It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Wins NPR's Poll for 2012 Republican Pres Candidate

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
lol...

Basically...

as Ravenshadow said..

Palin/Obama....TOTAL DISASTER. Look at those choices!?

Please god no!! LOL

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
.if Ron Paul runs third party...he will get far more votes this time

That's what I'm saying as well. I think Crist and Jindal will be the GOP frontrunners and so Ron Paul will see the momentum from the 'vote them all out' Tea Parties (in which both Dems and Republicans go to) and he'll jump on it. It will be his party. Those Tea Parties are going to take votes away from the dems and republicans. they could build a viable 3rd party.

I think Palin might have a shot

Not a chance.

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
we don't have to end up in an Obama/Palin showdown.

Palin won't be the GOP POTUS nomination. Not a chance.
They are all already distancing themselves from her.

[edit on 4/21/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
No lie, my state (CT) has groups who have already raised millions of bucks for Palin.

If it comes down to it, you all know I would vote for Obama. But I would maybe rather have Ron Paul. Depends. I have a feeling he might flip flop...

Depends.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenshadow13
No lie, my state (CT) has groups who have already raised millions of bucks for Palin.

I was born and raised in Connecticut. It's pretty darn blue.

She hasn't filed to run in 2012 and so where exactly is this money
allegedly going?

It doesn't matter if she gets some supporters in the field.
The fact is that the party doesn't want her. They are dis'n her.
They are already distancing themselves from her and any run.

It won't happen.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

The money...if it was raised...was most likely from religious group. That's my guess.

Those who are very religious like her a lot..at least that's the vibe I get from other people.

But I agree she's a disaster in the making and i hope she doesn't make the ticket...I really fear if we are stuck with those 2 choices...Obama and Palin. That is a scary thought...thanks for bringing it up! I can't get it out of my head now. YIKES

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
BTW...i hope it's not actually named "Tea bag party."

That's suicide right there..lol.

Can you imagine all of the teabagging jokes? No thanks...they are already killing protesters with that...which is total BS in itself.

I like "Liberty Party."

Straight...simple...sounds good....

I like it. I think many people out there would like to identify with a new party....but how many? Could be lots more in 3 - 4 years...we'll see.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   

I've got a question for you MM (I think it's safe to say your on the liberal side of things correct?)...

It seems to me that many liberals here don't seem to have many bad things to say about the guy...and he's considered to be the most conservative guy registered to be in the Republican party....even though he doesn't stress religion as most others would see as a Conservative doing....

What are the reasons you like him? or as Ravenshadow stated....why would you vote for him?

I'm just curious...not that I don't like seeing it btw...

Well I like RP because he seems to have a very strong moral compass that is NOT based upon old traditional schemes. His liberty seems inclusive, as opposed to GOP
that wants to legislate based upon archaic idealism and religious edicts. I also think
closing down the FED IS A GREAT idea, although I think "they" would kill to prevent such a move.

I like the fact that he sees Americas imperialists policy as destructive
and excessively costly. I like the fact that he does not change with the wind and use the divisive words in a MANNER that is manipulative. IF I had to have a "Conservativeesque" president I think he would be my preference over any other.
PLUS Murdoch seems to hate him
which makes me feel good, cause I wish Small POX on FOX.

I am not sure about his policies on education or healthcare though... I do know that many people forget; education and its availability was used for most of human history to suppress and "enslave" entire populations, when coupled with ideas that promoted their own bondage.

I also am firmly against teaching half the population on thing and the other something else - if you think about it that is how "religious" wars are started and how two halfs keep a country divided and preoccupied. No different than the two party notions...

I fear right idealism because I think in practice to much power/money is pooled which can undermine our country,,, as it has already. I believe our greatest enemy is not the government, but the entities that work tirelessly to gain as much power and influence AS THEY CAN GET.

THERE IS NO STOPPING BECAUSE that is the MO of all business to survive and out compete ---- At some point this competition will be over = the new master - the master you can not vote out.

MORE GROWTH MORE GROWTH MORE GROWTH MORE GROWTH MORE .......................................................... MANY of these entities, American companies, ARE NOT COMPOSED OF AMERICAN BOARD MEMBERS. Which is also
unnerving to my American side ( i do have one BION)

One day we will awake to a world were are liberty and existence is limited for and by the considerations of such entities.

WE can always VOTE THE BUMS OUT - in theory- with government

NO executive will be my master!

