It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox News: Alleged Iranian Nuke Smuggling Plot Involving New York City Banks Uncovered

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Fox News: Alleged Iranian Nuke Smuggling Plot Involving New York City Banks Uncovered

www.foxnews.com

A New York district attorney announced a sweeping indictment, charging a businessman with setting up accounts at New York banks to help Iran get nuclear weapons materials.

The 118-count indictment from Manhattan DA Robert Morgenthau's office accused Chinese national Li Fang Wei and his company LIMMT Economic and Trade Co. LLC of violating a United Nations embargo with nearly 60 transactions over the past two years. The indictment said Li used shell companies and bank accounts with aliases to transfer money for the transactions between November 2006 and September 2008.

Morgenthau said Tuesday that the payments were sent to and from a limited number of Chinese banks that handled accounts for Li and his companies. He said he had jurisdiction because Manhattan banks were used. "This case will cut off a major source of supply to Iran and it shows how they are going ahead full steam to get a nuclear bomb," a law enforcement source told the New York Daily News. "Long-range missiles they pretty much have already."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
blacklistednews.com

[edit on 8-4-2009 by News And History]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Yesterday, the U.S. Treasury Department designated Li's businesses and 6 other Iranian groups for their role in the alleged proliferation network. Stuart Levey (he serves under Secretary for Terrorism and Financial Intelligence Stuart Levey) said, "We are acting under our Security Council and other international obligations to prevent these entities from abusing the financial system to pursue centrifuge and missile technology for Iran"

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 8-4-2009 by News And History]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
First thing that I thought of was...
Will these company men be held or tried as terrorists?
Maybe, maybe not. Who knows.
Iran is getting their nucleor stuff not from China, not from Russia, but from their own enemy the US.
This must show a lot of you Iran lovers out there that Iran is not as peaceful as they say. They dont intend to use this stuff for peaceful purposes, only for military muscle.
But yea, lets go ahead and just "talk" to them.That will do a lot of good Obama. its worked good for you so far =X.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

Yes, because Iran is a nation that commonly attacks it's neighbors... why it was just a short time ago.... in Biblical times 2000 years ago, that they last attacked a neighbor.

Faux news is not a source I would rely on. Some Chinese got caught with some corrupt US banks. Israel already has many nukes and refused to sign the Nuclear Non Proliferation treaty, along with their good friends North Korea, Pakistan and India. Israel sold US nuclear weapon material to China in violation of international law. Israel has a proven track record of ignoring international laws and of stabbing the US in the back. USS liberty was a nice gesture from Israel to their strongest ally.

Hmm ...Chinese friends of Israel, and corrupt US banks. I smell a false flag op trying to place blame on Iran just as Israel is trying to paint them as dangerous despite all 16 US intelligence agencies stating that Iran does not have any weaponised nuclear material. The LAST thing Israel wants, is for the US to begin talks with Iran. Israel knows, that since Iran signed the Nuclear Non Proliferation treaty, the the US is obligated to help them build Nuclear power plants. If the US does that, then it would allow the US a chance to better monitor the situation, and then any claim of Iran having dangerous nukes would fly out the door. Israel wishes to create a bogey man out of Iran, to deflect the criticism they are facing after the crimes they committed in Gaza. Take a look at how Israel got their nuclear arsenal. Tell me they were above board and did not violate any laws.

Notice how they "Claim" that it was material for use in making bombs but they do not mention at all what the material was. That is very telling.

[edit on 8/4/09 by Terapin]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Terapin

The reason they last attacked a Western nation a couple millennia ago was because every single time they met a Western nation, they got slaughtered by unbelievable ratios.

If I got slaughtered every single time in every single battle against a Western power, and the last time around, Western harlots burned my capitol, I think I'd keep my mouth shut and my raggedy butt on my side of the fence too.

Forgetting, they seem to want to try another Western nation - a nation of Western immigrants - a very tiny nation - hoping their luck will change.

The problem is, some things never change.

[edit on 8-4-2009 by dooper]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Iran has not threatened to attack anyone. It is their Neighbor, who is warmongering and trying to spread lies.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Terapin

When they last attacked is a moot point.. New times, new crazy leader.
This post has nothing to do with israel, you dont always have to tie Isreal in everytime Iran gets caught with their pants down.
This is about corrupt buisness men providing weapon material to Iran.
Lets not lose focus on the matter at hand.

-Side note..I appreciate your enthusiasm for justice, but justice must be met on all fronts, not by siding with one side or the other. =)

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
"Alleged" plot. That is the topic, and all they tell you about is some Chinese businessmen and US banks. Iran is under an embargo, and have a very hard time getting anything they need. Who is to say that it is not machine parts for a conventional power plant. Why do they NOT MENTION any details about the "alleged" nuclear weapons material. You would think that would be the FIRST thing they pointed to.

This is just another part of the smear campaign designed to paint Iran as a danger, when they are not the ones pushing for war. They are not the nation that defies the Nuclear Non Proliferation treaty. This has everything to do with Israel, as it is Israel that is crying wolf and promoting war over non existent weapons. This is all about deflecting the criticism over the crimes committed in Gaza.

The fact that they never mention any details about the "alleged" weapons material is very telling.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Who woulda guessed it that the banks are playing both sides from the middle... once again.
This kinda' stuff is disgusting!

Bankers are out of control! And we let them WRITE POLICY!!!

Insane.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I'm with Terapin on this one, FOX is as credible as worldnetdaily and a proven mouthpiece for warmongers. Iran isn't a saint but it does keep it's own in a hostel enviroment. It has done nothing wrong internationally, has been mistranslated numerous of times and falsely accused of smuggling weapons into Iraq with weaponcrates with English text. It is laughably obvious. Stop drinking it. Iran has done nothing wrong but it doesn't go play dead and roll over under pressure, it's soevereign like it should be, it is one of the few countries without a central bank and that is why it is getting hammered PR wise.

[edit on 9-4-2009 by Harman]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
ALREADY posted:www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hate to break up the fussin' and feudin' here but there has been another double post of this article.

join