It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family Is a Great Option for the Lonely and Elderly

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Widowed 35 years of marriage, Wais says her new family has helped her feel less alone and it allows her help a struggling family.

Recently a family of three moved in with Jeanine Wais-Sullivan, 70, when they lost their house in Richmond, Calif. Widowed two years ago after 35 years of marriage, Wais says the new living arrangement has helped her feel less alone and it allows her to help a struggling family who has become her own. Wais spoke with New America Media writer, Carolyn Ji Jong Goossen.

San Francisco -- My husband passed away two years ago -- we were married 35 years. It was after he stopped smoking and drinking that he had a heart attack. Before he died, he was in the hospital for a month and a half suffering from diabetes, congestive heart failure, and low blood pressure.

Soon after his death, I found an opportunity to gain a new family by helping one: Lidia Gomez Ramirez, her husband, Pedro Ramirez, and their son, Johnny, moved in with me in December 2007.

news.ncmonline.com...

Many families have the opportunity to adopt children & elderly folks. It's so nice to know certain people are still willing to reach out to kind-strangers, no matter how old they may be.

Mod Note: Breaking General News Posting Guidelines- Please Review This Link

And most importantly, the submission must be made via the Submit News Button
located on the toolbar at the top of the page.

Including a working link is a must for News Forum starts.

[edit on Fri Apr 10 2009 by Jbird]

join