It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An ode to Carl Sagan: A discussion of Life

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Ahh Carl Sagan

I remember reading his stuff when I was a kid. My mom had a huge book of his, I was about 10. It was a coffee table book but it was definitely up my alley at the time for what I was into. I remember her telling me to put it back where it belonged lol I use to take it to my room and read it
I am sure at the time half of it if not more was way over my head but it got me thinking that is for sure.

I have seen the Cosmos' very cool program. I might have to watch it again since it's been a while and there is nothin of interest on tv. I am sure there is something in there that I didn't understand then that i understand now and vice versa. Maybe it will inspire a thread

How did I not see this before?!

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I found this video which is altered from Cosmos using modern illustration... It is quite good actually.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Years ago when I was a young man I sat in on one of his classes...
this was at University of California, Berkeley. Back then I was just a young dumb freshman and had no idea who Carl Sagan was.... that came years later...

anyway what I remember most was his cart... he would move through the lecture hall on this rickety cart and attached to the side were two Co2 fire extinguishers... rigged up as a kind of jet nozzle so he could make crude changes of direction... made a hell of a cloud and he whizzed past... this big wicked grin plastered on his face...

nope when I think about Carl Sagan it's not his many great accomplishments that come to mind... but him on his cart racing down the hall... "LOOK OUT"

<< 1   >>

join