It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bow-ow-ow: Obama's painful missteps

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45
There is quite a bit of difference between bowing to the Saudi King,and holding the hand of the dottery old man to keep him steady on his feet.

The Saudi King needs President Bush to hold him up?
Okay that was hilarious.

I suppose a lot of world leaders are helping him keep steady with this hand holding support.

Even Ahmadinejad is pitching in!

Guess that's why he awarded Bush with the highest Saudi honor.
A gold medal!

Because he is such a good "supporter" of the King.
Here he is with a sword from his pals.

If either of those pictures featured Obama in a similar position some folks would be in the streets with pitchforks and torches. Feels like we are regressing to that point soon anyway.

That was funny though.

Seriously...propping up the King.
Like he can't afford a golden cane.

Is that from some conservative talking points?
Is that how you guys are explaining those photos as now?
Helping the handicapped?

Sad...yet silly at the same time.

- Lee

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by earlywatcher

The Queen broke protocol first by touching Michelle's back, so she reciprocated. You could try reading some actual news sites (like the BBC) that report that the Queen was very taken with Michelle, and asked that she stay in touch.

Or you could even read the British tabloids or whatnot, where they were all fawning over Michelle, even after the 'gaffe'. Of course I guess that wouldn't fit in with your "OMG MICHELLE TOUCHED HER BACK LOL".

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
To me it almost looked as if he was 1/2 curtsy and 1/2 bowing like he had no clue. the fact is that both these men are equals and neither should be subservient.

obama's Foreign policy appears to be trying to simply please everyone and kiss everyone’s who we have offended backside. I fear the man has no back bone and thinks he can work things out with the Islamic Barbarians who cling to their religion and suicide vest! Their will never be peace between Muslim’s ,and any other people of the world unless we Submit to their ways of life! Islam is religion that only teaches peace and love to other Muslims and commands them to subdue all other religions until they are in full submission to Islam.

The ideals that our country is founded on are in direct conflict with these people’s beliefs, and people do not give up their religion and beliefs so easily! Obama;s Foreign policy is doomed to failure, our best option is to pull all our troops out every country bring them home, and let the rest of the world police them selves. Let the UN be the worlds Peace Keepers. Allow them to feed the world.

We have our own problems to face at home, its time to stop the American Crusade to spread Democracy. You can not give freedom to people and expect them to appreciate it, as we see in America today we openly lie to our troops no American has fought for our freedom since world war II we are starting to lack the appreciation of our freedoms.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 07:19 PM
link   
How dare he show respect for another culture? How dare he do what is customary? How dare he not shove his americanism down another cultures throat? How dare His wife touch the queen, even thouhg the queen was hugging back?

Give it a rest. Obama did as he was supposed to do. There is NOTHING wrong with showing respect for some one. Being different is not a reason to alienate people or treat them badly. We moved past that mentality for the most part.

He was in another culture and he was trying his best to fit into that culture, instead of (for once) trying to just force everyone else to assimilate to HIS culture. Obama did the right thing.

I am not ashamed to say that I am glad he showed respect by bowing and I would have done the same if I was in some one elses culture.

There is a saying. "when in rome, do as the Romans do." That is exactly what he did.

If you do not like Obama as your president, that is fine, but the least you could do is try to find something that is actually relevant to attack him on. How about offering a real reason that you dislike him, rather than just hating him for the sake of hating him.

That would be wise, after all. Because hating some one for no real reason isnt very well accepted this day and age.

In some places it is custom to shake hands, and in some it is custon to bow. There it is custom to bow in that situation. GET OVER IT, atleast untill you can manage to come up with a real reason to hate the man. Customs are customs and there is nothing wrong with Obama going by another countires customs while he is visting.

[edit on 9-4-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

He is the President of the United States of America, the greatest world power that has ever risen up; strength not for conquest, but to hold back the darkness of the unchecked savagery of tin pot dictators and those that would enslave other men. A nation of people that have made mistakes for certain, but never with intent to take what was not ours, asking no more after freeing the world from those dictators bent on conquest than ground to bury our dead. A nation with a people more giving to the world’s less fortunate then the rest of the world combined; the benevolence of free men and women that are grateful for their blessings. Yes, a people that offer friendship, but are willing to defend freedom with an equal zest.

Our people stopped bowing to kings when we kicked ours across the sea. NEVER, NEVER have we apologized for being Americans to Europe’s sheeple who think themselves free; this is a shameful prostrating of he who has become our national ‘Joke in Chief’.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
wait a Minute if this was a sign of respect to another leader WHY IS HE LIEING ABOUT IT! why claim he was not bowing why not just come out and say yeah I bowed to the guy. Just Admit it. as women say if your husband lies over little crap whats he do over big things!

Obama Is a LIER, he lies so much he has no clue when there is no need to lie!

As for bush I remember this, A friend of mine was a white house intern at the time and heard the the princes hands where so soft President bush just could not let go!

[edit on 4/9/2009 by Verd_Vhett]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Verd_Vhett

Moreover, why do you, and everyone else, care? It's stupid.

