It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

G20 protests through my eyes PICS/VIDS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   

[edit on 8-4-2009 by Reading]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
[edit on 8-4-2009 by Reading]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

i tried to link to these but clearly im not capable maybe somebody could do it for me?

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I believe you have to upload them to the ATS media portal first.
Just follow the intructions there.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
edit, cos you sorted the youtube thing...

But nice one on the pics (is that Mark Thomas in white, holding a bit of card or something) And nice one for being able to get the pics and video passed the police kettle!!

[edit on 8/4/2009 by Acidtastic]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

Im not sure but that guy was amazing, he was asking the cops for hugs and they definatly wer'nt amused! he said he was the care police and he was ordering the police to hug him, when obviously they didnt listen he said right since your not going to do it we will show you how and then everybody in the crowd maybe about 400 people all hugged eachover haha

its all on the youtube thingy! im making a new thread i have some amazing pics of all the messages at Ians memorial some really deep pictures

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 10:39 AM
link   
That sounds like just the sort ofthing Mark Thomas would do, he's a great political comedian. (and kind of a personal hero of mine) I remember he was on TV about to be arrested whilst working for channel 4. The cop said to him "occupation?" and he said "cosmic souls searcher of truth" and the cop said, bless him "that's unemployed then"

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Acidtastic

haha that sounds like the dude i saw! it was funny everybody had signs saying all this doom and gloom and his said and i quote "everything is ok" haha he made my day to be honest thats the way to protest peacefully and full of humour,

right acid tastic im starting another thread about the memorial keep an eye out seeing as you were there you will probably like to see em!

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Than ks for the pics, glad you are well. Could you perhaps write a little bit about your experiences too? What were you feeling, thinking and what was the experience like from your prospective? Do you feel like this was normal for all of the security and was it even nessisary in your opinnion?

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Thanks for the concern i was to fast for those batons! i was feeling amazing in the day because their was serious unity between the people, it was amazing to hear 2000 plus voices chanting in unison i have never experianced anything like that before!

it was definatly amazing! but when all the riots kicked off it all went abit crazy and im not going to lie i was involved in lets just say less than peacefull protests, but only because i believe everybody is born eqaul and just because you have a badge and a bat doesnt change a thing,

the police completely went over the top with their tactics from the start when they kettles us in to when they were charging us all night untill they pushed us back all the way to the bridge, i saw that guy on the floor wetting himself in shock and its something i wont forget for a long time!

i am sorry antar but i have written so much already its tiring to keep writing it! it feels like nobody listens on here! maybe their is a way to look through the posts i have already written? because i know when i c
first came back i wrote quite alot and in other threads,

also i just made another thread with pics from the memorial here is the link for you! thanks for the input! mitch

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
These images are beautiful, thank you so much for sharing. I'll be saving these to my G20 folder.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by sadisticwoman

its the least i oould do, been meaning to do it for days if you have any maybe you can post them here? get a nice picture thread goin im sure other members there too

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I wasn't there, so none of them are mine. I'm just collecting them.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Thanks for posting I can feel the real emotion in your writing. I kind of sense that you felt a separation between the police and security and the civilians, the regular people as well as the people there to demonstrate? Did they seem to react differently to the demonstrators verses regular people just walking by, shopping ect?

Also you said that they were 'chanting' what an experience that must have been. What was it they were chanting?

I have not read any of your posts in other threads and after producing such compelling evidence of having been there this was the only way to get the acknowledgement you deserve.

Again thankyou for your courage and for bringing this to the forum to share what will be a memory that will last a life time.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Thanks for posting I can feel the real emotion in your writing. I kind of sense that you felt a separation between the police and security and the civilians, the regular people as well as the people there to demonstrate? Did they seem to react differently to the demonstrators verses regular people just walking by, shopping ect?

Also you said that they were 'chanting' what an experience that must have been. What was it they were chanting?

I have not read any of your posts in other threads and after producing such compelling evidence of having been there this was the only way to get the acknowledgement you deserve.

Again thankyou for your courage and for bringing this to the forum to share what will be a memory that will last a life time.

Hmmm its hard to get across emotion through a keyboard
The police didnt no who was who there was no way they could, they treated everybody the same terrible way.

on the bridge i saw a whole family get caught up in the crowd they looked pretty scared we all told them to go down some stairs to stay safe and they did so, the protestors were looking out for eachover no doubt about it, whenever somebody got battoned or nearly dragged away others would try and help. we even had an argument between ourselves to let the ambulance through we got our wires crossed and we was all arguing for the same thing quite funny when you look back at it, the ambulance was allowed to go through the protestors but the police then blocked it going past them as it shows in the other video on the other thread

the two police vans i think that followed the ambulance were not allowed through by the protestors they got pelted with all sorts they then turned around and left. after that we spent the night getting pushed and pushing back, untill they finally pushed us back all the way to london 1 bridge.

i didnt want to cross back on the same bridge for fear of getting taken by them, so i made my way towards tower bridge and made my way back to the climate camp, when i got there the police had blocked everybody from coming in or out which was strange becaue i had visited there earlier in the day and this wasnt the case as the pictures show. i tried for about an hour to find a way in but by this time it was getting late and i needed to get the last train back to where i stay.

there is a big you VS us mentality with the police, i checked out there forum last night to check on this topi www.ukpoliceonline.co.uk? to read from their side of the story, they are extremely one sided have look yourself if you can.

i have been lurking on ats for years now but nothin has made me really want to sign up, apart from this i feel people should know about this maybe something will change in the future? that was my first protest too but it wont be my last!

sorry for the bad grammer i havent wrote anything for a long while! hope this answers some questions for ya

new topics

top topics

join