It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House invites gay families to Easter event

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   

White House invites gay families to Easter event

www.google.com

The White House is allocating tickets for the upcoming Easter Egg Roll to gay and lesbian families as part of the Obama administration's outreach to diverse communities.Families say the gesture shows that the new Democratic administration values them as equal to other families.

And for many, being included in the annual tradition — dating to 1878 — renews hope that they will have more support in their quest for equal rights in matters such as marriage and adoption than under the previous administration.On Tuesday,gays and lesbians gained another victory when Vermont joined Connecticut, Massachusetts and Iowa in giving gay couples the right to marry. In the District of Columbia, the council voted to recognize gay marriages performed in other states.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
The world's most infamous foreign-born puppet-dictator, Barry Soetoro: wants to play both sides of the debate between common law-abiding citizens & people, who protest against common-laws (such as those, who think marriage is properly defined as a same-sex union).

That's why he was selected to be a puppet-dictator: to deceive all voters & pretend as if he's trying to make the world a better place for all of them. He knows the proper-definition of marriage, but he'd rather play ignorant when he's confronted by both christians & heathens. Judging from his past encounters with former boyfriends & personal sex-slaves, he's a homosexual. Yet, he poses as a "Christian", at times (especially when he's trying to impress his masters by role-playing like they trained him to do).

Maybe, he'll stop acting like he's a Christian, when his masters tell him to drop the act because billions of people know he's not following the teachings of "Jesus Christ", anyway.

There's no such thing as a christian president. There are plenty homosexual presidents, who pose as christians & muslims though.

Inauguration Invite: Gay Rights Groups Outraged At Choice

Bernard Whitman, democratic strategist and political pollster, discusses President Elect Obama's controversial choice of pastor Rick Warren to give the invocation at his Presidential Inauguration

www.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 8-4-2009 by News And History]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
How is this news?

Who cares if gays are being invited to the white house for an event. My god people are sensationlising this far too much.

He invited PEOPLE not gays or straights.

What a bunch of bs.

~Keeper

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
So what??!!
Gay people cant participate in Easter eagg hunts too????

Straight families are no better then Gay families

I cant even stand Mr. Obama, but I dont see this as a bad thing. And from what I see all around me, Easter isnt even practiced in a religious way anymore. Colored egss and bunnies and OH MY GOD - GAY PEOPLE at the White House.

I will say that it should be open to families in general. All should be welcome regardless of race, marital status or what gender they choose to be in a relationship with.

This is the least of my concerns. Much lower then my concern of who the President even is right now.

[edit on 4/8/2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Going back to Bill's don't ask don't tell policy, I see disaster on the horizon.
When I was in, nobody cared, now the pols have made an issue out of sexual preferance.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Well, what a treat! Treat for you, treat for me. I don't have to say a THING; it's all been said here better than I would have.

Nothing to see here; move along, you.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Okay, I really can't help myself. I kept reading your reply and thinking...... "what a GREAT Easter egg hunt that would be."

I do an Easter egg-o-fest for my Bride every year. Outside. Yah. We both have fun.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Inviting people to a party celebrating Jesus based on someones sex life is mentally retarded. "Hey, you like Jesus and you like having sex with this guy over here. Why not come to my Easter party since you have sex with that guy?" Obama is a crazed lunatic who is turning people's sexual preferences in some kind of freak show.

Attempted pandering to Christians while pandering to homosexuals does not mix. If someone told me: "Hey you're straight why don't you come to my hetrosexual dinner. I'd wonder what was wrong with them because that would be ridiculous." True its not news but its annoying to have to hear.

I have to doubt this was reported correctly, because if so Obama would enjoy discrimination based on sexual orientation. And he would never do that he is "the one" because Oprah said so.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   

The world's most infamous foreign-born puppet-dictator, Barry Soetoro:

When a thread starts like this, you know it's going to be a weird one

While I can't say I am delighted with everything the administration's been doing, this doesn't bother me in the least.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   
You mean a man and man, in the white house all touchy kissy???

FELONY!

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Gay families were invited to the 2006 Easter Egg hunt. So what's the big deal?

Much like the Bush-haters, the Obama-haters will find anything to criticize him or his administration.

join