It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peace be upon you (from Mosul city)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Courtesy, Please!

Regardless of what our personal opinions may be on any topic, it is the responsibiilty of every member to post with civility at all times. Let's not forget that.

Posts not complying the the AboveTopSecret.com Terms And Conditions Of Use are subject to removal.

The staff is aware of and is currently discussing issues related to cross-posting and translation problems.

Although the official language of ATS is, indeed, English, we welcome input from all members from all over the world, and wish to encourage as broad a range of perspectives in our forums as possible.

Comments on the topic are, as always, quite welcome, but please be patient while we try to work this out.

Thanks.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by almawsil

almawsil, I believe that you are real and are who you say you are.

I would like to ask you, are there those among you who fear what your future holds now that US forces are leaving?

I would also like to apologise on behalf of my fellow ATS users who seem more focused on discrediting you then learning anything you might have to share.

It is my belief that in ANY conflict, the real truth is somewhere between what each side is reporting...

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
Courtesy, Please!

Regardless of what our personal opinions may be on any topic, it is the responsibiilty of every member to post with civility at all times. Let's not forget that.

Posts not complying the the AboveTopSecret.com Terms And Conditions Of Use are subject to removal.

The staff is aware of and is currently discussing issues related to cross-posting and translation problems.

Although the official language of ATS is, indeed, English, we welcome input from all members from all over the world, and wish to encourage as broad a range of perspectives in our forums as possible.

Comments on the topic are, as always, quite welcome, but please be patient while we try to work this out.

Thanks.

Peace be upon you
In fact I was about to Approach the forum moderator and complain about all these pretensions.
Many thanks and I appreciate your Valuable Observation.

Best regards
Almawsil

[edit on 13-4-2009 by almawsil]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienarena

Originally posted by almawsil
Finally
Our Martyrs in paradise and yours in hell

Iraqi citizen
Safwan

[edit on 9-4-2009 by almawsil]

Oh please
This is exactly the kind of extremist rheteric that I have no patience for.

We are created equal in God's eyes. God created Amercians, Iraqi's, Chinese, Russians, British, etc. We are his children. Do you honestly believe that a father would want his children killing their brothers and sisters or wishing them to hell? Do you want your own son killing your daughter? Think about it.

The Americans will leave your country one day and mark my words that nothing in your life will change unless you quit living with the same belief system and governing methods that brought this hell upon you and will stay with you until the Iraqi people do something about it.

Go ahead and let another Saddam clone take over so the hell can continue.

Go ahead and continue with your religous extremism and watch the entire world come down on you. Did you ever think this may be a punishment from God because you believe you will be rewarded by killing your brothers and sisters?

I hope you "elect" a governing body to represent your wants and needs and if they don't - throw them out.

Did it ever dawn on you to continue to worship god in peace and resist the need to persecute others who don't share your beliefs.

If you could master the two things in the last two paragraphs, I belief the world you live in would change for the better and the future of your children would be secure.

Very well said..I'm afraid that some are so mis-guided by extremism,or should I say blinded that things will never change..You can leed a horse to water but you can make them drink it..
Those out rageous beliefs of killing the infidels are as old as any building in the middle east..After so many generations its just a way of life..
If they wanna earn there 40 virgins,just let them do it over there were its there way of life,not ours..

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   

almawsil, I don't think anyone here is doubting the fact that you are from Iraq or that you speak Arabic etc.

However, I believe many are curious about the following:

Do you currently live in Iraq? Are you writing to us from Iraq?

Normally it is not the policy of this site to ask for information like that from members, however in this case it is a rather large part of your claims (your thread title itself claims you're currently in Mosul Iraq) so we're just wondering... are you there now?

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Djarums

I'd like to know why you chose this site, was it based on a web search result of sorts. It is normal behavior on this site for nobody to believe that you are telling the truth about anything and that is a good thing. Personally, I don't care either way where you are from or who you are. Peace on earth would be so nice but it will never happen as long as the moronic masses of this planet blindly obey those that they shouldn't. Once again, good luck with keeping corruption and religion out of politics in Iraq.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jitombe

and just to clarify, the above reply was meant as a reply to Al, not Dj. This is not intented to be a one line post, got the email, thanks for the reminder!!!

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Whether or not he's currently in Iraq doesn't really matter to me. I actually don't see how it can matter to anyone. The forums are genuine and the posts are presumably made by people in the Mosul area.

Anyway, I don't generally post unless it's about somethign that directly affects me or something that makes me laugh a little, but this thread is just ridiculous.

I did not actually count the number of posts, but I have seen at least 3 that mention that the OP started out friendly, then started "spewing anti-American rhetoric" after the original post.

Am I the only one that noticed that he said he was TRANSLATING AND POSTING WHAT OTHERS ON THAT FORUM WERE SAYING?

