It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In Turkey, Obama Reaches Out to Muslim World

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

i don't take drugs and i read what you wrote. more inane false accusations because i've disagreed with the OP.
you stated i was of a certain kind, you presumed to know what goes on in my head.
instead of reading an article. why not search for the actual videotaped speech.
quit while you're behind. you don't know me at all.
again, have an okay day.

[edit on 4/9/2009 by heather65]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Sounds like you are playing the "poor me" role to a bit of an extreme today. I recommend medication and maybe a bit of electrochock to calm those frazzled nerves. God help anyone who actually gives a damn about you.

honey, i'm far from playing a victim role.
you are the delusional one.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Seriously guys,

Obama was probably trained years ago to become a future president. They wouldn't have let him become one if he really was a muslim. What he meant in this speech is that he has members in his family who are muslim. Thats all...

Hope someday all the people of the world understands how freedom limting all the religions of the world are. Imagine all the people breakaway from their religions..(too much Lenonnny)..

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Why the hell does it matter?

Aren't you supposed to have religious freedom in the USA? Or is that only as long as you pick the "right" religion?

Would you be as bothered if he was openly Atheist? Or Buddhist? Or Hindu?

Given your history on ATS and general attitude towards anything not White, christian and Made in USA, I'd say this is another (albeit thinly veiled..nice pun..hehe) Anti-Muslim attack. It wouldn't be the first by a long shot...

Besides, only someone with great difficulty reading English would think that the statement below is an admission of being Muslim.

He is clearly just saying he has either muslim family members or lived in a Muslim country. He did live in Indonesia, after all!

"that many Americans have Muslims in their family, or have lived in a Muslim-majority country. I know," Obama said, drawing applause from the lawmakers, "because I am one of them."

Honestly, some people will look for any shred of nonsense to back up their equally nonsensical ideas.

[edit on 9/4/09 by stumason]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason
reply to post by centurion1211

Why the hell does it matter?

Aren't you supposed to have religious freedom in the USA? Or is that only as long as you pick the "right" religion?

Would you be as bothered if he was openly Atheist? Or Buddhist? Or Hindu?

Given your history on ATS and general attitude towards anything not White, christian and Made in USA, I'd say this is another (albeit thinly veiled..nice pun..hehe) Anti-Muslim attack. It wouldn't be the first by a long shot...

Besides, only someone with great difficulty reading English would think that the statement below is an admission of being Muslim.

He is clearly just saying he has either muslim family members or lived in a Muslim country. He did live in Indonesia, after all!

"that many Americans have Muslims in their family, or have lived in a Muslim-majority country. I know," Obama said, drawing applause from the lawmakers, "because I am one of them."

Honestly, some people will look for any shred of nonsense to back up their equally nonsensical ideas.

Put down your pint for a few minutes and I'll try and say this AGAIN slowly for you.

It is not an issue of religious freedom. How many people have to tell you that before it sinks in? It is a matter of the way obama was "packaged" during the campaign to make him appear to be Christian and thus more palatable to the American voters. The voters were once again lied to and sold a bill of goods. THAT'S WHY THE HELL IT MATTERS ....

Oh, and so "only someone with great difficulty reading English would think" you are not trying to call me a racist in a sort of cowardly way ...

Pick up your pint now and go worry about what is going on in the UK for awhile ...

[edit on 4/9/2009 by centurion1211]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Put down your pint for a few minutes and I'll try and say this AGAIN slowly for you.

Ha, I'm at work mate. No beer allowed! It's also funny imagining you typing really slowly, for my benefit...

It is not an issue of religious freedom. How many people have to tell you that before it sinks in? It is a matter of the way obama was "packaged" during the campaign to make him appear to be Christian and thus more palatable to the American voters. The voters were once again lied to and sold a bill of goods. THAT'S WHY THE HELL IT MATTERS ....

But what if he is Christian? This quote is certainly not an admission of anything, unless you're looking for something that isn't there.

I also don't understand why the hell he had to be "packaged as a Christian" to make him "palatable to the American voters".

Why the fudge does it matter what religion he is, surely he should be elected based solely upon his policies and ideology? Who the hell votes based on what religion someone is?

Oh, and so "only someone with great difficulty reading English would think" you are not trying to call me a racist in a sort of cowardly way ...

Your veiled religious bigotry required a veiled accusation. When you've been clear in your bigotry, I've been clear in my accusations. I've seen enough of your posts on ATS to know how you really feel about anyone who isn't a WASP

Pick up your pint now and go worry about what is going on in the UK for awhile ...

Ok, then I'll assume you'll never be seen in any thread that touches on the UK then? Fairs fair, after all....

