It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How close are we to a new (armed) American Revolutionary War?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I have this funny funny idea...probably extremely unpopular but oh well

I understand that there are some families who can't help what is happening and are at no fault but I have some issues with this whole concept

1. The market collapsing and credit failing. Why are people trying so hard to live above their means? Why are people trying to buy a 300,000 dollar house when it should be more like 150,000?

I have yet to have a credit issue because I rarely use credit. Yes I am well aware my system doesn't work for all but you have two people here, myself and my wife who live on 12.50 and 13.50 an hour respectively. We are doing very well. I am no fincancial genius...not by a long shot. What I am however is logical. Let's say I want a new couch. I have credit or money to cover a 1000 dollar couch. Why am I now turning and buying the 2000 dollar couch? I've heard in my area alot of people complain about how much they are hurting for money which makes me wonder when I see their beautiful Camaro or their beautiful Land Rover. What's wrong with a nice smaller car? What's wrong with a nice hybrid?

2. The gas. I can't imagine this being simpler. When I was in Northa Dakota in the Air Force I drove a truck that maybe got a good .00005 miles per gallon. When I moved back to Chicago, gas was a raging 4.25 here. I dropped that thing's lease and got a Dodge Caliber. A great and fun car with 31 MPG. See the way I see it is if alot of people did this, gas would go down. It's already happened once by accident.

3. The actual revolution we are speaking of. I don't think most of the people really have the guts. We talk about organizing the masses but look what happens when we try to organize. We can't get people to wake up on a Tuesday and vote so how are we gonna get them to start a revolution? I see people talk big about fighting back but nobody ever does it.

Besides I think it'd have to be a hell of alot worse for this to launch

-Kyo

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by American_Soviets

Actually,

You are the sheeple. You think that this mess is because of President Obama?

The rich arent getting bailed out, the rich are complaining that they have to pay more taxes. Awww, poor rich people, i guess they won be able to fill their hot tubs with jello for the next day or two. Isnt that just horrible. Gee, well at least it means that some needy child wont die from pneumonia since the government was able to pay for her antibiotics. Isnt that sweet? Of course it is

People are so sickened by the fact that they cant hoard and accumulate wealth, and so sickened by thefact that they actually have to give back to the nation instead of their own snot nosed spoiled to hell, rich families. People are so sickened by the fact that our kids are going to actually have to get an education and work hard to be successful.

It sickens me, well, not really. Its just life i guess.

Edit:

"edit: And a rebellion doesn't have to install a more efficient system. The system we have is already efficient if we remove the widespread corruption and rule of law. Get rid of the upper-class social connections that result in favoritism and corruption."

Thats not gonna work. The holes left by your corrupt officials, will just be filled once again, as long as the loopholes in the system exist which created the room for them in the first place.

You would need a better system.

[edit on 9-4-2009 by Vyrtigo]

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by allgoodnamesaretaken

I think in order for it to happen, you would need a very high ranking charismatic general (whose troops love him) to rise up and lead a revolt. This General might even be able to influence his friends in his branch of the military and in other branches. This is the only way I could see any type of revolt being successful.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
It was only a matter of time till death knocked on our nations door ... I mean really - bankers running a country .... they are too greedy to give enough to enjoy life with... so, we got to wax their hide one more time it looks like.... Bank Failures will be the Norm.... as the Govt of the world return the right to print money to the government .... but will Rothchild and Family and descendants be hunted and executed ... thats the only way to make sure such evil does not arrise again.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I do agree that it seems that the sheeple just won't wake up and do something about it. However I also have an opinion that people often do not change until they are faced with a crisis. We love to stick to our rut ways of life. Then something happens and we have a choice to make. I believe the real question is what exactly is going to be the event that it takes for lazy boyz to get off the recliners and do something. Whether it's take a stand or flee.

I feel that gun bans is the beginning of the turning point. I can name a few states that as a whole will not take lightly to door-to-door gun confiscation. I think one or some of those states will start revolution within the state to succeed.

It is at this point that the whole of America will wake up for a bit and make thier choice. Who knows what thier choice will be. But it does not take everyones participation to succeed in whatever the task may be. Only a few good men (or women) willing to lead a group of good men (and women).

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vyrtigo
The rich arent getting bailed out, the rich are complaining that they have to pay more taxes. Awww, poor rich people, i guess they won be able to fill their hot tubs with jello for the next day or two.

Your ignorance is astounding!

You are the sheep because you believe and vomit the liberal/media talking points by blaming the rich or at least demonizing the rich.

