It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DARPA creating indestructible computers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
www.theregister.co.uk...
Excerpt:
"In a few years self-healing circuits will continue Moore's scaling law by making integrated circuits resemble living organisms in their ability to self-heal and adjust to changes in the environment," Hajimiri says.

Nice try, lads. Saving Moore's Law - good one. But it's quite plain that you're creating indestructible computers which can't be damaged or wear out, and which can heal themselves - probably even modify, redesign and improve themselves - millions of times a second.

I think we all know where this is going"

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Cool...scary, but cool. The Terminator/Matrix scenario never seemed that likely to me, but this could be a step in that direction. Still, there's always the "off" switch and if this will allow me to run more plug ins in Pro Tools simultaneously, then great!

TheAssociate

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
This is pretty scary.

They are making astounding progress in the realm of A.I. I was just reading a story where scientists manufactured an artificial ribosome.

www.codingfuture.com...

this is pretty crazy, since the technologies that we are developing have the potential to destroy us if not used responsibly. And responsible is not a word i would use to describe the current state of the human race...

I wonder.

new topics

join