inc., a national optics retailer, contracted with Tasco and assured the continued production of the scope by the same vendor and under the same specifications as required by the original military contract. Since that time, SWFA has enjoyed a fairly interesting clientele. By their own numbers, approximately 40% of their SS Sniper Scope sales are city or state law enforcement agencies, about 10% of sales are federal law enforcement agencies, 10% general military, 5% elite military and 35% general public. In other words, the next time someone laughs at your choice of this scope, saying with derision "but heavens MAN, it is a Tasco!", you can just look at them with a knowing grin and walk away knowing that all things are not as they appear.

This is the source and a good review of the scope

www.snipercountry.com...

new topics

top topics

join