Keep digging. I really do believe he will make a real mistake that you guys can exploit soon enough.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Irish M1ck

Its simple If he lies about such little stuff what else has he lied about. Oh we dont have to wait he is screwing up every day by 2010 there is going to be a huge change in power in washington then this country is going to come to a standstill and nothing will get done.

I care because he was clearly showing submision before another nation I am sure it gave a clear impression to the saudi's that Our Islam loving Librial President will let these terorist nations do what ever you want.

Every thing this country stands for is in Direct Conflict with ISLAM, and he is bowing to their King. i swear every past president that is dead has cofin soars from rolling over in there grave over and over and over!

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Verd_Vhett

See! Verd Does have a sense of humor!!!

Soft hands from the representative from Saudi Ariabia....must me the oily emollients......

Just asking....were Arabs' cheeks soft and kissable too????

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Nobody said anything wrong about Bush Bowing. Why? Because it's not a big deal. It shows respect. People like you just lack the ability to see the world for the way it is, instead of the way Sean Hannity tells you it should be.

and while we're talking about inappropriate

There's not one solitary straight man in the world (single or married) who wouldnt like to touch a woman that attractive. This is true.

But he's married and the president, in the public eye. Let's show some restraint, shall we?

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
making excuses for obama is lame. you will never get it

truth be told theres only one person altho its not really a person to bow down before and thats our maker.

there are reasons the us colonies broke from england and one of the main is is no man is above another. NO MAN!

cultural differences or not.

its another sign of weak obama.

i love how fox new is always singled out.

the left is scared of fox for whatever reason.

liberals have cnn,abc,cbs,abc,msnbc to watch and yet its always the big bad fox news . same old song its lame ever.

grow up.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by MurderCityDevil
reply to post by centurion1211

its called custom, all presidents have done it before

there have been plenty of bush moments of that

groveling with a bow? come on

WRONG!

The pics of Bush were taken when he was receiving a medal.
Not the same as bowing.

vid link

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Dude, he held his hand... that was awkward just to watch. You're complaining about a bow but it is okay for Bush to basically date the guy?

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
respect me and i shall respect you.

some people here obviously don't understand the word.
in japan bowing is a sign of respect. the further you bow the moe respect you are showing.
what do you americans consider as your introductory gester of respect.

this \m/ ?

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by neo67

iberals have cnn,abc,cbs,abc,msnbc to watch and yet its always the big bad fox news . same old song its lame ever.

I love when conservative's cry about the media. It's ALL mainstream media....and none of it (especially fox news) should be trusted.
The fact that you're "jealous" that some of the larger news organizations show a liberal bias is just hilarious.

That'd be like someone still holding a grudge because John Gacy didn't want to babysit for them back in the 70's.

Lastly, notice how the attacks from the right never seem to grow in size? It's all nitpicky strawman arguments?

• Obama smokes
  • Obama is a christian extremist!
  • Obama is a radical Muslim!
  • Obama goes to church too much!
  • Obama does not go to church enough!
  • Obama is not a citizen!
  • Obama is a dual citizen!
  • Obama did not buy Christmas presents for his family!
  • Obama uses a blackberry!!
  • Obama bowed to a foreign leader whose country has a culture of bowing to show respect i dont care that Bush did too!!!!!"
  • Obama's wife is on the cover of a magazine!
  • Obama's wife is decorating the white house....with HER OWN money!
  • Obama is too black!
  • Obama is not black enough!
  • Obama is too white!
  • Obama is a racist!
  • Obama will enact Sharia Law!
  • Obama will enact a Communist society

i mean seriously i could keep going on forever. But the point is, once you set all those arguments side by side, and realize that its' really happened Chronologically....you begin to realize that the right wing is just crying like a bunch of children because they lost an ELECTION
what happened to being an American and supporting your president?
What happened to "If you dont like America, Get out!"

Unfortunately, nobody will answer my questions. They all must think these are rhetorical....but they're not.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Fremd

Yes. And the best part, they at one point or another believed all of those things. I loved when they couldn't decided if he was a citizen, non-citizen, or dual-citizen. That cracked me up.

The whole bowing, Christmas present, non-lapel wearing, partisan garbage is a sight to see as well. Yes, all of those stack up very well to what most Americans disliked about Bush...

Torture < Christmas presents when it comes to importance.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by neo67

Don't you just wish that news networks, all of them, would minimize bias? What a world that would be.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Irish M1ck
reply to post by neo67

Don't you just wish that news networks, all of them, would minimize bias? What a world that would be.

mick i do i can admit all of them are biased all i want from my news is who what when where.

not the woulda,coulda shouldves,why

my problem is the news organizations kept bush in check-somewhat
but the current media gives obama a free pass.

the point here is no matter whose in that white house the news doesnt slam just because its a republican in office and doesnt do nothing but cheerleading just because theres a democrat in office.

[edit on 11-4-2009 by neo67]

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

The President of the United States should bow to no man especially once you consider that he does not even care about what the American people want and need.
He should be bowing to the American people but instead he is working on stealing our children and guns via the various scumbags in his administration.

If he bows to the Saudis what would he do for leaders with more power or the heads of industry and banking that really run the show?

This is not a good sign no matter how you cut it.

Dont worry there will be no shortage of people making excuses for him, I mean he is a god you know.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join