It looks like people see anyone arabic and assume they're an evil agent of terror or the amazing Osama that's somehow trying to get us from beyond the grave. I'm not naming names, but some people *not naming names, it's obvious enough who I'm talking about* need to back the **** off and see things for what they really are.

Back to the point, I'll try to simplify for people that don't seem to understand. READ POSTS FULLY before vomiting biased, uneducated crap. Your ignorance serves to do nothing but make you look even worse with each post.

And I'd just like to add one more thing that only partially pertains to this thread, but maybe it will help some of the Limbaugh fans out there understand where these people are coming from (ha yeah).

Picture this: Sometime in the relatively near future. Obongress has passed a series of power grab laws, we are on the brink of martial law. Unemployment has shattered all previous records, people are starving in the streets, others are starting to disappear from their homes after speaking out against the government.

At the same time, Obama is making alot of threats and generally upsetting the rest of the world. Some other entity comes in (China, Russia, EU.... Someone who could actually put up a fight.)

Somehow, they break our defences, shatter our military and destroy whole portions of our infrastructure. Sure, we're grateful for their help doing what we as a people could not bring ourselves to do, but was that much destruction really necessary?

At the same time, we also realize that although they say they're just staying for a bit, they seem very interested in one or more of our natural resources. All of a sudden, they're not just there to remove a regime, they keep finding excuses to stay longer and longer, all the while protecting the resources that rightfully belong to us.

That's not to mention all of the horrible stories that are coming out about things happening to fellow Americans while under the occupation of this invading force.

At this point any real American is going to stand up for what's right and stand up for what his (or her) country is supposed to represent. Would you sit by and let these invading forces take advantage of their position? Would you calmly ignore the fact that your neighbor was raided and his family taken because they may be insurgents?

I'm not saying that all of the insurgents are fine in doing what they are. I'm sure a majority have ulterior motives, and I have to say suicide bombing innocents is probably one of the top 3 most cowardly things someone can do.

I am however saying that at some point, for one reason or another, people are inevitably going to get sick of foreigners controlling their day to day lives and rise up. And in some cases, they have every right to do so.

Anyway, whatever, I'm done. Let the flaming begin.

Oh, and seeing as our gov't is historically one of the largest sponsors of terrorist activities, in before "terrorist sympathizer" comments.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Magnivea
Whether or not he's currently in Iraq doesn't really matter to me. I actually don't see how it can matter to anyone.

It goes to his honesty. This guy claims to be broadcasting from MOSUL CITY. If he is .. fine. But many of us find it hard to believe. This could easily be verified or debunked by the mods who can see IPs.

Am I the only one that noticed that he said he was TRANSLATING AND POSTING WHAT OTHERS ON THAT FORUM WERE SAYING?

On the first page of this mess I stated that those who were coming forward - hat in hand - were just useful tools for this guy because he was taking their words elsewhere.

It looks like people see anyone arabic and assume they're an evil agent of terror ...

Obviously you haven't been around very much or you'd know that isn't true ... and you haven't read this guys work carefully. You call others to read it. I suggest you do the same.

He starts out with the typical friendly 'peace be upon you' and quickly slides down into the typical hate rhetoric. He refuses to acknowledge the evil that took place in Iraq under Saddam. He just spews the typical anti-American rhetoric.

Looks like he's just trolling the board looking for sound bites to take to an anti-American forum elsewhere.

Originally posted by Djarums
almawsil ... [snip] ... (your thread title itself claims you're currently in Mosul Iraq) so we're just wondering... are you there now?

Wanna answer Djarums question almawsil ...

Djarums .... you can see his IP ... where's he REALLY broadcasting from?

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I'm a soldier on my 2nd deployment to Iraq. I'm up north, but have been all over the country.

I highly doubt the claims of these people. But people will doubt my claims. There is alotta anti-american sentiment in this country. But these guys sound a little wild and inconsistant.

I dunno. Stay open-minded and skepticle.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Sure, you can do what ever like as long as it is with a loving intent.

Violence or hate mongering or fear mongering are things I do not ascribe to.

I believe the Iraq people in general have been dealt an unfair blow by the false claims of our governments that started (both) wars there.

That is where I am coming from, and I insist violence NEVER be used by anyone under any circumstances to contribute or escalate war.

If someone wants to kill me, so be it - after all this life is an illusion - a mind trap we are all lead to believe is SO important. When we evolve, which we are - rapidly, fear, hate and war will all be looked at as a primitive act, just as it should be.

Rock on, love one another, and question everything every government does. Always.

wZn

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Djarums

almawsil, I don't think anyone here is doubting the fact that you are from Iraq or that you speak Arabic etc.

However, I believe many are curious about the following:

Do you currently live in Iraq? Are you writing to us from Iraq?

Normally it is not the policy of this site to ask for information like that from members, however in this case it is a rather large part of your claims (your thread title itself claims you're currently in Mosul Iraq) so we're just wondering... are you there now?

