It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Cries Wolf

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by milesp
reply to post by littlebunny

This littlebunny dude needs to get back on the meds.

I guess if i came into your home with a gun and said "sorry, its mine now", you'd say "Ok, fair is fair"? Not likely.

If Israel wants to remain a relevant member of the world community it would be in it's best interest to halt it's aggressive policies and start looking forward to a future of coexistence rather than conflict.

Just to add as it gave me another view for me to express.
If a World War broke out because of mass execution and Israel was the best save haven for them and everyone why would'nt people let them in?
Israel became Israel after they were rejected once more by the Palastines and the 6day war occured and they won their case. Jews did not want war but just to be accepted somewhere and maybe going back to their historical routes was for their best and the stability to the world after WW2 because for the first time in many years they can call somewhere home. They are still trying for democracy today with the Gaza but all they get is bombs and threats when they ask for peace. But you know how Islam works, not exactly the best religious scriptures to helping out the Jews if they were in trouble can be found in their Koran regardless.
Also take into account that the current Jewish land was all swamps and lifeless land before they arrived, now where they walk they have grass and where they don't its all sand still.

[edit on 10-4-2009 by The time lord]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
[SNIP]

That's a pretty hefty claim there, where's the evidence to back it up? Not that I disbelieve you but you can't just go round saying these things without presenting evidence.

Mod Edit: Removed mannered quote.

[edit on 14-4-2009 by Gemwolf]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord
Israel became Israel after they were rejected once more by the Palastines and the 6day war occured and they won their case.

They didn't win their case with the 6day war
they won the war, not the case
if anything they LOST the case since the international community looked down upon Israel's actions.

The international community even looked down upon the U.S. for backing Israel politically.

They are still trying for democracy today with the Gaza but all they get is bombs and threats when they ask for peace.

Hold on here bud
WAIT WAIT
WHO is still trying for democracy???????

The gaza wall is democracy?
the poundage of gaza and usage of white phosphorus is democracy?
the blockading of medical aid and food to gaza is democracy?

what in the world are you talking about?

Your perception is very very very skewed to say the least.

Israel NEVER asked for peace, not once!
Not only did they not ask for peace they even broke peace treaties.

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

But you know how Islam works, not exactly the best religious scriptures to helping out the Jews if they were in trouble can be found in their Koran regardless.

Stay on topic
Actions speak louder than written words in a religious book

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Israel became Israel after they were rejected once more by the Palastines and the 6day war occured and they won their case.

They didn't win their case with the 6day war
they won the war, not the case
if anything they LOST the case since the international community looked down upon Israel's actions.

The international community even looked down upon the U.S. for backing Israel politically.

They are still trying for democracy today with the Gaza but all they get is bombs and threats when they ask for peace.

Hold on here bud
WAIT WAIT
WHO is still trying for democracy???????

The gaza wall is democracy?
the poundage of gaza and usage of white phosphorus is democracy?
the blockading of medical aid and food to gaza is democracy?

what in the world are you talking about?

Your perception is very very very skewed to say the least.

Israel NEVER asked for peace, not once!
Not only did they not ask for peace they even broke peace treaties.

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

But you know how Islam works, not exactly the best religious scriptures to helping out the Jews if they were in trouble can be found in their Koran regardless.

Stay on topic
Actions speak louder than written words in a religious book

The 6day war was a win case to set up camp, they were rejected once again that caused this mini war and they are still there today, the case remains but open because every where they go they are hated and this is no different.

The Gaza wall is against the anti-democracy who want to destroy it and not be at peace with diversity, that was the point of the never ending seperation which is exactly what extreame Islam is about which is no rights for human diverisity. They never said lets not mix, the Palastinians did that them selves. Democracy in Palistine lasted as long as a vote in a box, once it went to Hamas democracy that includes basic human rights and diversity was thrown out with it and what came next, more bombs being thrown.
I think Isreal has asked for peace many times, its only so much one can do.

As for a religious book, they are doing the exact actions as their prophet its not much different.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

If you believe that, why did Israel break the cease fire that led to the latest offensive on the strip earlier this year?

