It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God is not a solution but a problem (Osho)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
This is a most interesting video about how God and evolution are not possible. I fully agree with Osho about this truth.

Evolution implys that creation is not complete. Hence the possiblity of evolving. But God cannot complete an incomplete world. That would be going against God's nature. He is perfect and whatsoever he does is perfect. Neither he's evolving nor is the world evolving. Everything will be at a standstill. Dead. That is why people were against Charles Darwin, because that man was bringing an idea which is going to kill God sooner or later.

Please watch the video and then we can discuss this and it's full implications for God and evolution.

[edit on 8-4-2009 by antar]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Ok, he says (over a peroid of 5 minutes) that if there is evolution there cant be a (christian) god. After that i couldnt bare to listen anymore, as he's just waay to slow a talker.

Well, evolution does exist.. case closed? If the world was created then there wouldnt be evolution. Well there is!

Im sorry, i dont know who he is, but he looks religious. If that is the case he's not doing a good job advocating his religion of belief in god.
Is he implying that god exists and evolution does not?

[edit on 8-4-2009 by Daniem]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Nope I'm still a firm believer in creationism... See what happened was aliens came here on a camping trip, dumped their garbage and poof we got humans ... that clear it up for everyone?

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
the mans hypothesis seems to centre on the fact that if the world is created then there can be no evolution, while i'm not a creationist, i believe his logic is fairly simplistic.

if god had created the world, without a doubt he would have to have created it as a dynamic system, we have weather and erosion and growth and so on. if everything else in creation is created to be dynamic, it stands to reason that lifeforms would also be created to be dynamic.

evolution is consistent with the idea that the same person created rocks and trees and people. all are created to be dynamic in a dynamic system.

to believe that god created the universe in the way it is described in genesis is pretty silly but to believe that god couldn't have created the universe unless he did so as described in genesis is equally silly.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
"Thank God God doesn't exist"

He has no desire for spirituality it looks like, that's too bad.

God does create many problems, not in theory but in our experiences in life. A lack of understanding is what causes all the problems. I don't see why he said that life would have been almost impossible.

if the world is created there can be no evolution. Evolution means creation continues.

There can be evolution. Is not God involved in the world to this day? He didn't stop after the 6th day. Creation has never stopped, its been a progression since the beginning.

And then on the 7th day he rested. Since then he has been resting.

He isn't constantly resting. There's a saying that a blade of grass bending requires an angel from above.. Everything is guided and creation is moving towards a specific goal, we're evolving towards it. Creation isn't finished as he says, because we aren't perfect yet so it continues.

Evolution implies that creation is not complete, hence the possiblity of evoling btu God can not create an incomplete world

Creation is complete, we're the ones that are not complete and we're evolving. The world is not complete or incomplete, the world exists as a place where by we learn through direct guidance from God, how to be close to him. A better statement by him would have been "God can not create an incomplete person" which is true. But what is a complete person and what is an incomplete person? We're given a sense of incompleteness so that we can develop through what seems like our own merits.
God isn't evolving and the world isn't evolving, we are. Those things are static and unchanging, they're an objective measure in which we can strive to become similar in quality which is giving. Our born nature is taking. Creation exists for a goal, and it will eventually be perfect.

It's quite easy to connect evolution and creation. God is the force behind physical laws. So how could evolution, or any finding be against God?

[edit on 8-4-2009 by ghaleon12]

[edit on 8-4-2009 by ghaleon12]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Why does evolution imply that creation is not complete? Evolution could be the creation.

How could we know what goes agains "God's" nature at all?
We know nothing about it. Words from a book can be interpeted wrong.
It says we a created in "his" likeness so people assume "he" must look like a human. Pretty arrogant if you ask me. "His" likeness could just be love or empathy, a whole realm of emotions or even just consciousness.

"God" is not a solution nor a problem, it just is.
Humans giving meaning to "God" is the problem and in a lesser extend the solution.

Why must creationism and evolution be opposites?
I guess i'm just not getting it.

[edit on 8-4-2009 by locster]

posted on Aug, 26 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I disagree with the video as well, and I agree pretty much with what PieMan said.

I am not defending the idea that there even is a god, but disproving him with this sort of theory is nonsense to me. While even not being a real creationist, I believe that creation and evolution can very easily coexist.

It would be very simple for a god to create everything that lives with the ability to evolve and adapt to it's surroundings over time. Also, it is very likely that a god would just remain active and gradually change things, much like if one of us were to play Civilization, or even the classical Sim Earth.

Creating things would likely create some sort of "emotional" investment in your creations, giving you the will to change them to keep them living.

However there may very well not be a god, or there may be. This just doesn't seem like a very deciding factor for me.

Interesting video none the less.

[edit on 26-8-2009 by Our Lord And Master]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Maybe some things were written in the bible to make more people comfortable with the power of god? I dont agree with everything in the bible, but it was meant to cover all the basis of life. Im sure if they left the creation part to evolution, it would contradict the rest of what the bible is trying to teach... which is faith.

Thats my opinion though.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
What a pile of horse do-do.

Why does anyone listen to this supernatural chattering? If someone did create the world, is there any proof that was a god. Consider the probability that:

God created the world

or that

The world was created by a giant intergalactic immortal lobster called Colin

are exactly the same.

What rubbish. No one prays to Colin, why?