Peace be upon you
I’m still wondering why you ask this question. Though I had mentioned in previous comments that im what I’m really is?!!!
I will not react to this Request anymore; first of all, this is a very sensitive private issue
And there is no item within the forum rules recalls its members to Confess of such thing.
I am not an American or any other western people, but I’m Iraqi suffer from the miserable situation in here. An Iraqi educated man (specially a lecturer like me) is a target to many parties and organization. You can not imagine the suffering that we live in. I am moving from one place to another just to live my day and feed my family (I’m not worry about my life but afraid that Mosul will be lost when its people get murdered. . I trust nobody and this is a simple thing to Save my life ,by telling you stuff could be used and collected by others …………..in Mosul , one word could transfer your soul behind the universe ; please appreciate my situation and do not think that Mosul is like New York city.

Sincerely
Almawsil

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by jitombe
reply to post by Djarums

I'd like to know why you chose this site, was it based on a web search result of sorts. It is normal behavior on this site for nobody to believe that you are telling the truth about anything and that is a good thing. Personally, I don't care either way where you are from or who you are. Peace on earth would be so nice but it will never happen as long as the moronic masses of this planet blindly obey those that they shouldn't. Once again, good luck with keeping corruption and religion out of politics in Iraq.

Indeed we (me and Mosul, another Iraqi member who sent me the invitation to join the work and help to deliver true facts of what is really going on in Mosul city. We have no evil purpose; we may represent a high rank category in our society. Be sure that what we post here is 100 % real; emerge from the centre of truth.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Once the western forces are withdrawn from Iraq I see the country imploding into civil war. Iranian backed intervention will occur, and killing will resume on a level never seen in the middle east. Mark my words!

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 06:28 AM
link   
The Pishmerga and other Kurdish militias control the north. Their 80,000+ members will not let Iranian backed militias get far in their conquest of Northern Iraq.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 06:34 AM
link   

I won't repeat the Iraqi civilian death tolls, statistics of American lives lost, and the dramatic stories of the millions of displaced, disabled, Mental illness, insanity of both sides. Nor will I recount the extraordinary failure of Bush`s demonstration.

You just did.

posted on Apr, 15 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Does it really matter where he's from? I think it's pretty clear that a large segment of the Iraqi population wants us out.

Who doesn't want us out? Mainly the "elected" officials who have intrests in making sure the country is stable enough to allow the oil companies to do their robbing.

We should leave and let them to to it. Maybe if we'd spent money on actually building schools and fixing the infrastructure instead of spending it on laser guided missles to take out goat herders camps they'd have a bit of a better chance at succeeding.

To the OP I cannot imagine how hard your life must be now and in the past - It is my sincere wish that your people can find peace and prosperity. In the west we are made to believe that the only way to be happy and free is to adopt a western style government and lifestyle. I respect the right of your people to choose what ever form suits them best, I just hope that they are strong enough to actually choose for yourselves and not be cheated yet again the evil schemes of evil men.

posted on Apr, 29 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
almawsil,

Why do you suppose some Iraqis hate the United States for occupying their land, but those same Iraqis consider the suicide bombers the "heroes" for trying to liberate Iraq? Do they think that a bomb hidden in a car causes less collatoral damage than one dropped from a plane?

There are people fighting on both sides of this war. Both sides kill innocents. The people of the United States want out of it. Those of us whose decisions were informed did not want to go into the war in the first place.

Are all of the posts on that forum against America, or is there a "pro" voice there as well? I wish I could read it, but I don't know the language. If the spoken language is as beautiful as the words are in writing, I'm missing out.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by mattifikation

Make sure that 99% of us stand completely against the idea of blowing up yourself and the life of civilians in order to liberate the land. We are against the extremist groups like the Islamic state of Iraq and some other murderer, but at the same time will not believe in the occupier…………..

The majority represent contra to ………………

Allah (God ) say

وَكَذَلِكَ أَوْحَيْنَا إِلَيْكَ قُرْآنًا عَرَبِيًّا لِتُنْذِرَ أُمَّ الْقُرَى وَمَنْ حَوْلَهَا وَتُنْذِرَ يَوْمَ الْجَمْعِ لا رَيْبَ فِيهِ فَرِيقٌ فِي الْجَنَّةِ وَفَرِيقٌ فِي السَّعِيرِ

"And thus: We have revealed to you a Qur'an in Arabic so that you may warn the Foremost of all towns and those who dwell around it, and may warn of the Day of Gathering, which is beyond all doubt. One group will be in the Garden, and one group will be in the Flames." [42:7]

so Arabic language carries a lot of things which you missed out !!!

Best regards
Almawsil

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Funny .... the OP starts out ... 'peace be upon you' as the title ... but then starts spewing the typical un-peaceful rhetoric.

]

I think your getting confused. The comment he posted was from the forum he was talking about in the OP. Not his own words right? Or am I the confused one?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join