[edit on 21-4-2009 by mental modulator]

[edit on 21-4-2009 by mental modulator]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I fully expect Ron Paul to win every left leaning organization poll and internet poll from now until 2012, just like he did in 2008.

For those who don't know....Ron Paul was born August 20th 1935. Do the math....he will be 77 years old in 2012.

John McCain the moderate loser of the 2008 election was born August 29th 1936. Yet at 72 years old, people made fun of his age.

The way Mr. Obama is going, there is no doubt that the Republican nominee will be the eventual President in 2012. The last thing the Republicans need is a severely aged person leading us.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

First of all...thanks for replying...appreciated.

I do know that many people forget; education and its availability was used for most of human history to suppress and "enslave" entire populations, coupled with ideas that promote their own bondage.

I do agree....and I think it still happens now..our education system is severely biased.... children should have a mandatory class on the Constitution....on how our government SHOULD work...how every person, no matter race, religion, sex, all have the same rights as the next person, but we cannot infringe on the rights of others.

I think this is the worst thing in our education system...we don't teach what are country is all about. We have many alternate histories as well...which many would see events differently..and that isn't made available.

High school should be about Math, English, Government and our History, and balancing a personal budget (boy do we need this!)

Our education system is horrible....so many people dropping out of school. Not long ago...you could do that and still find a decent job....or work at a factory.

Not many factories around today...not much of anything. Just a bunch of McDonalds and Burger Kings.

I think our education system has to have a set line of rules....I believe the pledge of allegiance should be said in school and remain unchanged...as it's been apart of this country for ages...but I also believe that religion should not be in schools.

Religion should be taught by family as religion is a personal thing.

All my opinion of course.

As for business being too big? Anything that gets too big is dangerous...business and government.

Both exercise power...and power corrupts...always. When has it not in history? In the end people will always pay and lose their freedoms.

Government should be small...but should regulate business as well...and for cripes sakes...PROSECUTE those who disrespect the law, as Ron Paul wants to do. You cheat the people...you lose your money..you lose your freedom and sit in a cell.

People should be in prison for this...a lot of people.

yet nothing...bernie madoff? That's all?

What about government officials that had a hand in this? Nothing.

Disaster everywhere and the only people being punished are us.

There should be action taken everywhere but the people who need to take action are dirty themselves.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

Ron Paul could be a corpse and long dead and he'd still be a better President than the Gingrich, Palin, Huckabee, Romney, or any of the other fakes that are awaiting in the shadows to pounce on this.

I don't care how old the guy is...as long as his brain his ticking. This country would be much better off than any of the people I just stated in the previous paragraph.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I think Ernie Banks is the greatest Chicago Cub ever.....but I currently wouldn't want him to come back and lead the Cubs to the World Series.

Ron Paul with his age and other major issues is not the person to lead the Republicans to the Series...ie the Presidency.

You mentioned as long as his brain is ticking.....well that is an issue by itself.

BTW Been a Cubs fan since 1979!

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   

I think Ernie Banks is the greatest Chicago Cub ever.....but I currently wouldn't want him to come back and lead the Cubs to the World Series.

Greatest cub ever? possibly. IF he could come back and win a world series for the Cubs? Well HELL YES. Why not.

Go cubs!

as for the rest of your post....

You need to lay off the hannity and Limbaugh BS for awhile...because a good portion of what they say is BS.

I don't know how many times I've heard them purposely leave out clips and take words out of context.

I also laugh when lately hannity acts like he's doing RP supporters a favor by bringing up the thing about the bumper stickers..

Yeah Hannity...like you give a flying fart about Ron Paul supporters.

As long as he can show that the government is targeting citizens...that's all he gives a crap about...it's all about Obama to him.

Nevermind the rest of the criminals on both sides of the isle...or the Federal Reserve...which never speaks of.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Very good point. 77 is rather old. Each person ages differently ... some better than others. He may be a spry 77 year old but the office is very demanding. Heck ... Obama started looking like crap after just 3 weeks.

Obama - New York Post

I still think these Tea Parties may take votes from the dems and republicans .... thus giving a third party a very good chance in 2010 and 2012.

(please O please O please ... I hope so)

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   

lol...

Basically...

as Ravenshadow said..

Palin/Obama....TOTAL DISASTER. Look at those choices!?

Please god no!! LOL

I second that! Power to Ron Paul!

Come to think of it...that would be a great thread title...

Where would we be now if McCain Palin had won?

Any takers?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join