It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Theory of theories regarding 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Every time I have heard someone talk about 2012 I have heard similar things mentioned. Global Consciousness, Self-aware robots, massive amounts of death (Some have predicted a 95% mortality rate). I feel that the theory I am about to present incorporates all these possible scenarios. Although I have no "proof" to back my assumptions, I feel that my idea is worth consideration.

We have recently been witnessing the rapid increase in human communication by means of technology, social networking sites, etc. As technology improves, and the transfer of information becomes easier, ways of accessing each other and communicating will be much easier. I feel that we are approaching a time when human interaction and computer infrastructure will become a single entity. Techno-savvy humans will begin to integrate themselves into computer networks more seamlessly than ever before. Whether this comes by means of brain implants or not, I am not sure, but over time connectivity between humans will become unimaginably complex. This will ultimately give birth to the "global consciousness" we have heard so many talk about. Instantaneous transferring of ideas across the world wide web will create a whole new era of human/computer symbiosis.

Those this can be seen as a global consciousness, since it is also based in the realm of computer networking, many could describe it as being a computer that has become "self aware". Like all computer programs, networks, and systems however, there are bound to be certain flaws and anomalies that are encountered. The computer system that mankind has plugged themselves into will fail, inextricably killing the vast number of people who are connected to it. The only people who will survive this catastrophic event will be the tribal/indigenous people found in the Amazonian basin and other remote areas.

The Mayans predicted that the cyclical Bak'tun calendar system will reset on this date. Once everyone who was plugged into the network dies, our global culture will "reset" to an era where tribal cultures and societies are the only feasible means of survival.
In conclusion, my theory incorporates many aspects we have all heard already in a manner which I don't believe has been proposed before. Though I don't know whether 122112 will be the date where humans are integrated into the network, or the date of the failure, I do believe that something will take place on that date.

Thank you for reading and feel free to share your thoughts on this idea.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
So you are saying in the next 2.5 to 3 years most humans on the planet will get a brain implant to connect into the internet? Catch you later I am going to sign up for Brain Surgery school.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
What if it's not an implant, but an technological device that the user "wears"? That technology does not even seem sci-fi, to me. In fact, if I was an investor, I think I would be looking into this.

O-315

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
no theres absolutely no proof or evidence that this is even starting to happen, and just because the internet has been here for years doesn't mean everyone gets brain chips.
Where do you even get this idea from? Some of the 2012 theories actually have some evidence to them but it seems here that you just took the idea of the thread where the guy said "the first computer will come alive" (which is also not going to happen).
How do you think the Mayans would have predicted something relating to computers would happen, which didn't even exist at the time? A 2012 even would have to be something the Mayans could have predicted based on what they knew. The global consciousness thing you speak of could be it, as long as it has nothing to do with computers.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
You know what is a much, much better theory?

That all 2012 theories are BS.

See you in 2013, same as 2009.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
The "eschaton" could very well be an idea who's time has come, a spiritual archetype, represented as a final object to which all ideas aspire to as an ideal.

If you are familiar with the writings and prophecy of Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

www.mythosandlogos.com...

Phenomenon of Man
www.amazon.com...

You will note that the idea presented by the original poster is precisely what he had in mind although in this instance, and in my mind, the final "bifurcation" involves the realization of a globalized Christ consciousness, or oneness with the spirit of God enveloping the world from all angles and perspectives. Atonement (at one ment).

In fact, he is touted as the first to prophecy about a global internet!

It is my impression that we are all beginning to participate cocreatively in a shared dream who's root and source or what Jung called the "rizome" is the very ground of all being and becoming that we all share at core.

Separation is the illusion.

So no, we don't need to get "plugged in" in any physical way, only spiritual, which is to be true to one's self, love God above all (first/last cause, by Love and for Love) and neighbor as self (we are one in spirit).

I believe that essentially, we are running out of ideas, out of time, and things to do, whereby there is only one idea, one time, and only one thing worth doing remaining to be experienced collectively, and when we arrive there, that's the end of the world and the end of history (as we know it) bearing in mind that the end is but the beginning of the end of one beginning and the beginning of a new one.

We will come to see I think that everything is made of light, and love by and for the sake of light and love, and that we all share the same ground of being and becoming as part of one human family, and universally, one HUMUNGOUS family of God, who all share in common an experience of life, where life meets life in abundance unto an overflowing in eternity.

It is the end of time, we are fast approaching, which only means that we will come into the fullness of the presence of the eternally unfolding present moment, of now.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I know technology is geting to advance you buy something right know few days or weeks the the gadget is not update it's so amazing. Do i don't believe we will die because we are in front of the computer and i don't whant my brain be stuck with computer. lolz

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by 401d d1
Every time I have heard someone talk about 2012 I have heard similar things mentioned. Global Consciousness, Self-aware robots, massive amounts of death (Some have predicted a 95% mortality rate). I feel that the theory I am about to present incorporates all these possible scenarios. Although I have no "proof" to back my assumptions, I feel that my idea is worth consideration....

