It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Turkey, Obama Reaches Out to Muslim World

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Would you rather have a president who can reach out and relate to Muslim leaders and Muslim countries, or one who insults, antagonizes and demeans them? Which approach is more likely to result in peaceful and productive negotiations?

I'm constantly amazed at how people like you can take every good quality a president has and make it seem like something evil. What is un-Christian about his diplomacy?

In fact, Obama both had Muslim members of his family and at one point lived in Indonesia, a predominantly Muslim country. That was well-known before the election and he never made pretenses otherwise.

He is still not a Muslim.

Nonetheless, that accusation keeps coming up again and again on ATS like the zombies in some old horror movie. There is no truth in it. It should have died months ago.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sestias
reply to post by sos37

Would you rather have a president who can reach out and relate to Muslim leaders and Muslim countries, or one who insults, antagonizes and demeans them? Which approach is more likely to result in peaceful and productive negotiations?

I'm constantly amazed at how people like you can take every good quality a president has and make it seem like something evil. What is un-Christian about his diplomacy?

In fact, Obama both had Muslim members of his family and at one point lived in Indonesia, a predominantly Muslim country. That was well-known before the election and he never made pretenses otherwise.

He is still not a Muslim.

Nonetheless, that accusation keeps coming up again and again on ATS like the zombies in some old horror movie. There is no truth in it. It should have died months ago.

Sestias, you must not have read the entire thread. Your rant is way off base. No one is trying to twist anything in this thread. In fact it was admitted long ago in the thread that Obama didn't admit he was a Muslim but rather had Muslims in his family.

And I would like for you to show me where I, in this thread, took a good quality that Obama showed and tried to turn it into something evil.

I've made this challenge now to you, to Heather, to the previous poster attacking me and I will make the challenge to others who do it later on. The fact is YOU CANNOT SHOW where I have preached down about Obama in this thread related to his remark about having Muslims in his family. The closest I've come is when I stated that Obama is a liar and at least I can prove that by showing where he's gone back on a number on his campaign promises.

You guys really can't stop villifying anyone that claims to be conservative or against Obama's policies, can you? If you're not with Obama you must be EVIL! And you call neo-cons ignorant, small minded people?

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join