[edit for bad spelling - apologies, for allowing god to allow me misspell for a reason]

[edit on 8/28/2009 by mithrawept]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by mithrawept
What a pile of horse do-do.

Why does anyone listen to this supernatural chattering? If someone did create the world, is there any proof that was a god. Consider the probability that:
God created the world
or that
The world was created by a giant intergalactic immortal lobster called Colin
are exactly the same.
What rubbish. No one prays to Colin, why?

[edit on 8/28/2009 by mithrawept]

Well i can already tell from your failing pun at making fun of peoples beliefs...that even if your theories were correct, from the lack of educated words behind your post...i wouldnt believe you even if you were reading me the forecast for tomorrows weather. Even if you claimed it was from the Weather Channel.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
The fact that one has to be right and the other has to be wrong is quite disturbing to me.
Then again that has been the premise of human society since it's inception.
I completely disagree with the content of the video.

The following is only my opinion, but I makes sense to me.

God, is an eternal entity, or energy.
What may be an infinitesimal amount of time to an eternal being, may be a multitude of millennia for us.

God creates our world, through the processes we understand as evolution.
A blink of an eye for God, billions of years for us.

Why can't evolution be the foundation of how God creates?
Why must everything be taken so literally when reading the "Books"?

Why must god, be a tangible entity?
I believe God to be, the point where we can no longer explain our universe.

There is a duality in our universe that can be explained by the existance of 11 theorized dimensions.
At the point of the 11th dimension, it is said that, every single possible scenario regarding all possible outcomes, all possible physical laws, all possible divergences can be speculated on.
A 12th dimension cannot be imagined. It's where we are stuck.
It's where the duality of the universe becomes irrelevant and there can only be what could loosely be described as a singularity of existance and consciousness.
This is I believe where "God" may reside. Only in a figurative sense.
The very fact that we could ever even contemplate the actual entity of God, would corrupt us.
We speculate, because we don't' understand.

There is no concrete proof one way or another, and even if there were, we may not recognize it.
So to me the best option is to consider all options.
A path must be settled upon eventual, but that does not mean one cannot take a detour from time to time.

Humans are the problem, not the solution.

I offer nothing but the opportunity to think.

[edit on 8/28/2009 by reticledc]

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Is this the same osho involved in an attempt to poison a community's water supply?

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Osho? Sri-Rajneesh? Bargwaan?
really!!!!!
I had friend whom spent quite a long time with Osho in India (obviously many years ago).
It is nothing but a cult; whom practice polynogomy, group sex and free drug taking. Taking advantage of lost souls.

posted on Aug, 28 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
antar this is insanity at its finest"why dont you think on your own for a change" hahaha thats all you believe thinking on your own, but to bad for you unity is the answer god provides unity and love while you provide nothing. you provide splitting up everybody to think on their own which as we know does horrible things, think of a cell if everything works together you get a healthy cell. if everything starts thinking on their own and stop working together the cell gets diseased and dies. no longer functioning. if your goal is to kill us all then go for it, we like working together and stay healthy.

and reticle creation and evolution cant coincide together its impossible, everything was created perfect. god gave you freewill it was a "gift" so you could be free, you turned against god after he gave you freewill because you thought that meant you could do whatever you wanted and get away with it. but you forgot that you could still be punished for not doing the right thing. thus you have diseases and cancer its all to teach you to do the right things to remain in harmonyn and balance with everything around you. a perfect world in which god will provide all if your obediant to him 10 simple rules thats it.

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by reticledc

Why can't evolution be the foundation of how God creates?

==Well everything happens for a reason, so its all part of a larger plan. Everything is how its meant to be, and everything is not what it is because it is ALSO meant to be.==

Why must everything be taken so literally when reading the "Books"?: ==Because we are the product of our own environments. If we do not understand the situation, we make assumptions based upon what we DO know.==

Why must god, be a tangible entity?
==Because a majority of the human race is brainwashed (yay media supplied information!) and I have come to find in all my soul searching, that money is the root of all problems. We only have FAITH in what we believe we should have to survive, so we can be able to afford the newest trends, or buy the idea of safety and comfort in some f**ked up twisted wording and idea planting of media marketing.==

Humans are the problem, not the solution.
== Or humans have been the problem, and we have been forced to think harder for a greater cause... Ever seen Men in Black? LoL. No but seriously, we could possibly save the Milky Way... MMmm Nougat.==

I offer nothing but the opportunity to think.
== We all have something to offer==

edit
Eh, just look for the === and === between what i typed, im sure u guys kin figerr et oot

[edit on 29-8-2009 by TheFaiThfulSkepTic]

posted on Aug, 29 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by make.changes

[sarcasm]While it's hard to make out what you are saying, being that you are a well versed linguist and all.[/sarcasm]
I actually understand and agree with you.
Despite our differences elsewhere, I do identify with what you are saying.
I don't agree with some of it, especially the part where science and spirituality cannot coincide. Like I mentioned before, Science was instituted by the church.
If that is not a correlation I don't know what is.
But that does not mean that there is not something that you are trying to point out that does not ring true.
People live their lives, without any beliefs at all. All they believe in is themselves and money.
Which is no way to live.
If one looks for the answers, they will realize that they are simply right there to find.
Love.

Perfection, is nothing without a touch of imperfection, to compare it to.
Preach on brother.

[edit on 8/29/2009 by reticledc]

new topics

top topics

join