It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im tired of people ripping on me because I cant think of evidence on the spot

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I often cannot bring up evidence on the spot in a confrontation like this. The best thing to do is tell your friend, "I will get back to you" then collect your evidence and next time you see him just say, "You know we were talking about aliens the other day and I said I would get back to you, we'll I've collected some evidence for you to see" And there you go. If he has valid objections to the evidence then discuss with him, if he's still behaving ignorant, then don't talk about aliens with him. Unfortunately, your friend is in the majority here.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by argentus
Perhaps you can require him to provide research countering the belief in extraterrestrials.

No, can't be done. Disproving aliens is impossible. Proving a negative, you know...

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
I often cannot bring up evidence on the spot in a confrontation like this. The best thing to do is tell your friend, "I will get back to you" then collect your evidence and next time you see him just say, "You know we were talking about aliens the other day and I said I would get back to you, we'll I've collected some evidence for you to see" And there you go. If he has valid objections to the evidence then discuss with him, if he's still behaving ignorant, then don't talk about aliens with him. Unfortunately, your friend is in the majority here.

Workable. I might also suggest that an email exchange would be a way to give the OP time to organize his thoughts and prepare his response.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MurderCityDevil

Yes, you would be laughing until one reptilian actually transcends into your house and eats you. When your family tries to tell others what happened to you, then everyone will laugh at them.

Ridicule is humanity's downfall.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by LazyGuy

I have to thank you. I am one of those names listed there. I haven't ever lied or misrepresented what I've seen, just stated it clearly. Much appreciated. I too, believe in the folks at D.P.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by King neptune117
God hes so ignorant please help me.

There is some convicing film. Witness testimony is important too. IMO the best thing to show a hard core skeptic are the declassified offical govt files.
1952 Chadwell CIA memo etc..

There are dozens of authentic files that should have people asking questions, even if they don't believe in aliens.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by King neptune117

Hes like "OK ROBERT THERES ABSOLUTELY NO EVIDENCE." I told him about the photos and videos and he says that they could all be fake.

Although I dont agree with everything you said....

Tell him if he wants to prove you wrong, to provide a rational reason for his point of view. If he cant think of a good reason, than just let him continue being ignorant and avoid bringing up topics like this when you see him

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I would have definitely eased him into it instead of dropping the bomb. Of course he didn't beleive you, you had nothing to defend yourself with. He could have said anything and gotten away with it because of that. I would collect as much good evidence as I could get my paws on and then show it to him in some sort of order.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Chances are,

When no one is around, he is researching the things you tell him for himself.

These people are skeptics, due to their inquisitive nature, usually these people become the most effective ufo researchers. Go figure.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
You didn't mention the fact that if he believes that the government kills people who rat out alien secrets he in turn believes in aliens? I have friends like this, these are the people who believe things 'never happen' then the next thing you know, they have cancer, or they crash in a car, or get robbed. Ignorance is bliss indeed, some people prefer it that way.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
As it was said on your last thread
You guys need to stop bickering about UFOs. I'll bet there's at least one band that you like and he doesn't? The UFO thing is just the same. If he isn't interested, he isn't interested. You can't make people change their views and nobody on ATS has that magic ability either. Maybe it's time you started talking about sport, cars, women or whatever?

At this rate, the next thread will be, "My friend won't speak to me."

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

ok well you guys heres the problem. He just refuses to look at anything I show him. When I found the nellis AFB video (indeed spectacular if you ask me) he just blew it off he was "Ok Robert you seriuously need to stop researching ufo's all day, none of its real." as if thats ALL that i do.

And you know what he says about the disclosure project? he says "how do we even know they were in the military or nasa or anything important."

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Who falgs these threads? Lol this king Neptune kid sounds like a big cry baby who gets mad when someone disagrees with him.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Repost

[edit on 10-4-2009 by Chovy]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I don't think it is as important to prove to everyone you seen a UFO...

Thats your's and was for you, no one else.

Thats why thru our nativity we cannot understand them..

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Sometimes the best approach is to work things in reverse. The best thing you could tell your friend is that you will give up your belief in UFOs when he can prove to you that they don't exist.

If he's bothered enough by your belief in it he might actually try to debunk them all. In his quest to do so, he will realize that there is evidence that cannot be explained away no matter how hard you try.

Case in point: The Battle of Los Angeles, circa 1945.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by King neptune117

reptilians are humorous, you have to admit that

as for UFO's there is actual physical evidence in the form of implants that several people provided that were tested and determined to be of an unknown material

look up Dr. Leir

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reptilians are real, that guy, reptile, is in mortal kombat games. and greys are real too, hes in that cartoon american dad and that show x-files. plus all those alien species in star wars and star trek.

seriously though, there is no proof of actual aliens, of greys and reptilians or whatever, being here on this planet. all we got proof of aliens is the 5 - 10% unexplainable phenomena we get from the stars.

testimonial isnt enough, drawings of aliens is just ridiculous, and old carvings from an old temple is just over analyzing.

if this was like 2000 yrs ago, and someone see something weird in the sky, it could easily be misinterpreted as god doing his thingy.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Just remember, if somebody really really just absolutely does not want to believe something, you can provide them with the best evidence out there, and there's still a chance that, even if they accepted it at first because it was so convincing they'll STILL manage to find a reason to disregard it. (i am not talking specifically about UFOs or anything, just in general)
Human's are talented like that.
I wouldn't waste your energy on them (people like that I mean).

What I hate is the crap I get for just being open to something. I don't necessarily believe in something yet but I refuse to sit there and say "Oh there's no way in hell, that's absurd, only crazies believe that stuff!!!" And so I catch hell for it. Sometimes people are downright hostile or condescending, you'd think it hit a nerve or shot them full of terror...it's odd.
Some don't seem to understand that not everything is black and white, sometimes it is a long long process of learning, finding new info, weighing evidence, on an ongoing basis before you say you do or don't believe something.
But if I say I'm undecided, then people jump on demanding proof like they have a right to bash me for it because I'm not on the 'that's bull!' side of the fence with them.
(so far I am not referring to anyone on ATS in my experience, don't worry...)

You have to get a thick skin, or just....not find it to be your personal responsibility to change his mind if he's clearly not open to it.
I think that a lot of people have trouble opening their minds to certain possibilities, because feeling like you understand precisely the way things are and what does and doesn't exist in your reality gives you a sense of control, security and orientation of your self and surroundings...it's hard to shift away from that, it can be a real shake-up.
Your friend just needs to be abducted, then he'll be just fine. Save yourself the trouble and leave it up to the aliens to convince him!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join