The computer system that mankind has plugged themselves into will fail, inextricably killing the vast number of people who are connected to it. The only people who will survive this catastrophic event will be the tribal/indigenous people found in the Amazonian basin and other remote areas....

Once everyone who was plugged into the network dies, our global culture will "reset" to an era where tribal cultures and societies are the only feasible means of survival... Though I don't know whether 122112 will be the date where humans are integrated into the network, or the date of the failure, I do believe that something will take place on that date.

Why do you believe that this model warrants any further consideration? Since you admit that there is no evidence-- only hearsay-- to support your ideas, where are you getting all these details from? What do you actually know about the end of the Mayan civilization? Why are you so quick to discount more rational explanations for the dates encompassed by the Mayan calendar (i.e., astronomical significance)? I can't make sense of anything you said so if you could please explain why you believe what you do, I think that will significantly enhance the quality of this thread. Did you just make all of this up so see how people would respond to it?

I guess I've just had it up to here (hand above head) with all these 2012 claims. It's like "Chicken Little" for grown-ups in here.
Just because a lot of people want to believe in something, doesn't make it fact. After 2012, I have every ounce of faith that a new date for the end of the world will be set, and it too shall pass as uneventfully as 2012.

Perhaps the question I should be asking is, "Why do you feel so compelled to believe that the world as we know it is coming to an end?"
What need is being fulfilled by investing so much time and energy in this belief?

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
well I think we're a bit too close to 2012 to become computers and I have no idea if something will happen on that date or not.Anymore than anyone else does.The only thing I have to say about it is mother nature has it's own way of taking care of planet earth.She got rid of the dinosaurs and many other species over the years.I am no tree hugger so I do hope 2012 will be the end of life as we know it.In fact it would not bother me if she eradicated human beings all together.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I believe, since we live in a non-local holographic and spiritual universe, that all the HEB's (highly evolved beings) out there, know at least in part SOMETHING about this place we call Earth, since it's probably a point of cosmic good and evil, spiritually speaking, probably a source of much controversy in fact. Therefore, I believe that we have a LOT of other planetary civilizations and HEB's of varying levels of advancement, the least of whom are so far beyond our present state that it would defy imagination to even begin to comprehend what they know about life, God, etc. - actively PRAYING for our world, in whatever way they know how, or in whatever way is permitted by the highest PTB in the universe. So there's a LOT of positive energy being directed our way, as we approach this superdeterministic spacetime event horizon. That is, if there is such a thing as non-local transluminal interconnectedness, but even we now know this is true, though we've yet to connect the dots in terms of the farthest reaching implications of such a cosmic and spiritual reality.

So let the world of the Dick Cheney's and Big Bankers and Big Oil and Big War Machine be cast into the abyss..! We don't need that # no more, to put it succinctly.

In the kingdom of heaven, the higher, or more powerful always comes to SERVE what is lower, to raise what is low on up, to increasing higher heights!

We need to begin thinking upside down to the way we've been, and take on a whole new way of being and of relating. The time has come.

[edit on 8-4-2009 by OmegaPoint]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I like your theory but you're thinking too far out side the box. Consider this, if a global catastrophy did occur, how many people in the world do you think are prepared to take care of themselves in the most basic and primal ways of survival? With no government, no economy, no functioning society to give them food and water, how many people do you think would survive?

I'd be willing to bet more than half the worlds population (that survived said 'catastrophy') would die within a few months without simple supplied necessities. There would be many who could last for a while, but I am sure mental conditions would arise that would even further cripple the population.

I wouldn't go as far as 95% mortality, but I would definately say that most of the people you know (and maybe you) would not survive a society that doesn't cater your needs.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Okay I've been wondering if anyone else has seen this, i am sure this will slip through the cracks but, Here:

Month day year 122112 Right

now there are 3 1's and 3 2's

so what... 3x1 (or 1+1+1) is 3
3x2 (or 2+2+2) is 6

36 or 63
>> >
36/3 is 12 there are 3 12's in this arrangement 12 21 12

or..
>

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   
63/ 3 is 21 also 3 21 in the arrangement 12 21 12

posted on Aug, 27 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by organism315
What if it's not an implant, but an technological device that the user "wears"? That technology does not even seem sci-fi, to me. In fact, if I was an investor, I think I would be looking into this.

so your saying im gonna have to wear a device along with the implant(s) in my head?

O-315

new topics

top topics

join