It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Wins NPR's Poll for 2012 Republican Pres Candidate

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Paul defeated Sen. Jim DeMint of South Carolina in the finals by 13 points, 56-43 percent, with 963,719 total votes cast. The names of 32 prospective (and yes, some unlikely) candidates were in the brackets when we began this madness on March 19. There were eight governors: Sarah Palin of Alaska, Tim Pawlenty of Minnesota, Haley Barbour of Mississippi, Mitch Daniels of Indiana, Jon Huntsman of Utah, Mark Sanford of South Carolina, Charlie Crist of Florida, and Bobby Jindal of Louisiana. There were three former governors: Florida's Jeb Bush, Arkansas' Mike Huckabee and Massachusetts' Mitt Romney.

www.npr.org...

Bracket chart is here:
www.npr.org...

I thought this was kinda cool and worth sharing. In an NCAA type bracket..people voted on their favorite candidate..up to champion...and the winner ended up being Ron Paul.

It's too bad this wasn't reflective of the entire population...

Still neat to see nonetheless.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

NPR polls are notoriously bad...so bad as to be hilarious. Go ahead and keep voting...every vote including repeats count. You might want to look up some of the hilarity their polls supplied during the 2008 Presidential election - they have become to butt of all polling jokes.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Maybe because he is the least likely Republican to make Democrats feel sick and we all know the liberal stereotypes cast on NPR listeners.
I think he tends to fare best in the most open voting systems even if the NPR poll is junk.

Ron Paul is a living legend and we should all only be so lucky to have him in the House.

I've seen Mark Sanford's shtick and thought his fiscal conservatism was great but just today I noticed his name n the 2008 Bilderberg attendee list. Made me feel sick.

edit:typeo

[edit on 8-4-2009 by Moonsouljah]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Ya know David

Most people on this site agree Ron would be the best President

I think , even if he would against all odds become that in 2112

the way things are going, with 3 yrs left

the country would be too far gone to bring back, like a cancer going

past treatment stage

and THAT SADDENS ME

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
No disrespect meant

But voting in Ron Paul as President will make no difference at all.

If they won't listen to him in Congress, I surely doubt they will listen to him as President.

Maybe instead of voting in Paul as President, people should vote in 534 Congress men and women who are on page with Ron Paul's views. Now that would be change you can believe in.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Very true. I actually think that, even though Ron Paul is a pretty bright guy, it would be a train-wreck if he became President. Nothing would get done. Congress wouldn't let him do anything that wasn't within his powers of Executive Order; and he would veto everything that Congress sent to his desk.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Way to go on the NPR poll - that is change we can believe in...

hell, if we all dropped the big three and listened to NPR and the likes on a regular basis that would be a giant step...

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I completely disagree.

Look at what Obama has done with his popularity....if RP was a popular President...more policies would get passed.

he's not going to be able to completely change things on day one...to turnaround this country it would take years...decades.

If we don't get someone in there soon who will set us on the right path we are all screwed...if we aren't already.

If we get another Republican Neo-Con from the craziness that is happening now....nothing is going to change.

We will still have debts up to our eyeballs and no one will do anything to try and cut the deficit...or curb how large our government has become.

The newly elected President after Obama will see all of the power he has and will take advantage of it for the wrong reasons.

Can't you see we need to break the cycle?

Who else do you trust?

What politician out there hasn't flip flipped over something time and time again..or say something just to say in office?

I really hope the generation that listens to what he says...and believes in his ideology...and his belief in liberty....I hope it results in a great leader someday.

We can't continue on the path we are on.

We all know we can't....

[edit on 21-4-2009 by David9176]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisCrikey

NPR polls are notoriously bad...so bad as to be hilarious. Go ahead and keep voting...every vote including repeats count. You might want to look up some of the hilarity their polls supplied during the 2008 Presidential election - they have become to butt of all polling jokes.

I'm not saying it is the same thing but part of that sounds like

this:

and now their are concern in RP's message?

[edit on 21-4-2009 by mental modulator]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
NICE!!

I honestly believe that the more people who get involved with the 'vote them all out' Tea Parties .. the more votes will go Ron Pauls way, or the way towards Third Parties.

GOP in 2012 will be Jindal and Crist .. IMHO.

Ron Paul will make the break and be the candidate of the Tea Party.

Get it .... tea 'Party' candidate?????

Oh well .... it was my attempt at humor for the day.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
NICE!!

