It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Before an official swears an oath to the Constitution...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
With the constant erosion of publics rights , as so stated & guaranteed by the US Constitution , I cant help but wonder how we ever got to the point that we now find ourselves in ?

It would seem that in every key position from President to army enlisty , are required to take an oath to preserve and protect the US Constitution . I am left with the question , have they actually read the document that they swear by oath to up hold ?

Perhaps a requirement should be made that would require a person to study and then pass a test on the Constitution that they are swearing by oath to uphold before they are granted the privilege to serve the public , would this help ?

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
It is a great idea, though i doubt we could get any legislation passed to this end. It would weed out a lot of these complete idiots we have in congress. I would bet there are a few who don't know how to read.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
It would seem to me that requiring a person to swear an oath to a document is making the assumption that the person has read , understands & agrees with the document that they are swearing to uphold and recent times only go to prove that some of our officials clearly don't read , understand or agree with the Constitution that they are swearing to uphold .

Has the oath to the constitution become nothing more then a ceremonial formality ?

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Don't forget Government Civil Service. Government employees also take the oath to protect the Constitution. Last year the Federal Government implemented Constitution training as part of the yearly required training for all Federal Employees. Doesn't seem to have done any good yet....

new topics

top topics

join