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

The point is, Obama packaged himself as a Christian during the election. So now we are wondering if he's packaging himself as something else, indicating that he was lying to voters during the election or possibly lying now. The two religions, Christianity and Muslim are not compatible beliefs.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by heather65
reply to post by sos37

i don't take drugs and i read what you wrote. more inane false accusations because i've disagreed with the OP.
you stated i was of a certain kind, you presumed to know what goes on in my head.
again, have an okay day.

Oh yeah, I labeled you of a certain kind - that kind being the LIBERAL kind. You stink of a liberal because you support Obama, unconditionally. There's no denying that no matter how much you want to cry "you don't know me you don't know me". Your own words give you away.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37
The point is, Obama packaged himself as a Christian during the election. So now we are wondering if he's packaging himself as something else, indicating that he was lying to voters during the election or possibly lying now. The two religions, Christianity and Muslim are not compatible beliefs.

Your last line there indicates that you do in fact harbour some deep seated bigotry against Islam. This is obviosuly influencing you with regards to Obama's "packaging", even though the quote in the OP is quite clear and is not an admission of anything except that he has lived amongst Muslims.

Again, I really fail to see how religion should have any bearing on how you vote. Surely US politics isn't that shallow? Should you not vote according to political beliefs and the candidates policies, rather than what fairy tale nonsense written by illiterate goat-herders they do, or do not, believe in?

EDIT: Ironically, I miss spelt illiterate....

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   

o
Again, I really fail to see how religion should have any bearing on how you vote. Surely US politics isn't that shallow?

Unfortunately, it is. It really is. Nobody can be elected to office without being a christian. Our "freedom of religion" rule is just as shallow. We, generally speaking, are a large group of puritans in modern clothes.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   

reply to post by sos37

again, have an okay day.

Oh yeah, I labeled you of a certain kind - that kind being the LIBERAL kind. You stink of a liberal because you support Obama, unconditionally. There's no denying that no matter how much you want to cry "you don't know me you don't know me". Your own words give you away.

Yes Heather your a liberal
I know your kind

Thats like saying 37 and OP smell a tad bit of racist and redneck conservative because of your words and your lack of support for Obama

Hey maybe your method works?

Cause you sure sound like a bigot racist conservative - Anti liberal - Anti Islam???

Are you one of THOSE who stand on the corners with Anti ( insert ) signs over there in Kentucky???

"bern them Liberals"

"Theirs is a special place in hell for Liberals"

no, no not you two !!!!

Of course I'm just using your approximation, via the method you applied to Heather...

Your own words give you away...

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Your last line there indicates that you do in fact harbour some deep seated bigotry against Islam. This is obviosuly influencing you with regards to Obama's "packaging", even though the quote in the OP is quite clear and is not an admission of anything except that he has lived amongst Muslims.

Again, I really fail to see how religion should have any bearing on how you vote. Surely US politics isn't that shallow? Should you not vote according to political beliefs and the candidates policies, rather than what fairy tale nonsense written by illiterate goat-herders they do, or do not, believe in?

Yes US politics is that Shallow

Fear fear fear fear

these fellows are MCPALIN sore + sour LOSERS,( the election )

DIDN'T you guys hear across the pond?

There are REAL AMERICANS and FAKE AMERICANS

Just ask PALIN and her poor sport ILK

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I went into that video expecting to agree with the OP.

But I don't.

He said that many Americans were in families with Muslims.

I'll quote. "Many other Americans have Muslims in their families or have lived in a Muslim-majority country. I know because I am one of them."

He didn't say he was a Muslim at all! Stop letting political ideologies influence your interpretation of simple statements. Dislike Obama for real reasons, not ones you invent.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by sos37

ultimately what you think isn't important.
you have not succeeded in bullying me off the thread by using the dreaded "L" word.
you couldn't be further from the truth...as usual.
but, that's neither here nor there at the end of the day.
you've chosen to stray off topic and engage in name-calling in place of a rational debate.

what you've gleaned from president obama's words are obviously wrong.
i can't put it much more plainly.

i think i'll watch some paint dry.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   

reply to post by sos37

ultimately what you think isn't important.
you have not succeeded in bullying me off the thread by using the dreaded "L" word.
you couldn't be further from the truth...as usual.
but, that's neither here nor there at the end of the day.
you've chosen to stray off topic and engage in name-calling in place of a rational debate.

what you've gleaned from president obama's words are obviously wrong.
i can't put it much more plainly.

i think i'll watch some paint dry.

Yeah, sure. Whatever. Denial is a sad thing. You can keep denying all you want but like I said, your words clearly give you away.

And I'm not trying to bully anyone - again that's you trying to play the victim role in a situation that doesn't exist.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Okay so how do you get bigotry out of the line saying that Christianity and Islam aren't compatible? I challenge you to prove me wrong on that assertion.

In fact, Islam rejects that Jesus Christ was the incarnate of God. Islam believes that Christ was just an ordinary man who was a messenger of God, which is completely off from what Christianity believes.