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   

CHILLING testimony by Israeli soldiers substantiates charges that Israel’s Gaza Strip assault entailed grave violations of international law. The emergence of a predominantly right-wing, nationalist government in Israel suggests that there may be more violations to come. Hamas’s indiscriminate rocket attacks on Israeli civilians also constituted war crimes, but do not excuse Israel’s transgressions. While Israel disputes some of the soldiers’ accounts, the evidence suggests that Israel committed the following six offenses:

• Violating its duty to protect the civilian population of the Gaza Strip. Despite Israel’s 2005 “disengagement” from Gaza, the territory remains occupied. Israel unleashed military firepower against a people it is legally bound to protect.

• Imposing collective punishment in the form of a blockade, in violation of Article 33 of the Fourth Geneva Convention. In June 2007, after Hamas took power in the Gaza Strip, Israel imposed suffocating restrictions on trade and movement. The blockade — an act of war in customary international law — has helped plunge families into poverty, children into malnutrition, and patients denied access to medical treatment into their graves. People in Gaza thus faced Israel’s winter onslaught in particularly weakened conditions.

• Deliberately attacking civilian targets. The laws of war permit attacking a civilian object only when it is making an effective contribution to military action and a definite military advantage is gained by its destruction. Yet an Israeli general, Dan Harel, said, “We are hitting not only terrorists and launchers, but also the whole Hamas government and all its wings.” An Israeli military spokeswoman, Maj. Avital Leibovich, avowed that “anything affiliated with Hamas is a legitimate target.”

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 11:13 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Goathief

That's a pretty hefty claim there, where's the evidence to back it up? Not that I disbelieve you but you can't just go round saying these things without presenting evidence.

Did you not pick up on his dozen or so references to the "superior Western peoples" triumphing over the inferior "non-Western people"?

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by The Godfather of Conspira

Godfather, in my posts, I just listed the battles that the Persians met the Greeks and Macedonians in. I didn't list every skirmish, nor every little village the Persians came upon and used 250,000 men to wipe out.

I listed the battles. You mentioned Athens. Some battle. Athens had been abandoned. And after getting chewed up by less than 7,000 Greeks at Thermopylae, the Persians weren't real anxious to tackle any Greek force of any size.

You say there is not comparison between then and now. Well, let's have a look. Is 1980 to 1988 recent enough?

Iran and Iraq went toe to toe, slugging it out for eight years. EIGHT YEARS!

Neither side made any progress, and each side suffered more than 300,000 dead, although Iran is reported to have suffered almost a million casualties.

OK. You gotta stay on your toes to follow the logic.

Iran and Iraq, fighting for eight long years, with neither side making any .way would suggest that these two were similarly matched, with similar capabilities.

Yet US and British forces went through Iraqi forces like crap through a goose.

See the comparison?

That would imply that those same US and British forces would go through Iran like crap through a goose as well.

Now, Israel is small, but they are Western.

For every distant Western defeat such as at Dien Bien Phu, where non-Westerners were using masses of Western weapons, artillery, firearms, rockets, etc., there is a Khe Sanh.

For every Isandlwana, there's a Rourke's Drift. For every Wake Island, there is a Tarawa. For every Pearl Harbor, there is a Midway. For every Corregidor, there is a Peleliu. For every Thermopylae, there is a Plataea.

For every burning capitol as Athens by the Persian army, there is a burning capitol at Persepolis by Greek harlots.

For every determination to fight the West to the death, there's a Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

Any Islamic nation can send third party idiots to hit Manhattan, Chicago, Denver, or Los Angeles, but these Islamic nations should remember that they continue to exist in fifteen minute increments.

That's how long they will live when we get angry enough to launch. The modern day cultures of the ancient Persian Empire, restrictive, backward, and Western-leaning though some may be - will cease as cultures.

I stand by my claims, as the record reflects. Western nations war like no others who have ever existed on earth.

And may God have mercy on their opponents. Because no one else in the West will.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Goathief

If you believe that, why did Israel break the cease fire that led to the latest offensive on the strip earlier this year?

