It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran masters nuclear fuel production?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Iran masters nuclear fuel production?

www.presstv.ir

"I will have good nuclear news for the Iranian nation tomorrow," President Ahmadinejad said in a Wednesday speech to the people of Isfahan.

Media reports have speculated that the Iranian president will make an announcement regarding the final date set for the official launch of the Bushehr power plant.

Tehran says its nuclear program is only aimed at generating electricity for its growing population.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Looks like they might give a date for when that nuclear power plant will be starting up. That would make it easier to see when Israel might be attacking Iran to attempt to stop them.

After that, the ensuing battle should be exciting to watch. I wonder if they've got reporters in Iran so that we can have a front row seat.

www.presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Maybe the timewave zero thing about april 17th is them getting attacked that starts WW3

Or.... they are actually just making electricity and like North Korea the world will do nothing.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   

After that, the ensuing battle should be exciting to watch. I wonder if they've got reporters in Iran so that we can have a front row seat.

Yeah. Millions dying. So fun.

Attacking Iran would mean counter attack on Israel, meaning, depending on the damage, a nuclear counterstrike, meaning... hell.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   

[I]Originally posted by whoshotJR
Or.... they are actually just making electricity and like North Korea the world will do nothing.

I’m no Israel/USA Gvt or NWO fan,
But Iran are not building common power plants deep inside mountains and in massive structures.

They are trying to build the ultimate defense, they would be stupid not to be.

Its more the west picking and choosing this as a reason.
I mean, if we were genuine about stopping rogue nations developing nukes, we would of gone after Israel a long time ago.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Just keep in mind that Iran is making nuclear FUEL and not weaponised material. Iran is incapable of producing weaponised material and not only the IAEA agrees with this, but all 16 US intelligence agencies also concur. There is a HUGE difference between nuclear FUEL and weaponised material.

Iran is a signed member of the Nuclear Non Proliferation treaty and thus is allowed to make use of nuclear power, in fact the US is obligated by that agreement to assist Iran in producing nuclear power plants.

Israel, who refuses to sign the Nuclear Non Proliferation treaty, along with Pakistan India and North Korea, is also guilty of selling US nuclear weapon material to China. Israel is the one whos Nuclear arsenal we should be concerned with.

If Israel chooses to attack Iran simply because they are making electricity, then the world should react quite strongly against Israeli aggression.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I agree Terapin,
But, Iran are not idiots.
These people invented Algebra.

Anyone can make nuclear fuel in plant [A] and show it to the world,
while plant [B] buried in the mountain and secret is making anything it pleases.

I know the US con'd the world with Iraq, but Iran is a real regional superpower with the means and ability to make nuclear weapons.

Nkorea did it, and Iran are far more advanced than they are.
Iran and Nkorea are quite close, and im pretty sure that Nkorea would of given Iran material even the means to build something.

Hell, the US believed the Russians in cuba were weeks away from activating their dozen nukes, turns out the 30-50 plus were already active and able.

The US gets a lot of this stuff wrong.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

The US has gotten many things wrong in the past. The thing is though, making weaponised material is a whole different ball game than simply making fuel. It is a great deal more complicated and even Israel has stated that it would be easy to tell if Iran was producing weaponised material, and that they are currently incapable of doing so. The equipment needed is very complex and not at all easy to make.

Iran is a very capable nation, They are producing a Geothermal power plant which should come online soon. They have a large number of Wind Farms and are making more. Iran is the only nation in the mid east producing wind turbines, and they are helping other nations to build Wind Farms. They are also investing in modern Solar technology, as their goal is to reduce the costs of generating power, increase generating capacity and, reduce their oil use, so that more can be exported for profit. We should also keep in mind than Iran has been under economic embargo for some time now and that makes any kind of advanced technological endeavor all the more difficult. Making weaponised material is currently beyond their capacity, simply because they can not get the specialized material needed to even begin the process.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 01:53 AM
link   
It's hilarious how when Ehud Olmert, Ehud Barak or Netanyahu claims they're going "attack Iran", "use any means necessary", "the Nuclear option is not off the table", "we will prevail, Iran will lose", "Iran is the root of all evil" etc.

No one believes a word of it. In fact, they'll explicitly point out that what a President says, doesn't reflect what the country wants.

BUT, when Ahmadinejad says he's going to "wipe Israel off the map", "successfully produce Nuclear weapons", "Nuclear energy is everyone's god-given right" etc... it's absolutely INFALLIBLE.
It's 100% conclusive proof of the Iranian threat.

Ahmadinejad for some retarded, illogical reason has more credibility than the very state leaders Israel-apologists support.

Hysterical stuff. Not that half of the Zionists on ATS even realise this.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Godfather of Conspira

BUT, when Ahmadinejad says he's going to "wipe Israel off the map", "successfully produce Nuclear weapons", "Nuclear energy is everyone's god-given right" etc... it's absolutely INFALLIBLE.

This would be a valid argument if it wasn't for the fact that quote # 1 is a misquote (Actual translation was that the Zionist regime would fade), and quote # 2 is a falsification... he's been saying nuclear energy the whole time... not nuclear weapons.

However, yes, he did say every nation should have the right to nuclear energy. And I really can't disagree with that. Oil just isn't as viable an option as it used to be.

[edit on 9-4-2009 by johnsky]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

This would be a valid argument if it wasn't for the fact that quote # 1 is a misquote (Actual translation was that the Zionist regime would fade), and quote # 2 is a falsification... he's been saying nuclear energy the whole time... not nuclear weapons.

That I'm afraid that is known by a minority of people like me and you.

You frequent a lot of Iran threads, hence I don't need to tell you how often these misconceptions keep being thrown around by people who don't realised they've been debunked about 50 times now.

Oil just isn't as viable an option as it used to be.

Especially when you're forbidden from importing more refining equipment by UN Sanctions and even have to ration your own fuel supplies despite sitting atop some very potent fields.

Either give them the refining capacity or nuclear energy for god's sake.

[edit on 9/4/09 by The Godfather of Conspira]

new topics

top topics

join