It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gemstones and Energy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Hey everyone, just wondering if anyone has had any success with gemstones or things like amulets for posititve energy. My g/f was having trouble sleeping, so we got a positive energy amulet and its made all the difference in the world. She sleeps much better with it under her pillow. It also took away the stressfull feelings she was having.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Not even a pitty post?
I'm trying here ppl!! lol

[edit on 8-4-2009 by stereovoyaged]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by stereovoyaged

Stereovoyaged, I don't think that many people believe in colored stones and crystals in being able to make a person sleep better or anything else. That stuff is still unproven.

All rocks give off positive and negative energy.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I hope that one day people will realize that gemstones and crystals do have powers and are not just Pseudoscience. They are calming, uplifting and even healing. Things like Jade, amethyst, quartz and hematite need to be investigated more. I'm not saying you must believe, just give it a try, whats the worst that could happen??

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
This is what happened:

1) Your girlfriend was stressed. As a result she couldn't sleep.
2) Your girlfriend purchased a stone from someone who claimed it was charged with positive energy.
3) Your girlfriend believes it will work, and as such, it did, since her problems were mental to begin with.

I have used this trick before on someone. Think of it as a form of self-hypnosis induced by wanting to believe.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TLomon

Do you believe in negative and positive energies? Chakras? things of that sort?

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I believe in energy. Negative and positive are just different flows. However, I don't believe sleeping with something under your pillow is going to affect that.

I am going to extrapolate here. Please let me know how far I am off.

1) Your girlfriend purchased the stone at a "New Age" store.
2) Stores are in it for profit.
3) Was the stone really charged? Don't go on a saleperson's advice.

I believe in a great deal of things. I also believe that people can't be trusted, especially when money is involved.

So, to add clarification to this story, here are a few questions.

1) Where did your girlfriend purchase this stone?
2) How much did she pay?
3) What type of metal, container, etc. did it come with?

I may have jumped to a conclusion here, but based on what you have posted, it really appears psychosemantic here.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Some people could just be more open to the resonant effects of certain crystals, and/or rocks. That being said, a pliable mind can either hurt, or help you.

Metamorphic rocks are some of the coolest things on the planet. And in my opinion, do deserve to be researched, since they do have electrical and sometimes magnetic properties.

[edit on 8-4-2009 by Vyrtigo]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
gemstones were used by many ancient cultures in the world. The ancient egyptians in particular knew of their powers.

if you believe in the chakra system, then i think you should look into particular benefits of different crystals.

i believe 100% they do amplify energies.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TLomon

It was not so much a "new age" store, as a store that sells beads, gems, amulates, etc, but....

1. This was not a random purchase, we have studied this long before and purchased many other stones and the like beforehand.

2. The stone was very inexpensive, and yes it was charged, as we made sure ourselves to properly cleanse and charge before use.

3. To answer your other questions, it was purchased at the "bead addict" on Duckworth Street, in St. John's, Newfoundland, for a 5-7 bucks maybe, i dunno, wasn't much more than than that, cause she bought an amulate at the time too which was like 10 and a 20 covered it all, and it just came in a little baggie thing with an index card.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Thanks for the backup guys, was feeling a little cornered

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Pity post
thank you for that....... made me laugh. Well, this isn't a pity post. See, I'm of the ripe old age of 51 and I don't much care how I'm judged in the court of internetdom...... or, really, elsewhere. So, you asked the question and I'll answer.

I wear a chunk of unpolished moldavite. It's a tektite, and I mounted it myself on an irregular bezel of silver, with a silver chain. In a previous existance when I lived in the States, I used to work with semi-precious stones and gems, sort of as a sideline. I used to do a lot of work at the Highland Games (where I also participated in the caber toss).

One day I was shopping for goodies in a minerals store in Oakland, and I came across a beautiful piece of Lapis and then..... WOW! There was this quarter-sized chunk of moldavite. I was drawn to it..... inexplicable..... and while it didn't vibrate or feel warm in my hand, I also knew it was mine. I can't tell you what, if anything, it does for me that is MEASUREABLE. That's the scientist in me speaking. I know that I had little CONSCIOUS expectations for the stone, but once I started wearing it, my episodes of night terrors/sleep paralysis were cut in half or more. I gained a sense of well-being, and took up Tai Chi again.