So how can you sit there and say that I'm a bigot when that's a verifiable fact about the two religions? At no point did I make statements favoring one religion over another. I didn't even make a statement saying you needed to consider religion when you voted.

What you're doing is twisting my words or completely misunderstanding what I'm saying.

My point, and the point of the Original poster, is that Obama possibly is misrepresenting himself to potential voters to acquire votes. Meaning it's possible he's been caught in a lie. The fact that this has to do with religion is beside the point. It may have had to do with the fact that he said he was a Mason or a School Board member when before the election he said he never was those things.

Do you get it now???

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Kudos to heather65. What Obama said is being taken way out of context. I don't think you even have to be a Liberal to see that.

..We will convey our deep appreciation for the Islamic faith, which has done so much over the centuries to shape the world — including in my own country. The United States has been enriched by Muslim Americans. Many other Americans have Muslims in their families or have lived in a Muslim-majority country — I know, because I am one of them.

[edit on 10-4-2009 by Romania]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   

But in his appearance Monday, the president noted the contributions that Muslim Americans have made to the United States, saying that many Americans "have Muslims in their family, or have lived in a Muslim-majority country."

"I know," Obama said, drawing applause from the lawmakers, "because I am one of them."

So we're going to try and manipulate this to make people who have no will to think for themselves believe that Obama just claimed he's a muslim?

Okay...let's evaluate his words:

"Many americans have muslims in their family, or have lived in a muslim-majority country...i know...because i am one of them"

So what does "them" in this refer to?

Is barack obama saying that he's knows because he's a "Muslim country" ?
Well that'd be silly...he can't be a country.

Is Obama saying that he is a muslim family?
Well he can't be...a family is made up of more than one person.

Oh wait....Could Obama be saying that he's an American who happens to have muslim people in his family tree?

GEE

Anyone who passed 7th grade english class should be able to identify with that statement's structuring.

Anyone who can't get over their hatred of a man simply because THEIR party lost an election......would be in places like ATS spreading the lies and trying to blind those who can easily be made so, in order to get them to believe the deceit.

*shakes head in disgust* seriously. If you hate Obama...atleast find a legitimate reason why and stop making stuff up.

Do you seriously not realize that every time you make up lies about Barack Obama, you only empower him more in the eyes of others?

If the only way you can "defeat" Obama is to make up lies about him....then that makes everyone with 1/2 a brainstem go "oh...well...maybe he's a good guy after all"

[edit on 10-4-2009 by Fremd]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   

reply to post by stumason

no, the point is Obama is the president of a country that has freedom of religion.

If this leader fo the free world were to show blatant favortism to Christianity, then please try to make your brain figure out how that would appear in the eyes of Americans who aren't Christian.

Despite what Fox news tells you, not all Americans are Christians. They're not all white either.

The "point" that you're missing here ist hat Obama is showing tolerance and understanding of the differences that make us all united.

Freedom of Religion. Tolerance of those who are not the same as you.
Thats the direction this country has needed to go for a long long time now.
Thats' the direction Obama is leading it.

If you dont like America....get out.

Originally posted by Johnmike
I went into that video expecting to agree with the OP.

But I don't.

He said that many Americans were in families with Muslims.

I'll quote. "Many other Americans have Muslims in their families or have lived in a Muslim-majority country. I know because I am one of them."

He didn't say he was a Muslim at all! Stop letting political ideologies influence your interpretation of simple statements. Dislike Obama for real reasons, not ones you invent.

My God....i truly am speechless.
Kudos to you johnmike. Im glad there are still republican supporters in this country that can still think for themselves.

[edit on 10-4-2009 by Fremd]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Fremd

Look, I understand that Obama didn't say he was a Muslim. The point of the thread was to ask that question and it was answered some time ago. But the rest of this time has been spent explaining why the statement "Even if he is Muslim so what" is an absurd and ludicrous statement. No where did I ever claim that everyone was Christian in this country, no where did I ever claim that everyone was white. I challenge you to show me where I posted that.

As for loving this country? I have more love for this country in one of my fingertips than you will ever have in your entire body, which I why I refuse to stand by while people like Heather give kudos to a president who continues to make a mockery of this nation. I stuck with this country and stood behind it's leaders these last eight years even though I didn't agree with many of the things they did because I know they were doing what they believed was best for this country. This was a nation recovering after the worst terrorist incident had occured. Perhaps you forgot that. Perhaps you forgot about the many attempts afterward that were thwarted by the Department of Homeland Security. Perhaps YOU forgot what it means to be an American in your profuse hate for "neo-cons" and your love for the left-wing liberals.

So while you ask a fellow countryman to leave on some snyde, crude remark, clearly indicating that you do not value a diversity of opinions - I will not do the same because I value everyone's right to a diversity of opinions in this country, even if they are liberal and wrong.

[edit on 10-4-2009 by sos37]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join