I honestly believe that the more people who get involved with the 'vote them all out' Tea Parties .. the more votes will go Ron Pauls way, or the way towards Third Parties.

I don't think Jindal has a snowballs chance -

however I think Crist does -

I actually think the GOP does not want to see a viable "rightish" party because it would serve to dilute their voter base...IMO

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by mental modulator

I can see a southern ticket ... Crist as POTUS and Jindal as VP.
They need Jindal otherwise it's just the grey haired white man ticket.
The GOP has to move away from that.

It definately won't be Palin. She lost. Usually, losers don't get invited back.

It won't be Jeb. He's made it clear he isn't interested and the country
has made it clear what it thinks of Bushes.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   

NICE!!

I had the same thought the other day - just call it the TEA party - sounds fresh
with a slight citron overtone...

Over all refreshing and forward sounding

I don't know if the old adage "great minds think alike" could apply in our case though...

the thinking alike part...

[edit on 21-4-2009 by mental modulator]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I also would like to add...that even though I often get angry and disgusted with things as they are now...I do hope for a better future.

I just don't see it with the 2 parties we have or most other possible future Presidential candidates.

Palin? NO. Huckabee? No. Jindal? No. Gingrich? NO. Crist? have no idea who he is so i'll have to look that up.

I don't think a Democrat is going to have a chance...just like a Republican didn't have one last election. So far the only choices I see...that the Republican party keeps putting up...is nothing but the same BS we've been getting for years.

If people want to actually turn around the country they need to grow a sack and actually vote for it.

I wish this online poll was a real poll...but even if it was...Sean Hannity and everyone else at Fox would just say it's BS and the numbers are inflated.

Hannity....nothing but a piece of trash.

Democrats are making a huge mistake with what they are doing...just as Republicans did the last 8 years...and they are going to get killed within the next 4 years...IMO.

So are we going to keep repeating the cycle of trash?

BTW...if Ron Paul runs third party...he will get far more votes this time...but will most likely guarantee a Republican loss. If RP runs and is not the Republican nominee....Obama will serve 4 more years.

So what's it going to be?

What in the hell do people want...

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by mental modulator

I can see a southern ticket ... Crist as POTUS and Jindal as VP.
They need Jindal otherwise it's just the grey haired white man ticket.
The GOP has to move away from that.

It definately won't be Palin. She lost. Usually, losers don't get invited back.

It won't be Jeb. He's made it clear he isn't interested and the country
has made it clear what it thinks of Bushes.

Well if you look at the past the GOP is the only party that has launched a "loser"
after losing - NIXON and others... But very true for DEMS

I think Palin might have a shot ( hope not ) I will cap myself...

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

I'll state it right now....

Palin WILL NOT be president.

No chance...and even if she was....she wouldn't change anything anyway.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Now there is one Republican that I would vote for.

Probably the only one. Let's all hope he defeats Palin and we don't have to end up in an Obama/Palin showdown.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176

I'll state it right now....

Palin WILL NOT be president.

No chance...and even if she was....she wouldn't change anything anyway.

I know she wouldn't - at least in a 21st century way...

BUT she has the same sort of base appeal W had... And she proved she could milk the public's perception of her like no other.

smiles, bye gollies and don't cha knows, that make her nonthreatening and nonpolitical like. Plus she is not robotic and politician like, don't underestimate the
Palin Power or the voters.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I've got a question for you MM (I think it's safe to say your on the liberal side of things correct?)...

It seems to me that many liberals here don't seem to have many bad things to say about the guy...and he's considered to be the most conservative guy registered to be in the Republican party....even though he doesn't stress religion as most others would see as a Conservative doing....

What are the reasons you like him? or as Ravenshadow stated....why would you vote for him?

I'm just curious...not that I don't like seeing it btw...

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   

I know she wouldn't - at least in a 21st century way... BUT she has the same sort of base appeal W had... And she proved she could milk the public's perception of her like no other.

She's too religious for me...and I'm afraid she would dictate policy based off of it. That is my biggest knock against her....not her intelligence...because let's face it...intelligence is not something running rampart in our federal government today....

I just can't see it happening...and i think that is what scares others away from her....everyone thought she could turn the tide for McCain..but she couldn't...not that the media helped her at all..geez.

She would base her administration on religious beliefs...not the Constitution.

I just want someone who will follow and abide by the Constitution. Cripes..you think that wouldn't be a hard thing to ask for!

When was the last time it was even done? I wasn't probably even alive then.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join