We live on an island surrounded by barracuda-rich waters. One thing we all know here is that barra hit on flashes of light. I think it's an instinct in them -- interpreting the flashes of light perhaps as schools of fish. They have been known to hit folks in the face if their facemask reflects sunlight. Pretty much everyone here removes all their jewelry when diving or snorkling, myself included............ except the moldavite onna chain. Yes, it's an amulet. Perhaps having no real excited atomic energies itself, but I believe it does. I cannot prove it. I almost gave it away one day, to someone I barely knew that I felt needed it. She didn't want it, thought it ugly, so I kept it.

high strangeness, no?

edit fer spellin'

[edit on 8-4-2009 by argentus]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Hello! Don't let the Measurers get to you....sometimes that arguement gets very limited.

I have worked with gems and crystals for many years, and had developed enough sensitivity to tell if they are holding information, or are working in a certain way. And no, I can't measure it...I'm not concerned about that....I think that there are many of us who can perceive much more subtle forms of energy than most people.

Everything in the universe vibrates, however minutely, and it seems to be this vibrational rate and the resulting resonance within us, that alters our emotions and consequently, our physical bodies. Whatever your girlfriend picked up was a little bit of what she was missing in energy terms. Whatever we absorb on an energy level becomes part of us, so adding a tiny bit of amethyst energy, for example, will alter us just enough to correct any imbalances. There are huge correspondances between gems and crystals, and the chakras. Worth investigating if you haven't already.

Lemme know if you need more....

Cait

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

I know exactly what you mean, everytime I purchase a stone or amulate, its always as if it chooses you. I bought a really nice lapis necklace for my g/f, she didn't have the money and I did, but it was "calling out to her" at a flea market. Funny too, she had purchased a piece of lapis online weeks earlier, burried it in a small piece of earth to cleanse and lost it, she was so discouraged because it was her first stone. But this one I bought made her feel much better. I just ordered a Soloman Seal online yesterday strictly because it felt right. People can believe or not believe what they want.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I actually make jewelry out of semi-precious stones and crystal but I don't believe they have any sort of magical energy. Anything beautiful is soothing to look at whether it's a flower, a piece of jewelry, or a painting.

The first thought that entered my mind when I read the post was that your girlfriend just manipulated you into buying her a nice piece of jewelry!
Good for her!
But hey, I don't blame her if she did. I completely understand!
I'd sleep better if I got a nice necklace from my boyfriend too.

At any rate, the money I raise actually goes to benefit scientific research so in my case, it would be wrong to mislead people with any sort of new age nonsense. Sometimes I'll insert cards about the mineral with some interesting scientific facts and how it pertains to our research but I make no promises other than a life-long warranty on everything I make.

Remarkably, when we go to craft shows where other people make claims about the energy/healing properties of the stones in their pieces, we always sell more than they do.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

We have a few books and websites, starting to learn more and more, but any further information you have will be GREATLY appreciated!!

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Crystals and gemstones were one of my early interests on the journey to find the truth within.

The journey is of course ongoing and although many ideas have come and gone, I still surround myself with them!

I just feel happy about it.

Can I say for sure that it has enhanced my learning? Not in a scientific model, no I cannot, although on a personal level I feel very connected and peaceful in the presence of my "friends" from the elemental/mineral kingdom.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I hope this helps. This was posted on another thread about reiki a few months ago.I used to run crystal workshops and this was part of my notes on the subject. Lemme know if you have any questions.

CRYSTALS FOR MEDITATION

Clear Quartz-an excellent healing stone, good for communicative meditation and guidance. Very easy to programme and work with, and will store, amplify and send energy on your behalf.

Apophyllite-excellent for deep meditation, astral projection, clairvoyance and dream work. Will help with mental clarity and channelling. Good for self control and clearing negative thought patterns.

Angelite-very grounding, helping creativity and expression, reducing fear and increasing faith. Useful for spiritual guidance, particularly with the angelic realms. Strengthens connection with the Universe.

Selenite-very gentle, female, patient energies, and will help to uncover the root of any problem or blockage. Very good for meditation and any spiritual work that requires support and patience.

Blue Lace Agate-extremely supportive and protective, and will help you move to a high spiritual space in meditation. Calming for stressed minds and hot tempers, will act as a sedative when placed on Third Eye.

