It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bow-ow-ow: Obama's painful missteps

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by samhouston1886

Oh Geez!!!!

Now this is getting ridulous.....stealing children, stealing guns??

Dammit, a bow isn't a sign of submission, it is a sign of respect!! It can also be a gesture of gratitude...ever been to a play?

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Irish M1ck
reply to post by Alxandro

Dude, he held his hand... that was awkward just to watch. You're complaining about a bow but it is okay for Bush to basically date the guy?

Dude, that was ackward for me too, it still gives me the eebie jeebies and I'm still trying to understand why Dubya did that.
Many at the time said it was for gas yet this time they keep quiet.

I wouldn't do it myself but if you think about it, holding hands kinda sends a message that they are both equal.
It would be a different story if he was greeting a Japanese leader or something but an Arab King?
He needs to remember it's no longer about him because he is representing the United States of America.

Bowing symbolizes submission and for a second there I thought he was going to lay on his back and have the King rub his belly.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
He bent down one way, he might as well just bend the other now.

This shows a sign of great weakness to the Muslim world.

en.wikipedia.org...(social)

Bowing to other human beings is frowned upon in Muslim cultures as all human beings are considered equal and bowing is only supposed to be done to God in Islam. Similarly, in Judaism the second of the Ten Commandments is generally interpreted to forbid bowing before anyone but God.

I didn't think there was anything left to ruin, but apparently Obama is finding hidden gems.

[edit on 13-4-2009 by Realtruth]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Let me add my frustrated and amazed voice to the corus:

A cultural nicety is not a big freakin deal. You turn on the AM dial, or browse some people on ATS, and you find people loosing their damn minds over the fact that he bowed.

I would bow if I met the king of a country, just like I would give the president a firm hand shake.

God damnit people are either really stupid or fall for the B.S. smokescreen stories and willingly stay distracted from things that actually matter...

...which also makes them stupid I guess.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Cultural nicety?

Wrong culture, wrong message.

Did you actually read the post directly about yours?

If you know anything about the Muslim culture this is a big no no.

I live amongst the largest population of Arab American in the USA. Their response to this was Obama really screwed up.

Originally posted by spines

A cultural nicety is not a big freakin deal.

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

Fine, he screwed up and gave a bow when he should have shook a hand.

But christ, people are making it out to be something huge. From the way you hear people talking about it you would think he got on his hands and knees and kissed the mans robes.

Damnit, the man is screwing up big in lots of ways (although screwing up implies things aren't going as planned), this is nothing. A B.S. story about something that has no real signifigance to anything.

Everyone needs to drop it, turn off FOX and start finding some real reasons to be put-off with Obama. God damn.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join