It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indigo Children, Crystal Children ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo Starchild

Here here Starchild
You've said it better than I ever could. We all have a mission in life. It's just that some of us are aware of it and some aren't. I'm almost there with mine. I know I'm getting closer and closer in fulfilling it.

Thanks

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Merriman...
Maybe my ability to express my thoughts as words is not working well in this thread. I'll take the blame, rather than point fingers.

I am in no way trying to lend credence to people having special abilities. Empirical data shows me that they most likely do not.

More than likely when I go out tonight, at least one street light will go out. I in no way believe that has anything to do with me. Streetlights go out. I don't even know why I tosed that into the first post I made. I tried to make it look like a mundane event. I find that no matter how I try to express that I feel it is normal, some people (not you) appear to read my sentences to think I believe to have control over it.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by tamusan
Merriman...
Maybe my ability to express my thoughts as words is not working well in this thread. I'll take the blame, rather than point fingers.

I am in no way trying to lend credence to people having special abilities. Empirical data shows me that they most likely do not.

More than likely when I go out tonight, at least one street light will go out. I in no way believe that has anything to do with me. Streetlights go out. I don't even know why I tosed that into the first post I made. I tried to make it look like a mundane event. I find that no matter how I try to express that I feel it is normal, some people (not you) appear to read my sentences to think I believe to have control over it.

No problem! I starred you rather than us argue about it or get off on a bad footing. We appear to agree about perhaps the most important thing: the empirical data suggests that in most instances, it's unlikely that there's little evidence to support special abilities.

Despite my other posts on this thread, I don't rule the possibility that some cases are genuine. However, it's like panning for gold; a case of having to filter out the detritus.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Merriman Weir

No problem! I starred you rather than us argue about it or get off on a bad footing. We appear to agree about perhaps the most important thing: the empirical data suggests that in most instances, it's unlikely that there's little evidence to support special abilities.

Despite my other posts on this thread, I don't rule the possibility that some cases are genuine. However, it's like panning for gold; a case of having to filter out the detritus.

A lot of people grow up being "daddy's little princess"

Or "my big man"

its just parental caring that we treat our children like they are the "Golden Child" , Couple that with the "Time out" generation and you got a

generaqtion of self centered brats

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seany

Originally posted by Merriman Weir

Or "my big man"

its just parental caring that we treat our children like they are the "Golden Child" , Couple that with the "Time out" generation and you got a

The brats are the bullies - dumb little replicas of their bigoted and narrow minded parents who destroy and torture for fun!!!

[edit on 10-4-2009 by HulaAnglers]

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seany

Or "my big man"

That might be part of this, certainly if the 'diagnosis' - for want of a better word - originates with the parents or some authority figure. Maybe a New Age equivalent of 'pushy mother' syndrome that, in other circumstances, creates 'stage school mums' &c.?

It might be interesting to find out how many 'self-diagnosis' Indigo Children are the result of exactly the opposite scenario. Perhaps the result of families or backgrounds where there wasn't - in their minds - enough attention and spotlight.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
well those who have been blessed with the ability to turn off streetlights, thank heavens a race of people has finally been born with super powers the world REALLY needs, maybe you could get to the point where you could turn off the tv with your mind or make the phone ring with your dreams.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Merriman Weir

Don't worry Merriman, I understand what you're talking about. The truth is that Indigo aren't very different than anyone else.

They say that Indigos are naturally empathetic; big deal, this can be learned and appreciated over time.

They say that Indigos are "in sync" with nature, like to meditate, have affections for pixies and faries, or dolphins and other intelligent mammals; personally, I think this is BS.

They say Indigos are psychic; and psychics weren't around before them??

It seems to me that people have labeled Indigos as just another measuring stick for "my kid is better than yours". Quite frankly, it upsets me a little.

My father labeled as an Indigo when I was very young. I was born in the late 70's, beating the rush to get back on this planet...for some reason.

I was tested for my IQ in elementary school with my father refusing to reveal my score until my mid-twenties. He said he didn't want my ego to be inflated; now I realize why. I scored around a 152. Of course, it doesn't mean much as it's only potential. If anything, it's only aided in extreme boredom with most topics, and I can take a lackadaisical approach to learning and still coast by. Am I squandering a natural ability? Probably, but it's my life and it's up to me to live it as I please.

Beyond that is the holy grail of the Indigo, the paranormal/psychic abilities. Like most things those, only a select few will use these constantly past childhood. Once the teachings of modern man are rammed into your head, and you learn that certain things are wierd/bad, they just kind of go away. Of course, they're still there, you just have to call them up. I've been known to "timeline hop" since I was a child. Many people do this too, it's just looking ahead at possible futures and taking the course you wish. As I understand, it's very similar to what people call deja vu only you're looking at multiple possibilities and choosing the one you want. The only caveat to this is once your subconcious chooses one, you forget the rest. Also, it's seldom anything significant that you'll see, just seemingly arbitrary events...like eating some pringles in a room with very specific people. What is important are the events that lead you to that can of pringles.

In my opinion, besides their normally inflated egos (once they are aware that they're different and go touting their 'obligation' to usher in a better world), Indigos are pretty much similar to everyone else. Every person on the planet is capable of the things that Indigos have.

As much as I've tried to live a normal life though, it just doesn't seem to be in the books. My long time fascination with aliens/ufos has become a reality. I've recently just become aware of life long contacts and my third eye has opened before my crown. Basically, I'm flying blind right now; I've got these near constant headaches, this vortex/corkscrew of energy being pulled into my forehead and some crazy prophetic dreams. Yesterday, I almost had a out-of-body experience; I pulled back just as my body started to separate.

All of these things have happened to me since the turn of the year. Personally, I think these changes are coming to everyone in time. As I get an understanding of the bigger picture, in which all things are connected, I'll post more on ATS..probably in a new thread.

It seems like you've got some pretty thick skin, but I'll say it again; don't mind the Indego children, like all of us, they're just here for the human experience.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by patientobserver

My awe inspiring streetlight powers are NOTHING.

Why just the other day, I shook exactly 2 aspirin out of the bottle, in one try.

And I can cook minute rice in 20 seconds.

-Edrick

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Have a star, too, Merriman. I am saving for the official ATS hovercraft. How about you?

I never tried to say I was an indEgo child (liked that one from the previous post). I only said I met all the criteria. I agree with my doc, I am a schizo. I had a relatively normal childhood. Whatever that is.

Want to hear something that might make you nervous? After I started hearing voices that were not real, I continued to repair military aircraft for 5 years, before I decided that I should get help. It took another 5 years for the military doctors to take me seriously.

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

ditto, yeah i fit the crystal profile but what practicality does that information serve, enough with the labels and more with the action

posted on Apr, 18 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I assume that overheating bulbs, aging electrics and interference with sensors is not an acceptable explanation for many on the streetlight "phenomenon".

askville.amazon.com...

answers.yahoo.com...

www.straightdope.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join