America is about becoming rich! Only in America can so many poor people become rich. This is the point of Capitalism. Only Capitalism allows an individual to better himself/herself by becoming wealthy via hard work.

Most rich people today were not born with money, they earned it through hard work. Those that were born into the money recieved the money from their hard working and once poor father or grandfather.

You complain about the rich complaing about the taxes but do you actually know how much in taxes they pay? Probably not since you spew talking points without doing your own research.
Here you go:

86% of all federal income taxes are paid by the top 25% of wage earners.
The top 50% of wage earners pay 97% of all income taxes.

Do you understand that?
How much is to much? The bottom 50% only pay 3% of income taxes. The entire burden of high taxes is already on the rich. If not for the excessive taxes on the rich, there would be no social services unless of course those in the lower 50% bracket want to start paying your fair share.

Have you ever received a job from a poor person?

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I've been wondering the same question as the OP for over two years. That's pretty much around the time I ran across information that made me curious, and look for more.

Now I post here on ATS, arguement for regression?

In all seriousness, as it is a serious topic...

from post by thendependentjournal

The colonies would gladly have borne the little tax on tea and other matters had it not been that England took away from the colonies their money, which created unemployment and dissatisfaction. The inability of the colonists to get power to issue their own money permanently out of the hands of George III and the international bankers was the PRIME reason for the Revolutionary War. -Benjamin Franklin

Spot on. I feel that my prime irritation with our present system is the Federal Reserve system. A debt free currency is essential. Second only to that is the "Patriot" act. The name alone makes me furious. Most of my family don't even realize the scope and reach of this ultimate tool of tyranny.
That's part of the problem too though... there are a large number of people that just somehow are "programmed" (for lack of a better word, not literally) to stop listening or tune others out when they speak ill of our present government. I've been branded as the family conspiracy theorist. Strangely enough the only other vet in my immediate family shares many of my beliefs, and even points things out to me I hadn't seen! I wonder if serving the beaurocracy helps a person more readily accept what others may find unbelievable at first glance...(?)

Back to the point... I'm really worried about these "Tea Parties" happening on tax day across the nation. I know that my state has implemented "Face Recognition" technology through our DOT. These biometric "faceprints" are said to be more unique and accurate than fingerprints.

Link: L1 Solutions, formerly Viisage Technologies. Supplier to PennDOT, USA as well as the People's Republic of China.

www.l1id.com...

It's not too hard to imagine this technology from the same company not simultaneously implemented:

www.l1id.com...

I'm not on a watchlist that I know of, but...

With that in mind, I'm wondering if it's worth it to attend a tea party? I know it's symbolic, and could indeed be a catalyzing event... I'm just worried. For a couple of reasons: First, obviously I know TPTB have free access to the technology shown on the above link. Don't buy it? Try this PennDOT link, billed as a identity theft and fraud deterrent:

Link: PennDOT site.

www.dmv.state.pa.us...

I have a thread running on traffic cameras all over PA potentially utilizing this technology currently... but I don't want to digress.

One other reason I am concerned with these tea parties is that many of the people are there solely because they want tax relief, or hate the government, or their boyfriend/girlfriend was going... what have you. Essentially any reason but the real reason that these "tea parties" are even symbolic in the first place! The Boston Tea Pary was an outburst of an angry populace at yet another financial fleecing by the Crown.

I'm worried these events will turn into a rabble... a mockery of what they could be.

Check out what a local bar is doing for their "tea party"

Link: Local meat market.

www.red1023.com...

An absolute mockery. They took what was a good intent, and are making it into a social event.

This is the notice that a buddy sent me the other day. He just "found out" about the tax day tea party, and wants to go. He still doesn't really grasp what it's supposed to be about, and I suspect there will be a lot more like that at this event. (I hope the less fortunate get lots of canned goods though.)

www.commonwealthfoundation.org...

I don't know... I think I'll just sit across the river on high ground with a great set of binocs...

Link: Thank you for the photo, Julia Lewis... whoever you are... This was likely taken from Negley Park in Lemoyne. If It were panned down a bit, you'd be looking directly down State Street at the west steps... Where the rally will be taking place. That is the steeple of St. Patrick's on the left... for the Harrisburg savvy...

www.pbase.com...

Well, now you know I wouldn't use this same spot, but you get the point.

Counterpoint: If I just thought of that... TPTB certainly have as well.

Basically, something pretty drastic is going to happen, and I would say within the next year. I don't know if it will be armed revolution, but that's dangerous talk anyway...

Remember, just because you're paranoid doesn't mean "they" are not watching you.

[edit on 9/4/09 by cbianchi513]

[edit on 9/4/09 by cbianchi513]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join