It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police 'Blunder' Sparks Anti-Terror Raids

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Police 'Blunder' Sparks Anti-Terror Raids

news.sky.com

Britain's top anti-terror police officer has apologised after a 'blunder' which apparently led to raids in a major terror operation being brought forward.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Bob Quick makes a right balls up....

I was dropping somebody off at a train station in Manchester.

Travelling down the M602 2 police cars came the opposite way all lights blazing. When I got to the junction (coming onto Regent Road) the inside lane was shut off and a transit van was parked up with policemen all over it. With this being on the edge of Salford I just though someone had been carjacked or crashed etc. Although I noticed there was no damage.

Anyway I didn't think much of it until I saw my car on the news later when I got back home.

Unfortunately I was driving so couldn't get and shots of the incident (bugger could have sold them to the evening news).

The main story was :-
Twelve men, suspected of links to al Qaeda, have been arrested as part of a counter-terrorism operation across the North West of England.

They believe the targets could have been football stadiums.

The raids were brought forward because Bob Quick walked out of a parliament meeting with SECRET documents on show that were photographed by the press..

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Im trying to figure out did these guys really have bombs and crap or were they just innocent victims of a police F up?

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Not much being confirmed at the moment but plenty of houses have been raided..

Also an internet cafe and some office buildings..

The documents apparently had suspects names and addresses and that is why they had to bring the raids forward in case the documents were published by the press.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit
Im trying to figure out did these guys really have bombs and crap or were they just innocent victims of a police F up?

Guess time will tell on this one - it's been massive on the news today... Looks like they had to bring the raids froward right after this Charlie Uniform - some say they only brought them foward a matter of hours, some say days or weeks.

Some of the eye witnesses at the university said they were told the two Pakistani Brits had a bomb - they saw 'bottles'.

Would love to know the contents of that page that got snapped by the photographer.

Hope they got the lot - sometimes there are parralel cells that do not communicate because this happens... that would be bad.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Yeah the presumed targets are worrying....

Old Trafford (Manchester United, 75,000 capacity)
Anfield (Liverpool FC, 40,000? capacity not sure of capacity at Anfield) and the Hillsborough anniversary 15th April. That would have been nasty if that would have been the target.

I would say they would have gone for the European cup final for maximum effect..

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I'm confused because the police stop I saw isn't being publicised on the news..

The thing is, the Manchester reports on the news are from Cheetham Hill. I was on the M602 at Salford. Also it was 21.10 and the reports were from earlier in the evening (18.00).

Now, when I got home at approx 22.00. On the 10'oclock news my car was on the footage but nothing about that stop has been mentioned since.

Edit:
Found the footage (but I've been edited.. LOL)
The last 15 seconds of the video from here..

Last Terror Arrest M602

[edit on 8/4/2009 by UKWO1Phot]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Any chance of seeing that document?

I checked wiki leaks, but nothing there.

S.

top topics

join