Kyanite-provides a higher and broader level of awareness, allowing for new ideas and positive thought. Good for meditation, peacefulness and communication. Calms stirred up emotions and will help you de-stress.

Black Obsidian-a protective and very grounding stone, and a powerful screen against negativity. Expands the consciousness and helps dissolve old restrictive behaviour patterns. Increases perception and psychic awareness.

HOW TO USE YOUR MEDITATION CRYSTALS

The first thing you should do when your crystals arrive and before any meditation session, is cleanse them..

This is a very easy process with a few simple rules and it’s a good idea to get into the habit of cleansing your crystals every time you use them. There are two methods you need to use here.

Firstly, Clear Quartz, Apophyllite, Blue Lace Agate and Black Obsidian can simply be washed under running water, while you visualise all the old energy and negativity being cleared from them. Sit them on a clean paper towel and let them air dry.

Angelite and Selenite need a little more care, however, as both are soft minerals that would be damaged by water. Use Sage incense sticks to cleanse them, simply by lighting the stick and blowing out the flame allowing it to smoulder, and passing each crystal in turn through the smoke for a few seconds, again visualising all the old energy clearing from it. This method can be used for any crystal.

Kyanite doesn’t need cleansing, as it’s one of only two minerals that doesn’t store negativity or old energy.(The other is Citrine)

Now you’ve cleansed your crystals, you can dedicate and programme them to work with you.

Clear Quartz is the only one that can be truly programmed, so hold it in your hands at your heart chakra and say something like this…

“ I intend that this crystal be my guide and ally in my spiritual and meditation work, and will help me progess in all directions for my own highest good.” Use words that feel right to you.

Don’t worry too much about the language being “correct”…just keep your statement positive and meaningful to you. Your quartz will hold this programme till you cleanse it again.

All your other crystals have their own programme already, so all you have to do is dedicate them..

Again, hold them at your heart chakra, and ask that they work with you, and bring you energy in your spiritual and meditation work.

Many people worry about not meditating “properly”. Apart from making sure you have comfort and privacy for a short while, all that’s really important is that you follow your instincts, and do what feels right for you. Start with 5 minutes twice a day, and don’t worry if your attention wanders to start with. A little bit of practise make a huge difference to how easy you find meditation, so gift yourself a few minutes twice a day and you will soon feel results. It also might help if you keep a journal of times and subjects, as well as any feelings that surfaced during your meditation. When choosing a crystal to work with, again trust your instincts. Choose whichever one feels right to you at that moment, and hold it or place it wherever you feel is best, either holding it in you hand or placing it on your altar or table near you.

After your meditation, it’s really important that you get yourself grounded again. Hold your Black Obsidian for a while, or place it under your bare feet on the floor. Take yourself outside for a moment or walk the dog, and imagine that you’re growing tree roots down from the soles of your feet into Mother Earth. This will anchor you properly and ensure that you get the most from your meditation time.

Enjoy!

Cait xx

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

As far as cleansing goes, we have been using wild rice and incense. Thank you so much for the information, we charge them by putting them on the patio in the sunlight.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Ok, fair enough. You answered my questions. You did the cleansing yourself, and didn't rely on someone else to do it. You also paid a fair price for it, so nothing too extreme.

Personally, when I do purchase stones, I do it entirely by feel - I run my hand over the case/display/barrel they are in with my eyes closed and pick the one that feels right. Some times, I don't pick anything. It is purely how it feels.

My cleansing is a bit different. I use water and sea salt. I only trust stones I charge myself.

When it comes to metal (like a chain), I prefer using silver - it just seems more conductive to me. However, I have had problems with the chain melting on me - honestly it hurts. No joke. I have (in the past) overcharged a crystal and gotten phsyically burned by it. Since then, I switched to leather. It isn't as conductive, but it doesn't hamper it entirely either.

I was dated a girl who was terrified of her first plane flight. She wanted me to make a necklace that would prevent the plane from crashing. (I don't think that is a possibility.) I made her a talisman/amulet thingie. I charged it while focusing on "calm". She put it on and immediately relaxed. However, she believed it would protect the plane. I wasn't about to correct her on it, because she was calm at that point and that was the objective.

Anyway, sorry for putting you through the ringer, but I have been coming across some pretty crazy posts here lately.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join