It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pitchforks & Pistols Freaky Right Wing Militias Prepare for Obamageddon!??? *VIDEO*

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Bashing Chuck Norris, Glen Beck and others, Charles Blow penned an op ed column in the New York Times on April 4th, 2009. Hardball interviewed him...watch the video below...it is a mindblower!!!

Keeping in mind that this is Mainstream Media...so of course it is SLANTED

But it is extrememly telling of how they paint any citizen who is unhappy, angry, riled up or more due to the outrageous treasonous activites of the Federal Reserve, The Admisitration, and the G20 sell out!

Beware, if that is you stockpiling ammuntion or food, or preparing for a meltdown, you are being painted as a

Timothy McVeigh. (We sometimes forget that not all dangerous men are trained by Al Qaeda.)

Please watch the video on you tube also so it counts up...and pass this around...www.youtube.com...

Blows comments in the NYT...

Lately I’ve been consuming as much conservative media as possible (interspersed with shots of Pepto-Bismol) to get a better sense of the mind and mood of the right. My read: They’re apocalyptic. They feel isolated, angry, betrayed and besieged. And some of their “leaders” seem to be trying to mold them into militias.
But, it’s not all just harmless talk. For some, their disaffection has hardened into something more dark and dangerous. They’re talking about a revolution.

Some simply lace their unscrupulous screeds with loaded language about the fall of the Republic. We have to “rise up” and “take back our country.” Others have been much more explicit.

For example, Chuck Norris, the preeminent black belt and prospective Red Shirt, wrote earlier this month on the conservative blog WorldNetDaily: “How much more will Americans take? When will enough be enough? And, when that time comes, will our leaders finally listen or will history need to record a second American Revolution?”

New York Times Article

According to the F.B.I., there have been 1.2 million more requests for background checks of potential gun buyers from November to February than there were in the same four months last year. That’s 5.5 million requests altogether over that period; more than the number of people living in Bachmann’s Minnesota.

Blow says he gets a bad sick to his stomach feeling...

[edit on 8-4-2009 by bts] to add link

[edit on 8-4-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I could not even finish wacthing this vidoe, this Jo Blow guy really pisses me off, ignorant arrogant loud mouth, he is dangerous!

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Seeing that its MSNBC and the NYT, it holds very little weight in any ones mind that it is unbiased. Blow is and always has been a liberal shill. The fact that March figures on firearms purchases went up another 70% tells us that the populace believes this administration is definatly going to try some form of ban or registration scheme. Confiscation has always been bandied about by the left and I'm sure that this is their goal. Probably not untill after the next election will we see something tangible. If the Dems start seeing losses in seats of both houses they wil hold off. 2012 will be the turning point. If they are still in power and Obama is still in the whitehouse, the lame duck administration will pull out al the stops and deluge us with anti-firearm laws and schemes. This next election and the behind the scenes scudugery by both parties will determine its outcome. We, who are against any attack on the Bill of Rights, will be on the firing line..so to speak!!

Zindo

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I'm going to do a typical reply pretending this was a fox news clip...I'm not defending them (FOX) btw.

OMG this is a complete farce. MSNBC spouts nothing but lies and I will never believe anything they say. All they do is support Obama's agenda...the CEO of GE..who owns MSNBC...is Obama's economic advisor. No conflict of interest there right? Is there ever? Why aren't they talking about that?

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
You won't have to wait that long if they keep bombarding the public with all the stories of crazy people using guns to kill their families and others. It is coming to a head early and if you can't see that ya need to read some more news sites. I haven't found one that doesn't have a gun killer story the last month or so.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
***Don't flame me***

Honestly, I agree with everything Charles Blow says and when I read that article in the NYT I couldn't help but nod and sip my coffee in worry.

BTW, I don't drink anyone's KoolAid and I consider myself a free thinker. I know ATS has changed...it always will...and I find myself in a shrinking minority but let me just quote part of the article that sums up my current thinking:

As the comedian Bill Maher pointed out, strong language can poison weak minds, as it did in the case of Timothy McVeigh.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

And you know what- one could argue the same with the tremendous support that was shown for Barack Obama during his campaign. Strictly speaking from an analytical perspective on politics, I find the reason the militia worldview is expanding is because you need a message just as strong to "compete" with that of the current administration by scooping up all those currently disinfranchised and putting them in their bag of tricks.

Listen, anytime FOX news jumps on the bandwagon I get a little worried.
It is your right to protest the government; believe me I have done it many times myself...
However, this particular movement is worrying because of the type of characters (and none of you ATSers I assume!) it can attract.

Bottom Line: I would tread carefully-it is not that I do not agree with some aspects- it is that I worry that such possible actions perpetuated by it could lead to something we all do not want being implemented..or started.

IMHO

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I agree that many times a revolution whether peacefull of violent has brought about results not wanted! ( See Russia and Germany in the 20's and 30's!) However, this country was founded on an ideal that took root and was changed very little after the over throw of the British. It is the makeup of those revolutionaries and the ethics of the people that do not founder under pressure that sealed the fate of this nation. Of all the people that see our rights and freedoms denuded of meaning by our so-called elected officials, Very few if any want anything other than the restoration of the Constitution as originally percieved. The freedoms of all mankind here and the rights of those same citizens to continue their lives as they see fit.
What I hear from Blow is just another flunky that furthers controll with no thought to liberty. The Government is the 'be all' and arbiter of our lives. He is deluded and wrong and needs to be called on it, not belived nor given respect!

Zindo

Edit for spilin'!!!