Broken ceasefire has been going on since the 50s but each new generation needs to go further back to see where it all stems from. If not mistaken I think Israel was going after terrorists at the time, since the world has become awake of all terror threats that is spreading globally.
Anyway I don't want to speak about this all the time if it makes people angry or annoyed its best be left. Since It's Good Friday, I will be nice keep the peace.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   

If not mistaken I think Israel was going after terrorists at the time, since the world has become awake of all terror threats that is spreading globally.

Ummmm
95% of casualties were civilians

they bombed homes of women and children, hospitals, schools etc...

they were not going after terroists, they were going for civilian population

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

While I don't believe those numbers, the truth is, you kill terrorists where you find them.

Concerning the 95% civilian number, you have to understand that Hamas has no uniforms to speak of, and so when they were killed, their carcasses were tossed into the "civilian" pile.

Thus, the numbers.

The truth is, Israel killed a lot of Hamas. A whole lot more than Hamas let on.

[edit on 10-4-2009 by dooper]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
reply to post by ModernAcademia

The truth is, Israel killed a lot of Hamas.

-israel failed to destroy hezbollah.

-israel failed to stop hamas's rockets after countless operations.

-israel has failed to distabalize their governments and the huge support networks they have.

The most millitarily advanced nation on this plant can't stop a few home-made pringle tubes hiting its areas.

I know you're proud of your little israel but without the US donations it would be nothing.

[edit on 10-4-2009 by merkava]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Dooper, I have seen you calling people Anti-Semites, Anti-Israel, Jew Haters and so on, but what are you? One thing I know, you are everything but objective. If I may be so free to ask you, what exactly is your relation to Israel? Are you Jewish yourself or a very religious Christian? Personally, I find it pretty remarkable that you always seem to find a way to justify whatever Israel does.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

have you even read the article of this thread?

Israel just keeps lying and has a history making up excuses to attack muslim nations. First fearmongering, then unjust attacks making you think it's for your own good. This is called terroism, to get what you want out of terror/fear.

you aren't fooling anyone my friend, only perhaps yourself.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by merkava

Israel in fact didn't destroy Hizballah, just as you mention. For the first time, Israel abandoned the principles of warfare in that little excursion. I contacted an Israeli general, pointed out these specific principles they violated, and guess what?

They didn't make the same mistake against Hamas. They were able to kill them more efficiently, and if I had anything to do with that, it warms my heart.

True, Israel didn't destroy Hamas either.

They never intended to.

The day Israel is pushed into destroying either Hizballah or Hamas, there will be a slaughter like we haven't seen since the last century.

Wait until Israel gets serious.

I can't wait!

[edit on 10-4-2009 by dooper]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

I am reading the words of a madman here where mass murdering gives him a warm fuzzy feeling in his heart.

your scary dude!

the mere fact that someone with your personality defends israel is anti-israel before anyone's statements here in this thread. Or would you prefer anti-semite?

Good luck in life man

and for everyone else who is wondering what his motivation is

here
www.timesonline.co.uk...

now you know!

[edit on 10-4-2009 by ModernAcademia]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Israel just keeps lying and has a history making up excuses to attack muslim nations. First fearmongering, then unjust attacks making you think it's for your own good. This is called terroism, to get what you want out of terror/fear.

you aren't fooling anyone my friend, only perhaps yourself.

Any sane person would clearly see that it is these Muslim "nations" that have repeatedly attacked Israel unprovoked. First it was in 1948, when they decided to wipe out the recently arrived Jews and failed and then they systematically persecuted any Jews living in their own countries and again in 1967 they were ready to attack the Jews and lost. But these Muslim nations continued their madness again during the Yom Kippur war and tried to attack Israel again and lost again.

If history is any indication, the Muslims and Arab nations are barbaric and vicious war mongers who dont seem to be able to live in peace. The Israeli attitude towards the muslim nations is one that many countries around the world are learning to do because their tactic is the most effective in dealing with violent muslim nations that you should show no mercy in dealing with these countries because they are not like ordinary human beings. The use of force must be applied efficiently and brutally without reservation because these muslim nations understand nothing else and that is their nature .

[edit on 10-4-2009 by IAF101]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join