It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Bow's to Saudi, then Backpedals...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Obama is seen in this video clearly bowing to Saudi royalty. But then when asked about it, denies it, and says hes simply reached for his hands.

www.youtube.com...

oops i just found a thread on this, sorry for the repost.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 8-4-2009 by dkman222]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by dkman222
Obama is seen in this video clearly bowing to Saudi royalty. But then when asked about it, denies it, and says hes simply reached for his hands.

www.youtube.com...

oops i just found a thread on this, sorry for the repost.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 8-4-2009 by dkman222]

Here is a better, shorter video:

Google Video Link

Bowing:

simple.wikipedia.org...
Bowing was originally a gesture (a movement of the body) which showed deep respect for someone. In European cultures bowing to someone is now only done in very formal situations, e.g. when meeting the Queen or someone very high and important.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

thanks much for trying to help, but unfortunately that link isn't working

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Not a big deal to me, he probably understands culture better then the rest of us since he is Muslim ( per many )

I recall GWB and GHB touching on him and stuff, GW used to look like they were going to elope.

I find the daily smear cute mind you - last one was Michele touched the queen

Whats next???

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
It's not really a big deal that he bowed. It is respectful .

The Big deal is that he lied and denied it.

Why would he deny it if it wasn't a big deal , unless there is something else behind it.

I would love for Obama to do a live interview and the host shows the clip of him bowing like 5 straight times and see if Obama deny's he is bowing.

He reached for his hand and then bowed very low I mean that was the most obvious bow I've seen since I watched the last samuri.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
He probably realized what he had done and decided to undo it, and he just may get away with it too with a little help from the media.
Repeat something over and over and it soon becomes true but with all that bowing you would think he could develop a backbone.

new topics

top topics

join