[edit on 4/8/2009 by ZindoDoone]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Actually I think the most insane and incendiary comment Blow made is
"strong language can poison weak minds, as it did in the case of Timothy McVeigh"

Why not compare stong language's influence to Hitler? That would have been more appropiate. McVeigh did not shoot at anyone...any most of the educated public knows that the Okalahoma incident was a set up.

Its very hard to defend yourself your family or your countrymen when you have surrendered your guns, and are facing an armed enemy…especially when your opposition is carrying automatic rifles and sub-machine guns. The difference between resistance and submission depends very largely on who has possession of the arms.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I can't even watch the whole clip. News Anchors like that really rile me up. Not only are they using techniques to make one man seem more crazy than the other but they are told to do so.

Did you notice he always interrupted Gottlieb but stayed quiet when Blow spoke?

Edit: spell check.

[edit on 4/8/2009 by Tentickles]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
At 4:43 in the video, Mr. Blow talks about us in the blogs and on line. As if we are some fringe group. As I have read the posts on ATS, I find that there are men and women from all walks of life on this board discussing how this government, and the last government is and was corupt.

This is the same thing Bush was doing except worse. If you critized Bush's policies, you were labled a pacifist, or a unpatriotic. Under Obama, you are call as nut job and dismissed as fringe.

The Government and its propaganda outlets (MSNBC, CNN, and FOX) are out of control.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Well I have listened to this video several times...Blow refers any thought about gun control rights to an "echo chamber" and says that whatever is happening in that chamber is "very dangerous".

He frames the nutcase immigration shooting with that phrase! Then Blow goes on to say that if "people want to ramble on" and that is the way that they want to use the platform they have, that is "irresponsible" ???

Yes so he is referring to bloggers! And did you notice the caption at the bottom of the screen..." Right Wing Rhetoric; is The Right Wing Pushing Violence?" Like anyone who owns a gun has to be "Right Wing" ?

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 12:25 PM
link   
How anyone can watch this news station for actual news or any kind of intelligent discussion is beyond me. I wanted to punch a hole in my monitor just watching that bozo news anchor speak.
MSNBC= JOKE.
Anyone who watches that station to keep up on current events, is surely lost.

this world is so @#$#ed.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by awake_awoke
***Don't flame me***

Honestly, I agree with everything Charles Blow says and when I read that article in the NYT I couldn't help but nod and sip my coffee in worry.

Blow’s non fact-based analysis---the increase in gun sales is driven by gun owners who are apocalyptically angry, crypto-terrorists, potential Timothy McVeighs trigger happy for violent revolution–-for after all, as Blow says after mentioning McVeigh, “Not all dangerous men are trained by Al Qaeda,” thus equating bun owners with terrorist murderers. There you have classic liberal “nuanced” and “academic” thinking: nothing more than stale clichés, two-bit ad hominem, all twisted up with phony “statistics.” This kind of ignorant thinking is really something to get angry about.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

I like to consider myself inside the plane with those right and left wings. It is the safest place to be.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles

I like to consider myself inside the plane with those right and left wings. It is the safest place to be.

I agree...good quote!!! The whole "Democrat or Republican" "Right Wing Left Wing" is a traveling circus designed to distract the American Public while the Banking Cartel aka Fed Reserve finishes the county off with the G20 sell out.

Republican = Democrat...all the same in my mind.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Thank you, it just flowed out of my fingers.

The best part about being in the plane is that you can look out the windows and see both wings. Not only that, you have an unobstructed view of what is in front of the plane.

While the people on the wings yell at each other, you and I can get to see the future and prepare.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I did not even watch the video because I know it is the SOS. I remember a time when the title "journalist" meant something honorable. Presenting unbiased "news" for better or worse. To think I wanted to be one when I was a kid, I am glad I did not go that route because I would have had to look for another career for not being able to "journal" as I see it.

I do not see the problem with "question everything". To think that so many people don't have minds of their own and believe everything they hear and see and question nothing. People have their personality handed to them on the base of if they watch CNN or FOX. They follow these people because they are being molded into the perfect little drone. "OBEY-BUY-Question Nothing -Follow-NO Individuality-Enlarge this-Success-Money-Fame-Glamor ON TV NOT FOR YOU ". I am sooooo glad I am not one of them.

"Don't believe anything you hear and only half of what you see."

QUESTION EVERYTHING!!!!!!

And for God's sake use your own brain.

[edit on 9-4-2009 by timewalker]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by timewalker

Good Philosophy there!

All the mainstream media reporting is controlled by elitest TPTB...
Especially the big three, and even Fox. All the investigative "journalism"
is controlled, designed and reported on to elicit a predetermined response/emotion from the viewers. Brainwashing...at it's finest!

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
A very interesting article on the second amendment, and the reaction of the citizens.

Ever since the election of President Barack Obama, gun store owners have reported massive increases in sales of firearms and ammunition. Attendees and sellers at Knob Creek can confirm that. Ron Hansen, a retiree from Michigan, grumbles that the ammunition supply at the show has “declined dramatically” since the displays of only a year ago. Myron Moore, a seller making a brisk trade in pistols and clips, explains that sales spiked right after the election and have slipped only a little because people worry this will be their last chance to stock up. “I’m selling everything Obama’s trying to ban,” he laughs.

washingtonindependent.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

All of the media sucks but I would prefer a drink with less poison when I have a choice so I say kudos to Fox as they are at least telling people to get ready while the other outlets are focusing on pure B.S.

It’s funny how some people so freely want others to give up rights that they themselves chose not to exercise.

To all the gun grabbers and Obamabots I would like to say that you can all go to hell, I have given too much already and I won’t give anymore.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join